Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #18
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro
 
Dave_O's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chi, IL
Posts: 7,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Fixed that for you!
Let Tac be, he's only 13 or 14, he doesn't know any better yet! Although I guess its a good thing to start teaching him now!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro gal View Post
PQ does the seat move up far enough for you to touch the pedals? LMAO!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #19
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre
 
TheCaptain's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Moosomin, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 2,730
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Lol you been drinking the cool aid again. Not a truck guy by any stretch, my little 4 banger ranger is all the truck I need, but even I know Ford lays the smack down when it comes to Trucks, and their trucks have been some of the best selling Trucks in the market. For a number of years....
Kool aid or not, GM sells more trucks then ford, Chevy and GMC seperate do not.
In the oil patch, many fords are used for crew trucks. That way we could beat the hell out of them and no one would care. And they did not stand up... i switched five trucks in a year and a half. booo ford.
__________________
TheCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #20
Outlaw_SS
 
Outlaw_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 86
Ford's claim to be the best selling truck is not even accurate when you add Chevy truck sales to GMC truck sales....the combined sales number blows Ford away.
Outlaw_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro
 
Dave_O's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chi, IL
Posts: 7,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_SS View Post
Ford's claim to be the best selling truck is not even accurate when you add Chevy truck sales to GMC truck sales....the combined sales number blows Ford away.
Correct, because Ford as a company only had one brand, the Ford brand, that builds trucks. GM has Chevy and GMC. There numbers are and ALWAYS HAVE BEEN skewed due to this fact. Put Ford against GM and they will no longer have that big 'advantage' they claim to have.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro gal View Post
PQ does the seat move up far enough for you to touch the pedals? LMAO!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #22
Ninjak
Banned
 
Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 819
True true and true. But because GM strat is to make ONE BASE truck, and slap 2 different branding on it, make it a tops seller ? No. This thinking is what landed GM in the hot water they are currently trying to get out of now. Sure you can combine GMC and Chevy and say they have the top numbers. I never understood why GM just do not sell their trucks under GMC to begin with really.

Also I never stated that GM trucks are bad. Nope..not saying that. But to say Ford trucks suck is a far fetching statement as well, because just like a Mustang, I see a whole lot of Ford trucks every.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #23
97one

 
97one's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT RS w/polished 19"rims
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 924
6.6L Duramax diesel

Has ANYONE heard any news about a 6.6L Duramax diesel or ANY DIESEL to be available in a 2011 Tahoe or Suburban.....?
Or any news about the 2011 Tahoe or Suburban ?
Thanks.........
97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #24
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,789
GMC and Chevy are are different makes and models and GMC is trying to seperate itself also with it's professional grade. Yes, they are made by the same company, but you don't add arcadia and it's other 3 stablemates as 1 model do you?

Anyway, I would go for the Ram HD over the Ford or GM for 1 reason, it meets the NO2 standards without having to use a eurea system that has to be filled every 5000 miles.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #25
MrIcky

 
MrIcky's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise
Posts: 1,536
Some much needed upgrades. I'm still a Dodge truck guy, but I'm impressed with the changes.

If I was going to run a 20k load I would move up to a medium duty truck though. Even if the truck can handle it payload wise, that's alot of weight for that wheelbase and the tires you can fit in a light duty trucks wheel wells. A 30-35ft toy-hauler would be a perfect fit though.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #26
nova

 
nova's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Does anyone else think that HD trucks are getting a bit insane?
Not in the least! My 3-5 year goal is a 2500HD to tow a camper with
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, M6,VR,White Rally's,Polished Wheels

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #27
MrIcky

 
MrIcky's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Not at all. When you use them everyday for business like I do, they need to be what they have become. What is insane , is everyday people buying them to drive for everyday units just to hall a 16' bass boat or the four wheeler to camp a couple of times a year. Both of which a 1/2 truck will do just fine.
Ya but you need at least a 2500 if you want to be able to run 22's with a 6 inch lift plus haul your preteen children that weigh 250 lbs each to Winger's.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #28
Scrappy Doo


 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Drives: Taylor Made R15
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W8n 4 Snow, Minnesota
Posts: 4,678
I have owned ford dodge and gmc in the last 12 months. They are all nice in their respective ways. They are all not so nice in their respective ways.

