Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #358
renke
IN10ZRS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2LT RS #39698
Like white stripes!

Attached Images

Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #359
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Here are my Reverse Rally Stripes (or so they call them), I like them, a little different from the norm.
Attached Images

SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust / Magnaflow Resonated X pipe / 22 Inch AAC Dynamic Scanner / Reverse Rally Stripes / LS badges (emblempros.com) / Gill Decals / Flat Black SS Rims / SS Rear Diffuser / Flat Black Spoiler / Heritage Grill / Custom Painted Tail Light Bezels / Custom Painted Engine Cover / Plati Dipped Trunk Lid

SGTMiller278CAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #360
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTMiller278CAV View Post
Here are my Reverse Rally Stripes (or so they call them), I like them, a little different from the norm.
Ok, now THIS is a new one! Not sure if I like it, but I like that it's different. Gotta give ya props for that....very interesting. How'd you come up with this idea??

Did you do the trunk too?
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears

Last edited by AquaRSSS; 11-17-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: more info
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #361
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

it's actually supposed to resemble the the T3 bumblebee stripes just with an added lip around the outside of the stripes and not gloss black. I haven't done the trunk yet, waiting on my spoiler (have an LS). but once I get the spoiler It will follow the same lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
Ok, now THIS is a new one! Not sure if I like it, but I like that it's different. Gotta give ya props for that....very interesting. How'd you come up with this idea??

SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust / Magnaflow Resonated X pipe / 22 Inch AAC Dynamic Scanner / Reverse Rally Stripes / LS badges (emblempros.com) / Gill Decals / Flat Black SS Rims / SS Rear Diffuser / Flat Black Spoiler / Heritage Grill / Custom Painted Tail Light Bezels / Custom Painted Engine Cover / Plati Dipped Trunk Lid

Old 11-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #362
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post

here is kind of a comparison.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #363
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTMiller278CAV View Post
here is kind of a comparison.
Pretty cool!
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:39 AM   #364
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Just thought I'd throw this into the mix for stripe ideas...because it is getting so difficult to be different now.

XPEL Stealth Paint Protection Film, matte finish. Had X-Pert Tint in Houston cover the raised cowl section of the hood and also do a stripe down the roof in the reverse mohawk section.

I need to get pictures in different lighting conditions to show how this looks. Sometimes, it's in your face obvious, and other times, it's very subtle and barely visible depending on where you are standing. I like it!
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #365
SilvrRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Just thought I'd throw this into the mix for stripe ideas...because it is getting so difficult to be different now.

XPEL Stealth Paint Protection Film, matte finish. Had X-Pert Tint in Houston cover the raised cowl section of the hood and also do a stripe down the roof in the reverse mohawk section.

I need to get pictures in different lighting conditions to show how this looks. Sometimes, it's in your face obvious, and other times, it's very subtle and barely visible depending on where you are standing. I like it!
Nice!! So if you wrap your entire car in that not only would you protect your paint but you could get a matte finish in any color!
SilvrRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #366
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrRS View Post

Nice!! So if you wrap your entire car in that not only would you protect your paint but you could get a matte finish in any color!
Yep. Wouldn't be cheap unless you bought the material directly from XPEL and did it yourself. If you went that route, I'd highly suggest buying it by the roll instead of by the foot.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #367
tBowBaggins
2011 Camaro SS1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS1
Does anyone have shots of matte black transformer 3 stripes on black. I think that's what I'm doing this winter
tBowBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #368
carlo71

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I will have pics of my fresh painted stripes on Friday after thx-giving!!! I havent seen it in the 15 pages yet.... 2011 Black SS with Synergy Green painted Factory Style Stripes.. Stay tuned!! Painter says it looks beautiful!! Cant wait!
carlo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #369
jlauber588

Drives: 2010 camaro
Mine. Look familiar?

Had mine for 2 yrs now gm uses it on the redline concept.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
jlauber588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #370
carlo71

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Here are some early pictures ( still at the body shop ) from my phone with the new Synergy Green Stripes on my SS: I will take better pictures after it is color sanded and buffed and outside in the sun!!

carlo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #371
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Mine are red hood spears and side stripes from Auto Trim Design.
Attached Images

Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #372
igotswag

Drives: 2010 SS
does anyone make i guess you'd call them "rally stripe extension decals"? theyd go on the backside of the rear spoiler and go on down and extend to cover the top of the headlight area (like GM shouldve done to begin with)

i already have the stock "incomplete" imo rally stripes, and just wanting to finish them like they should have been:(
Old 11-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #373
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post

That is different, kind of like a ghost stripe. good idea

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #374
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Thanks!