Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:45 AM   #1
senrab2000us

Drives: 2013 Silver Camaro
Grill Lights

Hey guys, I've seen some pics of Camaros with lights in the grille, illuminating the whole thing. My question is, what's a cheap source for lights, exactly where are they put, and what's a good color to complement a dark red Camaro? I know red is hard....
Thanks
Sarah
senrab2000us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #2
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by senrab2000us View Post
Hey guys, I've seen some pics of Camaros with lights in the grille, illuminating the whole thing. My question is, what's a cheap source for lights, exactly where are they put, and what's a good color to complement a dark red Camaro? I know red is hard....
Thanks
Sarah
Hey Sarah, There's alot of choices here to choose from. The 1st time I put a grill light in I double back taped it to the top inside the front bumper. I bought it at Auto Zone for $ 60.00 . It was ok, you could see it at night , and it was like a scanner bar. But I knew I wanted more. Also I bought a set of six tubes from LED Glow & had them in the Engine Bay a lot of people really liked them , I only paid $ 46.00 for the set. I also had a set of sto be lights from Auto Zone..As myself I really didn't do much at night so these worked out great and I didn't spend alot of money on the..

So moving forward and to answer your ? I am redoing the whole light set up. And I wanted more.

1st thing is I wanted killer Grill lights so back to LED Glow , I boughttp:// the advanced 3 million color underbodynamic set with 2 grill lights . Which I will mount one on top of the crash bar facing up and the other on the bottom of the crash bar facing down. This way both grills are lit up. And along withe the Underbody kit ,they will do alot of patterns ,like chase, fade and much more. Here's a video to check out.

Web site ,,, http://www.ledunderbody.com

Then for the Engine Bay I went with Diode Dynamics ,
IM doing 8 strips of 20 inch SMD leds RBG. They run off a small controler. The can fade from red,blue,green. Flash and strobe . Nice set up low profile to hide .again great cut omer service and product.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/

I will also be adding on interior lights by led glow.

You can find so many different lights , just try to find a good company.

Good luck & make it shine. Lol

And for color go with Red.... I have a Synergy Green camaro & I love the green lights..
Old 01-19-2015, 11:28 PM   #3
Rjizzle10

Drives: '13 Hot Wheels SS
You can get fairly cheap and good quality lights from aaclighting.com also known as oracle. They sell their grill kits and all that but what I recommend doing is buying the custom led strips for a lot cheaper.
Rjizzle10 is offline   Reply With Quote