Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
RedHotRuby

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS LFX
Camaro 2014 LED lighting

Hey guys I haven't seen a post that was up to date on the LED lights. I have the blue lights running up the door. I installed LED's but they are too dark blue, thought I would like it but I don't. Anybody know a place that sells the whole kit for a decent price? I may change the LED in the door if I can't find this color blue. I checked out Gen5DIY and saw a foot well lighting kit for $49 bucks without a remote or different modes. That seems a high price plus $25 bucks for a switch. For $75 bucks, I feel like I should get a remote, different modes and maybe even different light colors.

I went over to AAC and found something there but the description is:

LED Interior Kit designed to match the factory AQUA colored lighting.

(THIS IS GOOD) but does it come with a switch? a remote? how long are the wires? Some description and they don't pick up their phone.

Kit Includes:
-(2) T10 5 LED 3 Chip "ABL" Colored Bulbs
-(2) 15" Long "ABL" Colored Footwell Strips

Bulbs are for the interior and trunk of the 2010 Camaro

Can anybody give me any advice on what they did to match the ambient light of the car and where they went to buy it?
RedHotRuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Gen5DIY
Old 07-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotRuby View Post
Hey guys I haven't seen a post that was up to date on the LED lights. I have the blue lights running up the door. I installed LED's but they are too dark blue, thought I would like it but I don't. Anybody know a place that sells the whole kit for a decent price? I may change the LED in the door if I can't find this color blue. I checked out Gen5DIY and saw a foot well lighting kit for $49 bucks without a remote or different modes. That seems a high price plus $25 bucks for a switch. For $75 bucks, I feel like I should get a remote, different modes and maybe even different light colors.

I went over to AAC and found something there but the description is:

LED Interior Kit designed to match the factory AQUA colored lighting.

(THIS IS GOOD) but does it come with a switch? a remote? how long are the wires? Some description and they don't pick up their phone.

Kit Includes:
-(2) T10 5 LED 3 Chip "ABL" Colored Bulbs
-(2) 15" Long "ABL" Colored Footwell Strips

Bulbs are for the interior and trunk of the 2010 Camaro

Can anybody give me any advice on what they did to match the ambient light of the car and where they went to buy it?
You get what you pay for in both kits, one comes with a harness that you t-tap to any power supply, and uses OEM connecters, and you can add a switch to it so you have ultimate control over.

The second one is a per of LED strips and a set of T-10 bulbs, you have to wire it, as you see fit.

So now what do you want to do, both dont come with a remote, only need for a remote is if its RGB colors.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
RedHotRuby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
You get what you pay for in both kits, one comes with a harness that you t-tap to any power supply, and uses OEM connecters, and you can add a switch to it so you have ultimate control over.

The second one is a per of LED strips and a set of T-10 bulbs, you have to wire it, as you see fit.

So now what do you want to do, both dont come with a remote, only need for a remote is if its RGB colors.
Yeah I hear you, you get what you pay but I bought my current set off Amazon for like 30 bucks, it has 4 strips (front and back) remote and several modes so I figured maybe I just wasn't finding it on the site. I just want the same kind of deal but in a lighter color blue. Maybe that doesn't exist. No offense to you guys, I'm sure you sell a quality product.
Old Yesterday, 12:34 AM   #5
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

I here you, but they dont make that kit at this time in Ice blue(OEM Blue)

Last edited by 2SSRS@Gen5diy; Yesterday at 08:40 AM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #6
sjmautoprod

Drives: '10 1LT
I'm not clear on what you are looking for. See our interior post here and let us know if there is a fit...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146279

sjmautoprod.com • info@sjmautoprod.com • Google+ • Facebook • IRC Chat
Online ordering now available!
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM   #7
slakjak1215

Drives: 2014 1LS
Quote:
I here you, bot they dont make that kit at this time in Ice blue(OEM Blue)
Are you talking about the kits you sell are not in Ice Blue?
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #8
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakjak1215 View Post
Are you talking about the kits you sell are not in Ice Blue?
I meant the ones on Amazon
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM   #9
slakjak1215

Well you guys don't sell the Ice blue kits either I don't think. I just bought the footwell kit and it was dark blue but the dome lights were ice blue.
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM   #10
sjmautoprod

Drives: '10 1LT
Ice blue strips are not available from anyone at this point. You can do an RGB kit and set it to match, or, we have made ice blue footwell accent lights using actual, GM, ice blue LEDs for people.

sjmautoprod.com • info@sjmautoprod.com • Google+ • Facebook • IRC Chat
Online ordering now available!
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM   #11
Diode Dynamics
Camaro Lighting Experts

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
If you are looking for footwell lighting, and other LED strips, our RGB multicolor lighting can be controlled with a remote and match the OEM lighting colors

Our "blue" LED replacement bulbs will indeed be a darker blue than the factory GM blue FWIW.

Nick C.

Lighting/ Acrylic / Angel Eyes
Your Source For Camaro Lighting and Acrylic
We have the LOWEST PRICES around... check us out! > www.diodedynamics.com
(314) 205-3033
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM   #12
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakjak1215 View Post
Well you guys don't sell the Ice blue kits either I don't think. I just bought the footwell kit and it was dark blue but the dome lights were ice blue.
We put in an order for the same color as the dome light,when we get it will post a for sale thread. (30 days out)
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #13
slakjak1215

Quote:
We put in an order for the same color as the dome light,when we get it will post a for sale thread. (30 days out)
Well that's good, but when I bought mine and asked one of your sales guys on the chat, they assured me they were both the same color. But it's fine I like the contrast now lol
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #14
RedHotRuby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmautoprod View Post
I'm not clear on what you are looking for. See our interior post here and let us know if there is a fit...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146279
Sorry I didn't make it clear. I am looking for a kit to match the blue lights in the doors. The kit should have footwell lights for the front and back. I read the color is referred to as ABL? Not sure. Maybe I will have to see what the hell the RGB lights are so I can match them to the color. This seems so simple but it's not easy to find as I've read others say the special blue colors don't even match. I'd also like a switch or a remote but that might be too much to ask for as well? I'm not sure. If the kit includes the dome and the trunk light all the better. I bought some cheap LED's off Amazon, now that was easy but off course they didn't match the blues in the door or the dashboard blues, everything is kinda Aqua.

By kit I mean I need everything attached, like the wires to the bulbs with a fuse wired in and if possible a remote or controller. Multiple modes? Sure, Multiple colors? Sure. I'll include pics of what I bought and everything is nice and included for a simple price of 30 bucks. Now I understand I may have to pay more for quailty as pointed out by DIY and willing to buy for the whole kit and right color. Easy install from a dealer who supports the site. I'm no electrician lol. Anyway thanks for the response.

And to the others that responded, thanks I'll go check out your stuff.
Attached Images