Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #576
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro

Drives: 2LT/RS 45th 2012 Limited Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
I'm honored you like my design. PM xVengeancex28 (Chris) and ask him to do it. He is our PS guy.
I love your strip design ... I really like the carbon fiber wrap element you added ...
So many Camaros so little time
Gee if I hit the big one ... going to have one for each day of the week-wouldn't that be wild!!
got adrenalin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #577
CustomCarWorx

Drives: 2013 THR ZL1 Black Vert
Fantastic photos guys! Can anyone photoshop grand sport stripes on a black ZL 1 vert for me? Preferably the golden yellow from Bumblebee (house of color) or silver metallic.

Thanks
Gt
Old 10-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #578
tjk_art

Drives: 2010 CGM w/ black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
MARTIN strieps

~\~
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #579
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by got adrenalin? View Post
I love your strip design ... I really like the carbon fiber wrap element you added ...
So many Camaros so little time
Gee if I hit the big one ... going to have one for each day of the week-wouldn't that be wild!!
Thank you.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #580
droptopLT2

Drives: 2012 LT2 convertible
are those orange stripes stickers or painted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Here's factory (dealer installed) IO rally stripes. I had the dealer leave them off the rear spoiler just to be a little different.
as the title asks, are these orange stripes stickers or are they painted?
droptopLT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #581
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
COPO Stripes/spears from Big Worm

Just installed these yesterday on my CGM 1SS:

Big Worm's brand new COPO stripe package in red.

Great product, love the way the red pops against my CGM. This was my first time installing vinyl, definitely pleased with the outcome.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #582
Leem12

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro (RS)
Halo kit installation

I want to get this JDP halo kit installed but my dealership will not do it if it is not a GM product. Where else could I go and if i do get it done, will it void my warranty?
Leem12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #583
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem12 View Post
I want to get this JDP halo kit installed but my dealership will not do it if it is not a GM product. Where else could I go and if i do get it done, will it void my warranty?
.....Try asking this question in the correct thread.

This thread is for Camaro Stripes.....not halo installs
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #584
bigwormgraphix

Drives: 1991 Z28 & 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
So I have used bigworm for my full light tint kit. Was awesome. Then i went a ordered the side gills and well, not so awesome. Instal of these of course aren't on a video on there page so I right there questioned how easy this really would be. Well. It was a pain. They got all stretched out. Supposedly. Although seems as if few we're not cut right. See with there instal instructions and back and forth emails. I was told to wet down leave top paper on for 30 min to an hour. Well problem. How the heck can I line up gills when you cant fully see through the paper layer ledt on. Oh and by the way I got the number 2 style. The gills were so hard to line up. And one mis alignment and try to pull up even with a lot of water. They stretch. I think they stretch when you just pull off the decal from hard bottom paper. Wife says cant tell but I can. I got a 40000 $ car and not about to ruin the look with a 29.99 crap add on. Bigworm of course after saying I had issues. No response. Except they are all shipped right size. Oh p.s. you have to cut each gill off the paper as well. Not a good product. Sorry bigworm. I asked for help and you said it was easy that you guys just didn't have time for instal video for gills. Lol really I mean I see all the other videos. Folks there is a reason why. Would never buy again. Now looking for a quality product for my side gills. Just spreading the word so another poor soul doesn't waste there 30 bucs
Based on your above comments, we have changed the way we sell gills. We are now including 2 sets of gills with every order, so you have a set to practice on. If you would like to try the install again, PM the name your order was under I can send you another set.

To address your remarks above: we don't have an install video for gills because the guy in our videos is also a professional muscian so he stays busy in the music business. We plan videos based on customer requests, you are the first person to request a gill video. We do provide written instructions and will answer any questions you have thru phone or email (817-448-9741 or bigworm90@gmail.com). The phone is answered during our business hours and we respond to emails received after regular hours. We have been selling our gills since 2009 and overall customers have very few problems installing them.
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #585
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Metallic 2SS RS
FREE RALLY STRIPES... with a catch....
Okay, tired of looking, cannot find one.....

I need a vector art template for our OEM rally stripes, you get one for me, and I cut you a set of rally stripes using 3M Vehicle Vinyl. Choice of a variety of colors that we have in stock at work.

Maybe we even split the shipping....

Anyone interested???

Oh yeah, offer good only for 1st successful entry... :-)

2013 CRT 2SS RS – Heritage Grille, CAI, ZL1 Style Splitter, Chrome OEM Wheels.
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #586
autoguy

Drives: 80Z, 94Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Ca
Why not create one yourself like all the other PAYING VENDORS here do.......
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #587
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Why not create one yourself like all the other PAYING VENDORS here do.......
Ya know Ryder, you are a nasty one...

If I had something to go by, I could, but I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if I don't have to. I want one set, no desire to sell them (therefore your vendor remark does not come into this), you guys can have that responsibility. Just want to cut my own.

