Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
TITAN MOTORSPORTS POOR SERVICE

Just thought I would make a mark here on Titan Motorsports. Here we go. Truthfull as I promised.

I bought a set of 2k lexani lx15's from them and other than a backorder which was not their fault and I knew about up front the service was great.

When contacting Nikki C. I informed her that I was in need for some lug nuts that would fit my SS and work with these wheels. I wanted black and she had no black so I agreed to chrome no biggie. She contacts the manufacture to assure fitment and compatability with my wheels that I ordered from them. They drop shipped the lug nuts to me and I took the wheels and tires and lugs to a certified install shop. I told him the torque specs were 140 as I gathered from the forum. He recommended for the sake of the aftermarket wheel that I stay around 100 atleast until I put 70-80 miles on them and then retorque to specs. Well after 2 hours of waiting on my tires to be placed on my wheels he put the wheels on and then the lugs torqueing them to 100ftlbs. He told me that the lugs were all on by that when tightning the 2nd to last one it broke which raised concerns. I was pissed at them at that point and then after taking them off one by one we realized the lugs were to shallow and that they were torqueing down and tightning the wheel but were at the end of the lug and pressing them outward. Multiple lugs were cracked with the fake chrome pilling off and 1 broke which I have pictured on the forum in another thread. I simply sent nikki an email and reported that these did not fit. She said send um back for a refund. I figured since she gauranteed them to work she just felt bad they didnt and there would be no issues. Was I ever wrong. When she received them I was told that
1: They were not packaged correctly because I just put them in a flat rate box with some stuffing because they were already messed up and cracked and ruined and because of the damage they could not be reused and that no refund could be made. When I told them they were F* up before I put them in the box they immediatly responded with.
2. The threads are striped and you tightend them down to hard there wasnt even enough threads to tighten them as they needed and I get accused of over tightning. She gaurenteed them to fit how was I to know without putting them on that they were gonna crack when torqueing them 40ftlbs below factory specs?
3. They said that their policy is a 20% restocking fee and the parts must be reusable once returned so does this mean they sell a bunch of returned parts? Problem is I never received a copy of a policy or was told the part of being reusable. I just assumed that since they were gauranteed to fit they would work and that since they were not correct and of poor quality anyway that they would gladly refund my money in regards to their error.

After multiple emails I remain to blame and they keep saying they are trying to make me "the customer" happy. Right. I told them I bought 2k wheels from them and had my eye on buying an edelbrock supercharger from them because I had a good experiance the first time with the wheels but when I spent that and got shit about some 50 dollar lug nut refund I thought that was poor since I had purchased an expensive set of wheels. So instead of awarding me a refund they offer to give me 50 dollars off the purchase of the supercharger and then an extra discount for being a loyal customer. LOL so now I am a loyal customer all of the sudden if I agree to buy a 6500 supercharger with my 50 dollars they owe me off of the price. LOL They would gladely give me my money toward a future 6500 dollar purchase that insured them my business again. This was all after I had threatend to make a post on here and not referring people to them so it was a good offer to keep my mouth shut as well. When I told them that I did not plan on s/c purchase for 3 more months and that this issue needed to be solved and not taken care of 3 months from now they appologized and said even though I wasnt ready to purchase the supercharger now " we will honor this at a later date for you" lol I told them just to send the lug nuts back to me so I can throw them away since I owned them apparently and they did not respond but I wouldnt be surprised if they try to charge me return shipping haha. To me and most people its $50 bucks big deal but it could have been my 2k wheels or my 6500 supercharger and with this attitude and incorrect means to please a customer I highly recommend no one purchase from them due to the customer service alone and restocking fees and lack of them informing you upfront of the full details of returning items. I can however say when I ordered my wheels they did tell me they will fit 100% but if some odd chance they would not there would be a 20% restocking fee!!! That was scary enough but atleast they fit!
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Nitto 555R@25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
jsharp

Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Nitto 555R@25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
Old 02-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
jsharp

They look to be way to short I have never had a lug crack but to look this bad was hard to stomach especially with only 100ftlbs. I am just glad we caught it I mean my wheel could have fell off and cause injury or damage to me and the car.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
jsharp

Oh and instant appologies for spelling and grammer you know how it is when your angry lol
Old 02-19-2010, 01:35 AM   #5
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Chrome is a plating, it wasn't necessarily cheap, it will flake if the metal is stressed.
Aside from that, they guaranteed fitment and they didn't fit, is there a Titan rep on C5 that would like to chime in here?
140 Ft. Lbs. sounds kinda high, is that really spec?

