Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Old 02-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Birthday trip in a 5th gen!

My girl rented a new Camaro, had 157 miles on the clock when we left the lot! We're cruisin down to Monterey for my birthday/Valentine's day!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
SmokinBills 2SS

Drives: 2SS summit white stick shift
Sweet. try the launch control
SmokinBills 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Happy birthday and congrats!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinBills 2SS View Post
Sweet. try the launch control
They have manuals for rent? I thought they only had automatic.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Monterey

Carmel

Takin the car from 0 to 100 on a back road>>>
She's not usually into going fast, this car just does something to ya This is the girl that loves her smooth, silent Lexus, and just look at the windblown hair from drivin with her arm out the window!

What a BLAST! We were pumped about buying one already, now we're both ready to start sellin rock just to get into one tomorrow!

The only thing available was this A6 1LT, and we barely got that- but even that was honestly a GREAT ride! We spent at least 6 hours on the road going to/from Monterey, and STILL kept driving around once we got back into town!

This car is awesome

Only thing out there more badass than this car, is a girl that would do a gift like this, she's the BEST!

We're dying for that 2SS/RS, and I'm betting we'll have it sooner now! She was (maybe) sadder to return the rental car than I!

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 02-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Ben, I didn't know it was your Birthday. That was very sweet of her to treat you like that! Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday!!! By the way, after driving mine, how does that V6 compare to my eight? How does the car feel hugging the road too?
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
What a great story about your excellent gift!!!

You two look very happy and adding a 5th gen can only add to the fun
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Ben, I didn't know it was your Birthday. That was very sweet of her to treat you like that! Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday!!! By the way, after driving mine, how does that V6 compare to my eight? How does the car feel hugging the road too?
Thanks Ed! Feelin older all the time, the years are flyin by faster and faster...

In comparison though, the LT clearly does not have the power of your SS, but it does have enough to do whatever you may need... I was expecting to get the 'where's the beef?' feeling when I hit the pedal, but I didn't- and I'm used to driving my 365ish hp LS1

This car had exactly 175 miles when we picked it up, and had almost 600 when we gave it back

It seemed much quicker toward the end of the trip, but maybe that was just my foot gettin more comfortable. As far as stability goes, that thing stays PLANTED! We went up north on Friant late last night and I must admit I was doing those big curves at around 90- the car felt solid as a rock, like I could've been going 120 and it woud've been just fine!

That thing always felt like, no matter how fast you were going, it wanted to go a little faster. Amazing little six.

I was so pleasantly satisfied by the 1LT, I know I'm gonna be simply blown away by the 2SS once I get to put some long miles in behind the wheel

And I have to say, I'm kinda glad I never really got into it when I drove your SS, because I'm positive it would've shot up to a much higher speed than I would feel right about in anyone else's car

Was an invaluable test drive opportunity- this is how everyone should test drive... I honestly think she was sadder about returning the car than I was LOL Watching Eme turn into Kyle Petty was pretty damned cool as well. She's normally an assertive driver, but she was enjoying the drive in this car- accelerating just to feel the speed, and just driving spiritedly. The road time was just as much fun as the time spent in Monterey, it was awesome.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
What a great story about your excellent gift!!!

You two look very happy and adding a 5th gen can only add to the fun
It really did! We took the long way home, and still wanted more road time LOL

Thanks Cyn!

Old 02-15-2010, 04:27 AM   #10
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Thanks Ed! Feelin older all the time, the years are flyin by faster and faster...

In comparison though, the LT clearly does not have the power of your SS, but it does have enough to do whatever you may need... I was expecting to get the 'where's the beef?' feeling when I hit the pedal, but I didn't- and I'm used to driving my 365ish hp LS1

This car had exactly 175 miles when we picked it up, and had almost 600 when we gave it back

It seemed much quicker toward the end of the trip, but maybe that was just my foot gettin more comfortable. As far as stability goes, that thing stays PLANTED! We went up north on Friant late last night and I must admit I was doing those big curves at around 90- the car felt solid as a rock, like I could've been going 120 and it woud've been just fine!

That thing always felt like, no matter how fast you were going, it wanted to go a little faster. Amazing little six.

I was so pleasantly satisfied by the 1LT, I know I'm gonna be simply blown away by the 2SS once I get to put some long miles in behind the wheel

And I have to say, I'm kinda glad I never really got into it when I drove your SS, because I'm positive it would've shot up to a much higher speed than I would feel right about in anyone else's car

Was an invaluable test drive opportunity- this is how everyone should test drive... I honestly think she was sadder about returning the car than I was LOL Watching Eme turn into Kyle Petty was pretty damned cool as well. She's normally an assertive driver, but she was enjoying the drive in this car- accelerating just to feel the speed, and just driving spiritedly. The road time was just as much fun as the time spent in Monterey, it was awesome.
Feelin' older? I'd love to be your age! Enjoy you youth, because it doesn't last.

