Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #43
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
No offense, but you seem to be more upset than the people whom you are ridiculing?

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #44
tmane'sLtRs
Rs Member

Drives: 2001 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Dude! No offense but we had this discussion already in an appropriately named thread: I'm confused.
thank you rolnslo i think he's the one who doesnt know what he's talking about. I have been following this site for a very long time i just recently registered.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #45
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik View Post
hahaha... but man, they're pretty expensive... maybe there will be an option and hopefully they will have a good bargain for them.... otherwise, it'll be the cheap (but not really) rubber, with a cheap inflatation kit for me...

I would think that the SS would get the run flats like the Corvette. That mush HP and Speed is deadly with a blowout and the Runflats are safer tires for sports cars. Now the v6 I think would end up with plain tires. I know the 18's are Bf goodrich traction TA and they are not run flat. Now GM like to put the same tires on similar vehicles and I am just a bit of hope that they wont order but one type for the 20's. Maybe Fbodfather has some insight on this...hint hint and just because others want to know -

V6 true duals or y-pipe?

or :( 1 in 2 out muffler
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #46
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
Scotsman I'm just wondering why you think the fascia is a V6? I'm not aware of any V6's that will have the mail slot, unless I'm totally missing something. No flames intended just wondering.
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #47
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
I would think that the SS would get the run flats like the Corvette. That mush HP and Speed is deadly with a blowout and the Runflats are safer tires for sports cars. Now the v6 I think would end up with plain tires. I know the 18's are Bf goodrich traction TA and they are not run flat. Now GM like to put the same tires on similar vehicles and I am just a bit of hope that they wont order but one type for the 20's. Maybe Fbodfather has some insight on this...hint hint and just because others want to know -

V6 true duals or y-pipe?
To the best of my knowledge the P-Zero's the SS comes with aren't run flats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
Scotsman I'm just wondering why you think the fascia is a V6? I'm not aware of any V6's that will have the mail slot, unless I'm totally missing something. No flames intended just wondering.
Several of the pre-pro Camaro V6 models had the mail slot. Like the one all the auto mags tested recently.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 08-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #48
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Several of the pre-pro Camaro V6 models had the mail slot. Like the one all the auto mags tested recently.
Huh didn't know that. Thanks.
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #49
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Quote:
Huh didn't know that. Thanks.
No problem, I actually don't know enough about the differences between the V6 and RS front fascia to tell you what the one pictured in this thread is though.

Kurt Vonnegut
Old 08-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #50
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
This is a moot point to discuss now, now that we know it's indeed a V8. I took a look at some other pics and realized that's a full on SS and NOT a V6. Of course no one here let me come up for air because that's something we just do not do on the internet, especially with as much ego and testosterone floating around on here.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #51
supr_bikr_99

Drives: 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Hopefully this helps

supr_bikr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #52
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Nice find. Looks like the Camaro that was spotted in the San Diego Area yesterday. Thanks for the pix. Now i have new wallpaper.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #53
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
To the best of my knowledge the P-Zero's the SS comes with aren't run flats.
Yeah I just looked it up only p-zeros that are run flat come in 18, 17 & 16. Thats too bad:(
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #54
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
This is a moot point to discuss now, now that we know it's indeed a V8. I took a look at some other pics and realized that's a full on SS and NOT a V6. Of course no one here let me come up for air because that's something we just do not do on the internet, especially with as much ego and testosterone floating around on here.
It's not that we didn't let you come up for air, it's just that you kept ripping on everyone that said you were incorrect - before looking at what we were saying. It's over and done with.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #55
divvichild
Corvette Owner

Drives: '06 MS Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
Yeah I just looked it up only p-zeros that are run flat come in 18, 17 & 16. Thats too bad:(
Sry to say it, but you may be wrong. Take a look at the top 4:

http://www.us.pirelli.com/web/catalo...pe=CAR-SUV-VAN

I may be wrong though.

EDIT: Just did some more research. According to the spec manual, the rear SS tires are P275/40ZR20, which ARE runflats. However, the fronts are P245/45ZR20, which are not on the runflat list.

Last edited by divvichild; 08-29-2008 at 06:20 PM.
divvichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #56
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Either way, GM said that the Camaro will not receive run flat tires in production.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote