Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #126
camarohead

Drives: 2010 ss rs ls3 red-white rallys
hey caver, so whadda think? do you feel a lot more torque or high end performance? dont know if you have had a chance to really drive it yet, but let us know.
camarohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #127
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohead View Post
hey caver, so whadda think? do you feel a lot more torque or high end performance? dont know if you have had a chance to really drive it yet, but let us know.
LOL.....wish I could tell you. The car is still at the shop. Andy just sent me the link to the pre-install dyno because he new I would want to see it. I'll pick it up in another 3 or 4 hours.

Unfortunately we are getting hammered with rain from the Hurricane that came on land yesterday. We are getting drenched right now but it's supposed to be gone by tomorrow.

I plan on doing a review soon on the new setup. I just wanted to post the pre-install dyno so people can get an idea of the type of HP to expect from that setup.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #128
camarohead

Drives: 2010 ss rs ls3 red-white rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
LOL.....wish I could tell you. The car is still at the shop. Andy just sent me the link to the pre-install dyno because he new I would want to see it. I'll pick it up in another 3 or 4 hours.

Unfortunately we are getting hammered with rain from the Hurricane that came on land yesterday. We are getting drenched right now but it's supposed to be gone by tomorrow.

I plan on doing a review soon on the new setup. I just wanted to post the pre-install dyno so people can get an idea of the type of HP to expect from that setup.
ok.....look forward to your review. man your car looks good on the dyno.
camarohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #129
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohead View Post
ok.....look forward to your review. man your car looks good on the dyno.
Thanks...the headlight being out bugs the crap out of me in the video but it did start working again. I'm going to look at mounting the ballast better. We had the super down pour yesterday and I'm thinking some wires got wet.

Anyway, here is the post on the headers in case you missed it.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104881

So far the 1 3/4" have been just fine. For my situation they should be plenty good and I got a deal on a used set that I couldn't turn down. The numbers look (and feel) good to me. The only other thing I'll probably do is add a Stage II cam down the road. Even then I bet there is a very minimal difference between the 3/4 vs 7/8.

The light raspy sound (thats the best way I can describe it) of the headers at start up gives me a smile from ear to ear every time I start it up. I've actually started my car...then turned it off...just so I can start it again. Done that several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
So I finally pulled the trigger on a set of LT headers, 3" exhaust, and tune....done by ADM Performance. While it's there they did the pre-install dyno and I thought those of you intrested in doing the muffler delete, rear cat delete, and x-pipe would be intrestested in the dyno result.

Here is the stats on the car at this dyno.
About 3,500 miles
Magnaflow resonated x-pipe
Muffler delete
Rear cat delete
Halltech Yellow Jacket CAI

375 rwhp / 375 rwtq

Here is the video......an YES I now the headlight is out. The ballast must have gone out and I'll have it replaced.

BTW: I forgot to come back and post this yesterday but when I picked up my car from ADM he found that the oil catch can was causing a vaccum leak. He replaced it back with the factory hose and it picked up another 4 rwhp. So this setup should be good for almost 380 rwhp.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 08-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #130
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
but, is it legal in texas? imma foreign student and i dont want to get any trouble with the police.. heheh
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #131
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
Nice read. I still wondered how much a difference would be from the Resonated X over my Monster of a can stock resonators on my L99? I'd like it to be a little louder at idle as the car cruises are upon us. If the resonated X isn't much different I'd be better off with the Tru-X. Right now at a cruising speed its rather smooth. Its when I rev it or punch the gas when it gets nasty. Thanks.
http://youtu.be/4HlJ96uo7VE
Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #132
IDEALG
"Chevy" rumbles best

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
[QUOTE=JANNETTYRACING;1488237]Maybe recommend a Sawsall instead of a torch for nice clean cuts, otherwise a decent job.

my thoughts exactly
Old 03-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #133
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SwiftChancelor View Post
Nice read. I still wondered how much a difference would be from the Resonated X over my Monster of a can stock resonators on my L99? I'd like it to be a little louder at idle as the car cruises are upon us. If the resonated X isn't much different I'd be better off with the Tru-X. Right now at a cruising speed its rather smooth. Its when I rev it or punch the gas when it gets nasty. Thanks.
http://youtu.be/4HlJ96uo7VE
I'm really not sure what to tell you there. The resonated x does smooth out the sound but it's probably not as loud as the Tru-x.

Now with my 3" Magnaflow exhaust I have the Tru-x and it sounds great but the Magnaflow mufflers are what really help it out.

If I were in your position and wanted a little more sound I would still lean towards the Tru-x. You might want to call JDP Motorsports and get's Jordan's thoughts as well. He is a pretty big Magnaflow dealer. He'll also get you the best price on either x-pipe.

[QUOTE=IDEALG;4677612]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Maybe recommend a Sawsall instead of a torch for nice clean cuts, otherwise a decent job.

my thoughts exactly
LOL....yeah, that bugged the crap out of me as well. Which is why I had the system re-cut with a sawsall and re-done. The second group of guys did a much better job. It's just too bad I didn't go to them the first time. That was a live and learn thing.

I sold that cat-back over a year ago once I went to LTs and 3" Magnaflow.
Build Journal
Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #134
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
True x though add drone maybe and or also raspier then resonated x.
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes /Magnaflow resonated X Pipe/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #135
SandmanSS

Drives: 87 IrocZ-2010 SS/RS
Got mine done this morning. Magnaflow to replace factory resonators and mufflers like your pictures. I stuck with my stock tips, figured I had spent enough. $275 out the door including the Magnaflow. It's louder than before and has a deeper; richer sound. especially as you get above 2500 rpms. I like it a lot. I can really tell how restrictive the stock set up was now. I added a K&N Air charger two weeks ago and now that I have the muffler delete and new exhaust set up, it feels like a totally new engine with all kinds of new power. Am I crazy or what?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #136
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
i couldnt stand my car being quiet so i had a muffler delete done just to tide me over until i get a catback. it sounds alot better but how would it perform and sound if i done away with the resonators too? would i lose alot of back pressure?