Guaranteed, I will not buy from you if it comes to that.

I know that won't bother you, your kind never cares.

Jim

Old 12-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #588
autoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
Ya know Ryder, you are a nasty one...

If I had something to go by, I could, but I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if I don't have to. I want one set, no desire to sell them (therefore your vendor remark does not come into this), you guys can have that responsibility. Just want to cut my own.

Guaranteed, I will not buy from you if it comes to that.

I know that won't bother you, your kind never cares.

Jim
Really Jym, why is that being nasty? Everyone else takes the time to develop their own patterns and cut files, and you come in and think someone is just going to give it away?

You say you have no desire to sell them, but no desire to pay for them either. If someone has the file to send you, why would they need you to cut them a "Free" set of stripes? Just like all the others that try to jump on the bandwagon without paying to become a vendor, let everyone know your ability to cut and supply stripes, then fly under the radar selling to people without paying to support the site. And no I don't care when someone pays no respect to someone elses time or products and wants to take the easy/cheap way out.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #589
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Really Jym, why is that being nasty? Everyone else takes the time to develop their own patterns and cut files, and you come in and think someone is just going to give it away?

You say you have no desire to sell them, but no desire to pay for them either. If someone has the file to send you, why would they need you to cut them a "Free" set of stripes? Just like all the others that try to jump on the bandwagon without paying to become a vendor, let everyone know your ability to cut and supply stripes, then fly under the radar selling to people without paying to support the site. And no I don't care when someone pays no respect to someone elses time or products and wants to take the easy/cheap way out.
No, I would be paying for the template with the materials to cut someone a set. Maybe, just maybe, someone doesn't mind helping someone out. Maybe, just maybe, someone found a template online where I couldn't and can't cut their own. Plenty of people get advice and such on installs without the mechanics online complaining.

I care about your time and products, but I have no desire to sell them, I have too many other things to do, and do not want the hassles and responsibility of selling them. I read the thread from the guy that you wouldn't refund when he claims your product was defective. I don't need or want that hassle.

If I planned on selling them, yes it would be worth drawing the templates, and wasting umpteen yards of vinyl and time testing them. I DO know what is involved. I do appreciate that. I want the ability to cut my own, and not have to worry about driving around with one stripe on and the other missing while I wait for another one to be cut and shipped. I DO know that if installed wrong I would be unhappy with it and have to have another piece.

Ryder, I do not want your business, nor any other vendors on here, I work in printing, and you don't see me trying to peddle anything on here.

I was just hoping to be able to get a template, cut my own at my leisure, Install at my leisure, and be able to re-cut my screw-ups if I have any.

If it made anyone feel any better I'd even sign a statement to such.

I wish you luck in your business, but remember, you catch more flies with honey that vinegar. Look for the gray areas in peoples requests. Not everyone is out to screw you.

Jim

Old 12-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #590
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Bigworm email sent. Appreciate the offer to fix the issue. Look forward to new set of gills.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #591
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Like to update that bigworm has been in contact with me to fix issues and now seems also has updated gills to more in order. Thanks big worm. Awesome to see someone on this forum stand behind there products. Awesome tint kit guys and when I et gills reinstalled I'm sure will have same to say for that.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #592
km9v

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
Does anybody have pics of a silver SS w/ black bumper to bumper rally stripes?

Something like this configuration:
km9v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #593
Mrchop

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Best stripes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alssiri View Post
Love these styles

Ahmad

This has to be my favroite.
Mrchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #594
Mrchop

Nice Ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laditee View Post
My stripe
Nice Ride.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #595
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
A lot of nice combos out there!!! I plan to redo mine and widen them.

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #596
Mrchop

Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live4redline View Post
My Matte Black stripes with red outline on my black ss

Where did you get your stripes?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #597
Duke1

Drives: 2013 Camero 2LT RS
Chevy Camaro THIN Side Vents Fender Gills Decals 2010 201...

Where is the best place to buy Chevy Camaro THIN Side Vents Fender Gills Decals? Are there different types? If yes, what type is the best to buy? Also, what should they cost?
Duke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #598
autoguy

http://www.ridergraphix.com/2010_Cam...Blackout2.html

Old 12-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #599
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Anyone have Charcoal Metallic OEM stripes on a Silver Ice?

Pics if you do.

Thanks,

Jim

Old 01-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #600
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Convertible L99
Custom Stripes?

Ok, I think I browsed every stripe picture here and I have not seen any like mine. So I am assuming they are custom. I will get some actual pictures up to replace these once its nice out and my ride is washed and pretty. But for now these will have to do until the weather gets better.

Front - brought it home in the rain. First day at it's new home!

Picture of the front from the dealers. And the only picture I have yet of the car topless!

Close pic of the hood while its up.

Hood and Trunk.

Rear quarter stripes. I may replace this with something chromed .. not sure yet.

Intake accent.
AbsoluteMayheM is offline   Reply With Quote