Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #902
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Yea...but you're gonna need to add some dope.
I got cheech on speed dial... Corey and I got plans... you dont scare me.... much!!!
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #903
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I got cheech on speed dial... Corey and I got plans... you dont scare me.... much!!!
Sweet! Camaro nationals is coming up...everything should be ready by then.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #904
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Sweet! Camaro nationals is coming up...everything should be ready by then.
In light of recent events, I dont think I'll be completely ready by then, but time will tell... Good Luck on your build... Following along...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #905
4thGen427CI
5th Gen
 
4thGen427CI's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver,Colorado
Posts: 426
Once you two start reaching speedster's territory... it will start looking ugly at these Fest Ill catch up to you fella's in 5+ years
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #906
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
Once you two start reaching speedster's territory... it will start looking ugly at these Fest Ill catch up to you fella's in 5+ years
Ugly is in the eye of the beholder...

Eight or ten or twenty cars in the 1000+ RWHP ~~~daily~~~ driven/driveable street cars would be freaking amazing to see...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #907
4thGen427CI
5th Gen
 
4thGen427CI's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver,Colorado
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Ugly is in the eye of the beholder...

Eight or ten or twenty cars in the 1000+ RWHP ~~~daily~~~ driven/driveable street cars would be freaking amazing to see...
I should have rephrased that to "it will start looking ugly for the tires at these fest "
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #908
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
In light of recent events, I dont think I'll be completely ready by then, but time will tell... Good Luck on your build... Following along...
We may not be able to run, but you need to come so we can hang out. I'm gonna have my hands full anyway with MAD600 and Owen's 1000+ nitrous car.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #909
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
We may not be able to run, but you need to come so we can hang out. I'm gonna have my hands full anyway with MAD600 and Owen's 1000+ nitrous car.
Run or not, If I'm in town, I'll be there... Gotta come support my H-Town Peeps...

It's a Texas Thing...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #910
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
I should have rephrased that to "it will start looking ugly for the tires at these fest "
True that, tire shaking will be prevelant, and I'm talking when the car is sitting still....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #911
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
We've had triple digit heat here for a while, so I talked to Owen and we installed a second trans cooler to play it safe. Just got back from a little family vacation in New York, so I'll find out how the LSX is coming along and post up.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #912
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
We may not be able to run, but you need to come so we can hang out. I'm gonna have my hands full anyway with MAD600 and Owen's 1000+ nitrous car.
I remember the days when I was his competition...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #913
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you
 
bossbunny's Avatar
 
Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cut 'N Shoot Texas
Posts: 24,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
We've had triple digit heat here for a while, so I talked to Owen and we installed a second trans cooler to play it safe. Just got back from a little family vacation in New York, so I'll find out how the LSX is coming along and post up.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I remember the days when I was his competition...
So long ago...
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #914
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I remember the days when I was his competition...
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
So long ago...
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #915
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Since I'm going with more power, I've started looking at 3" exhausts. I really like the Borla sound, but it's my understanding that their 3" still starts at 2.5", which seems to defeat the purpose. I've heard the Kooks 3", but really didn't like the sound. Instead of starting yet another exhaust thread I figured I'd put this out to all you power-junkies that read my journal. Suggestions?
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #916
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I've heard the Kooks 3", but really didn't like the sound. Instead of starting yet another exhaust thread I figured I'd put this out to all you power-junkies that read my journal. Suggestions?
I like my kooks set up, I think it really benifits the engine having it so open all the way back... as for the tone... i think its alright.

nothing is going to compare the way your auto start cranked your car when it was cold though... damn it was sic.

as for other suggestions... not too sure. not my expertise.

Are you getting new headers?
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #917
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
I like my kooks set up, I think it really benifits the engine having it so open all the way back... as for the tone... i think its alright.

nothing is going to compare the way your auto start cranked your car when it was cold though... damn it was sic.

as for other suggestions... not too sure. not my expertise.

Are you getting new headers?
I have Kooks 1 7/8" headers now...keeping those. I don't remember what yours sounded like...I just remember it on another club member's car.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #918
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I have Kooks 1 7/8" headers now...keeping those. I don't remember what yours sounded like...I just remember it on another club member's car.
i barely remember what mine sounds like. haha

it made a really cool sound on the LS3 and procharger... i had more than one person tell me on the highway it sounded very euro.. like almost lambo at high speeds.

but the 427 was a whole different beast. goood luck...
will follow closely.
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taylor's 2010 Camaro SS [COTW 12/13/10] TaylorRyanSS Member Car Journals 555 05-24-2014 03:54 AM
2011 SS Detnews review - 2011 Camaro SS Fits In With Classic Cruisers Johnnyma45 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 21 09-05-2010 02:15 AM
SS: 1SS and 2SS The_Blur 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 86 03-12-2010 12:12 AM
Review of my Camaro SS (Rental from Avis) clan0013 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 19 02-15-2010 06:10 PM
Anyone with an HHR SS or Implala SS caverman 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1 02-06-2010 06:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.