I think it's great that you two put so many miles on it. And you got me smiling thinking about driving on those curves on Friant. One of these days I'd like to rent one (maybe a convertible going up to Yosemite).

As far as not really getting into it in mine...it just shows you've got alot of class! Having said that, if you ever drive it again, I can assure you there isn't anything you're going to do in it that I haven't done.

I couldn't end this without mentioning how cool it is to hear about how Eme loved it!!! I have a feeling there is going to be a new Red 2SS/RS in your future! I'm also very happy you had such a wonderful birthday!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
Old 02-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #11
Rob53

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS VR Camaro convertible
Happy Birthday Ben!

Hey Ben, a belated happy birthday! What a great birthday gift too! Glad to hear that you guys enjoyed yourselves so much! I'm hoping to rent a Camaro in either NY or Washington DC this June, but man the prices are outrageous! That's if you can find one too! We will need it for about a week, but I'm not gonna pay $200 a day for it. May have to settle for something else. I've already received an open invitation from the Long Island Camaro5 people, to join them when I get there, and am still hoping to pull it off, but it's not looking good at this point. Once again, happy birthday, and now you've really made it harder on yourself, waiting on a new Camaro! See you soon......Rob
Rob53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
i agreee about the test drive comment...it's a great way to really get a test drive on a car you're thinking of buying. it's not that expensive either (unless it's a corvette or some special car like that).
Old 02-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #13
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob53 View Post
Hey Ben, a belated happy birthday! What a great birthday gift too! Glad to hear that you guys enjoyed yourselves so much! I'm hoping to rent a Camaro in either NY or Washington DC this June, but man the prices are outrageous! That's if you can find one too! We will need it for about a week, but I'm not gonna pay $200 a day for it. May have to settle for something else. I've already received an open invitation from the Long Island Camaro5 people, to join them when I get there, and am still hoping to pull it off, but it's not looking good at this point. Once again, happy birthday, and now you've really made it harder on yourself, waiting on a new Camaro! See you soon......Rob
Thanks Rob!

200 a day?? We only paid 85, plus tax, etc brought it to around 100... It was definitely hard to get though, we showed up at the airport about 10 min after Avis opened, and someone had already beaten us to the last one! We ended up chancing it and headed over to Enterprise where we got their last one

It was hard to wait before, now it's downright painful!

It was a great experience though, great to see Eme fall in love with it too

Best of luck finding one for rent out yonder, you planning on coming out to Bakersfield with us? It's gonna be huge, wouldn't be right without ya!

Old 02-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #14
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

More pix

In no particular order:

Old 02-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Has the v6 got a "ludicrous" speed button on it? That wheel is broken and blurred...

Old 02-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #16
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Has the v6 got a "ludicrous" speed button on it? That wheel is broken and blurred...

Haha it sure does, we had a tough time getting Dark Helmet to give up the keys

Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #17
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
My girl rented a new Camaro, had 157 miles on the clock when we left the lot! We're cruisin down to Monterey for my birthday/Valentine's day!
Freaky, my wife wanted to go to Montery today but we ended up shopping at the Tulare mall (with our van).

Cool pics, thanks for sharing

Happy Birthday!

RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #18
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Freaky, my wife wanted to go to Montery today but we ended up shopping at the Tulare mall (with our van).

Cool pics, thanks for sharing

Happy Birthday!

Thanks Rich! It was nice in Monterey, we'd never been! We're planning to go back soon, the Clam Chowder is top notch!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #19
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Oh, I could go for some good New England Clam Chowder right now...damn it Ben!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 AM   #20
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Oh, I could go for some good New England Clam Chowder right now...damn it Ben!!!

Gotta come out with us next time!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:57 AM   #21
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:

Gotta come out with us next time!
We may take you up on that one of these times. Anyway, the dogs and I just got into a 5 lbs roast. And it tastes good!!!
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2010, 03:02 AM   #22
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
We may take you up on that one of these times. Anyway, the dogs and I just got into a 5 lbs roast. And it tastes good!!!
Daaaaaamn, now I'm hungry!

Old 02-16-2010, 03:05 AM   #23
RichieRich

Pass the A-1 sauce!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:12 AM   #24
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Pass the A-1 sauce!
Oh no, A-1 would ruin it! It tastes good with just the salt, pepper, garlic, and onions I put on it! Although, I do love horseradish!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:17 AM   #25
RichieRich

Quote:
Oh no, A-1 would ruin it! It tastes good with just the salt, pepper, garlic, and onions I put on it! Although, I do love horseradish!!!
No A1 or Heinz 57?