Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,801
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Thumbs up * NASCAR * Right around the corner!

OK, we have Daytona right around the corner....We have a 4-peat champ....We have a BAD ASS GROUP OF DOMINANT CHEVY'S.....




Who WILL be the 2010 Cup Champ?



I'm thinking Hendrick will remain strong....I can ALWAYS HOPE JR will get his first....could bet on Jimmy again - him and Chad are the dream team....



But....After YEARS of supporting Dale Jr......I find myself going with someone who did GOOD in 2009, and has just a little attitude:























Regardless of the winner, I have one thing to say:


GO





We'll have to see which race I end up at this year - last year it was the SWELTERING MIS SPEEDWAY. Maybe a CHICAGOLAND CAMARO GATHERING is in store...???
CamaroScotty is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,648
The Daytona 500 is Sunday February 14. Same as Valentines Day. Best race of the year. Sorry honey!
__________________
BMR, CAI, DynoMax, Elite Eng., Hurst, Jannetty, Clear Image Headers & Hi Flow cats, Jet Hot, LSR, TSW, VMax, Vredestein
PAUL SS is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Wileytrigger21
 
Wileytrigger21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT / RS, Blk 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 405
Little Attitude????

ROFL...Tony's the king of Nascar attitude!!!!!!!
Wileytrigger21 is offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,378
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm going to bet that it will be a Roush driver that wins this year. I'd hoping for Jeff Gordon to win, though I wouldn't mind if Dale Jr or Tony Stewart won. I'm sick of seeing Jimmy win.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now  
Old 01-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
springerpete
Orange GM freak
 
springerpete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 3500HD
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ponca City, OK
Posts: 784
I've been a Tony Stewart fan for a long time. My favorite quote is "I'm going back to dirt track racing. They don't cry as much there." That was after Jeff Gordon tried to wreck Tony and Gordon got wrecked himself.
__________________
"My hair's turnin' White, my neck is still Red and my collar is still Blue"
springerpete is offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs
 
SSOOCH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Jordan, UT
Posts: 7,355
Earnhardt Jr. is still my Driver!
__________________
SSOOCH is offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR
 
"prima"Donna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT - VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 13,079
Talking I LOVE NASCAR ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY CAMARO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
OK, we have Daytona right around the corner....We have a 4-peat champ....We have a BAD ASS GROUP OF DOMINANT CHEVY'S.....




Who WILL be the 2010 Cup Champ?



I'm thinking Hendrick will remain strong....I can ALWAYS HOPE JR will get his first....could bet on Jimmy again - him and Chad are the dream team....



But....After YEARS of supporting Dale Jr......I find myself going with someone who did GOOD in 2009, and has just a little attitude:























Regardless of the winner, I have one thing to say:


GO





We'll have to see which race I end up at this year - last year it was the SWELTERING MIS SPEEDWAY. Maybe a CHICAGOLAND CAMARO GATHERING is in store...???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
The Daytona 500 is Sunday February 14. Same as Valentines Day. Best race of the year. Sorry honey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccd34 View Post
Little Attitude????

ROFL...Tony's the king of Nascar attitude!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm hoping for Jeff Gordon to win, though I wouldn't mind if Dale Jr or Tony Stewart won. I'm sick of seeing Jimmy win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Earnhardt Jr. is still my Driver!


MY FAVORITE DRIVER HAS ALWAYS BEEN #24 - JEFF GORDON!!!

However, I do love Dale Jr, and recently I have come to like and respect Tony Stewart...Tony has come a long way from a few yrs ago...I do believe that when he moved back home to Indiana AND became a team owner, he finally became happy and that makes him a better human being, IMHO...he already is a terrific driver...

Daytona is a little over 3 weeks away!!!!!!!...can spring be far behind??!!!

Go Jeff!!!...the 'Drive for 5 is still alive'!!!
__________________
~ HWAY STR 2 & HWAY STR ~
"prima"Donna is offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,378
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
MY FAVORITE DRIVER HAS ALWAYS BEEN #24 - JEFF GORDON!!!

However, I do love Dale Jr, and recently I have come to like and respect Tony Stewart...Tony has come a long way from a few yrs ago...I do believe that when he moved back home to Indiana AND became a team owner, he finally became happy and that makes him a better human being, IMHO...he already is a terrific driver...

Daytona is a little over 3 weeks away!!!!!!!...can spring be far behind??!!!

Go Jeff!!!...the 'Drive for 5 is still alive'!!!
My theory on Tony isn't that hes a team owner, or that he has a lot of help from Hendricks. Its that he's out of Toyotas. If you remember all his interviews from a couple years ago he was absolutely miserable but once he got back into a GM sponsored car he was his usual self.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now  
Old 01-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #9
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre
 
TheCaptain's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Moosomin, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 2,733
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Any car is good with me, but i'm a hardcore Jimmie Johnson #48, Team Lowe's Racing fan! Also, the rest of Hendrick's stable is well stacked, and the Stewart Haas would be also good in Vic lane.
__________________
TheCaptain is offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #10
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR
 
"prima"Donna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT - VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 13,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
My theory on Tony isn't that hes a team owner, or that he has a lot of help from Hendricks. Its that he's out of Toyotas. If you remember all his interviews from a couple years ago he was absolutely miserable but once he got back into a GM sponsored car he was his usual self.
TRUE!!!
__________________
~ HWAY STR 2 & HWAY STR ~
"prima"Donna is offline  
Old 01-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,378
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Nothing wrong with Mopars, rather see them win than Ford or Toyota. Kurt Bush on the other hand ...
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now  
Old 01-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 7,355
I'm going with Smoke, and always have since IRL..... I'm also thinking Harvic joining Stewart next year, he would be a good fit ......

Also looks like they dropped the bump drafting rules at the superspeedways ..... Also gave them bigger restrictor plates this year.... Should be interesting
__________________

Last edited by SlingShot; 01-22-2010 at 01:23 PM.
SlingShot is offline  
Old 01-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #13
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR
 
"prima"Donna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT - VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 13,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I'm going with Smoke, and always have since IRL..... I'm also thinking Harvick joining Stewart next year, he would be a good fit ......

Also looks like they dropped the bump drafting rules at the superspeedways ..... Also gave them bigger restrictor plates this year.... Should be interesting


I also recently heard that they are bringing back the old spoilers and getting rid of those rear 'wings'....
__________________
~ HWAY STR 2 & HWAY STR ~
"prima"Donna is offline  
Old 01-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,378
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I'm going with Smoke, and always have since IRL..... I'm also thinking Harvic joining Stewart next year, he would be a good fit ......

Also looks like they dropped the bump drafting rules at the superspeedways ..... Also gave them bigger restrictor plates this year.... Should be interesting
I am curious as to what those cars would actually run without restrictor plates. Obviously they can't really let them go pack racing at 230 mph on race day, but just as an experiment
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rusty Wallace Nascar & Grand Am Cup Driver @ TORQ's OPENING!! Meister@Torq USA - Southeast 0 11-06-2009 11:44 AM
Pedders Suspension Benchmark Track Testing and New Jersey Track Day Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - NY / NJ / PA 35 10-26-2009 05:20 PM
Why you reportedly won't be seeing Chevy's Camaro doing the NASCAR roundy-round The Dark Knight General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 1 08-05-2009 11:20 AM
3-Time NASCAR Champ Jimmie Johnson on the new Camaro & his Camaro giveaway! punkdrum01 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 24 03-04-2009 04:33 PM
GM executive wants NASCAR to go green Casull Off-topic Discussions 1 02-21-2007 08:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.