And yes, wood grain is ugly.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #29
Ninjak
Banned
 
Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 819
I never understood that. Exp down here in S. Fla. I see these tiny little women, with ONE BABY, get out of the biggest trucks you have ever seen. Or a F250 Dually(spelling ?) hike up, big rims and all, pulling a jet-ski trailer...

I mean yes get what you want, but over excess seems a bit extreme down here.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #30
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,085
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
Correct, because Ford as a company only had one brand, the Ford brand, that builds trucks. GM has Chevy and GMC. There numbers are and ALWAYS HAVE BEEN skewed due to this fact. Put Ford against GM and they will no longer have that big 'advantage' they claim to have.
Not true. I present the Lincoln Mark LT:


Though the truck has been discontinued in the US and Canada, it does continue to be sold in Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
True true and true. But because GM strat is to make ONE BASE truck, and slap 2 different branding on it, make it a tops seller ? No. This thinking is what landed GM in the hot water they are currently trying to get out of now. Sure you can combine GMC and Chevy and say they have the top numbers. I never understood why GM just do not sell their trucks under GMC to begin with really.

Also I never stated that GM trucks are bad. Nope..not saying that. But to say Ford trucks suck is a far fetching statement as well, because just like a Mustang, I see a whole lot of Ford trucks every.
Who sells more full size pickup trucks, Ford Motor Company or General Motors? Breaking it down by brand is meaningless (unless you are trying to make Ford look good) since the brands are not independent.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #31
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green
 
GrnMchin's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Nova SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I prefer a full bumper rather than the 'buck tooth' on the 1/2 tons. Those specs are very impressive. 10 ton towing capacity, over 6000 lbs of payload? Does anyone else think that HD trucks are getting a bit insane?
Not really for us that use our HD's like trucks (mine towing 14k + about 50% of the time other half is as my DD). It is nice to see GM close the gap from the 3500 to the Kodiak. The Kodiak was just to big to use as a DD, but now they have a truck that I can use without having to add overload springs and such..
__________________
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #32
Ninjak
Banned
 
Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Who sells more full size pickup trucks, Ford Motor Company or General Motors? Breaking it down by brand is meaningless (unless you are trying to make Ford look good) since the brands are not independent.
Oh I am not sure about it..I guess GM does. But that was not was I was trying to get at, by branding. GM on a whole I guess does have the top sales, my point is why not just sell them under one umbrella. Also the fact that both Ford and Dodge (as it was pointed out) does quite well in the truck dept.

I do not keep up with Trucks to much, I think the big 3 do sell a ton of them and that all 3 are doing fine in that dept.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #33
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro
 
Dave_O's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chi, IL
Posts: 7,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Not true. I present the Lincoln Mark LT:


Though the truck has been discontinued in the US and Canada, it does continue to be sold in Mexico.

...
That was a HUGE flop. And mexico doesn't count because they are still selling Bel Airs too...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro gal View Post
PQ does the seat move up far enough for you to touch the pedals? LMAO!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,085
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
That was a HUGE flop. And mexico doesn't count because they are still selling Bel Airs too...
It was indeed a huge flop ... but I still count them (during the relevant years of course) when adding up FoMoCo's truck sales.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM Reveals US-Spec 2011 Chevrolet Cruze! FenwickHockey65 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 91 06-05-2010 11:05 AM
Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va scores and "F" in quality! edog USA - Mid-Atlantic 40 03-05-2010 12:02 PM
Chevy....The FUTURE years.... CamaroScotty General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 13 04-01-2009 01:39 PM
Silverado 2007 Truck Of The Year KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 1 12-21-2006 01:59 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.