Did your studs fare better than the nuts? No stripped studs?

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Old 02-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
ouch...

I will make sure to mark them off my list!!
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #7
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Old 02-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #8
ajjones44

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
ouch...

I will make sure to mark them off my list!!
I wouldn't jump the gun to quick to wite them off. I have done some research and it seems that they have a very good track record when dealing with customers. The only complaints I found were do to orders being dropped when they changed their location. All those issues were resolved and we should give them the opportunity to resolve this issue. There are vendors on this site with past issues that would put this to shame. Lets be patient and see what happens.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #9
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Personally I think what has happened has happened. This is a classic example of vendors not taking responsibility for customer service. It boils down to you told me it will fit and it doesnt. Mistakes happen but how you deal with those mistakes defines you as a valued reputable vendor. In this case a lug that doesnt seat all that way and cracks is a huge mistake. I dont fault you for the mistake since I dont know the scenario on how you made the recommendation, it may have been out of your control. But I do fault you on the run around of how you handle the situation, the run aournd and the back and forth crap. One simple phone call or email could have easily solve the situation.

Cheers
K
Old 02-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #10
jsharp

I am sure they have handle many customer service issues as most do but if you cant solve them all expect some to tell others about it. They sent me an email this am that I am to receive a refund now. Its sad I had to take these measures to get one after multiple emails to try to resolve it. I will keep everyone updated. As far as the torque specs lets make sure everyone understands that the 140ftlbs was not EVER applied to these as they were cracked at 100ftlbs. My new DEEPER lugs I bought from ebay tighten down to 140ftlbs and feel secure. No my studs were not stripped as I found odd since the ones I sent back were stripped so bad lol. Gotta get my $50 bucks back so I can buy some stuff from Adams Polishes!!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #11
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Glad to hear they're making it right

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Old 02-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Personally knowing Titan VERY well, they are a stand up company and always do what is right. Sometimes things happen when getting items. Glad to see they worked it out. Sometimes its best to try via phone a few times prior to posting to give the companies a chance.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #13
TitanMotorsports

Drives: ProStock
Thanks for the post, I was involved and talked with Nikki about this throughout the process.

There was a lot of threats in the emails regarding you are going to post a bad experience thread on the forums. We stated some things to try and resolve them and even offered a better discount on next purchases to try and make it up to you.
You also stated if we gave the refund you would not post on the forums, we gave the refund because we thought it was the right thing to do. Now you post bad stuff about Titan Motorsports even though you said if refund is done you wont.

We are a stand up company and I think we tried to do everything to make it right, offering an extra discount to try and make it right on the next order, giving the refund and all.

By the way even though you still posted bad stuff about us, please give me a call on your next order and I will still give that discount. Because Titan stands behind what we say.

if you want to contact me regarding this issue my phone # is 407-277-8423 x224 I am even answering calls tonight from home if you want to call me tonight.

Bottle
Old 02-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #14
TitanMotorsports

Drives: ProStock
Also FYI we refunded the full amount on two different transactions as well. As we thought it was right. Nikki did a great job as an advocate for the consumer on this.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #15
jsharp

I am glad you guys finally realized it. I was totally happy with the service prior to this issue. Truth was I didnt want future purchase discount for this issue. I needed my money back. And as you claim that I made threats for posting bad things you also were blaming me in the emails for your error and I didnt just come out and threaten until I was told twice that there would be no refund for unusable items. I have emails but wont go there. I still have not received a refund on my account I have looked 4-5 times today and still none. It doesnt mean it wont be there tommorow or w/e but it didnt show today. As far as future discount I appreciate the offer but it only makes me look like the ass in this situation. I agreed not to post but I made the post after hearing nothing back I posted it that night and it was from mario on another thread that told me he overheard that they were going to refund me but no one informed me of the situation. I appologize it had to be this way. I am not this kind of person either but I dont take getting blamed well at all. Like I said I spent 2k with you guys on wheels and had no problems and that is why I returned service and intended to in the future. As I stated above I will keep an eye out for the refund and once everything is complete then you will be considered a good "stand up" company in my book as well as the others that currently support you. Dont look at all this as a bad thing all this shows is an issue and how quickly you make it right. That makes you look good and me bad actually lol.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #16
jsharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Personally knowing Titan VERY well, they are a stand up company and always do what is right. Sometimes things happen when getting items. Glad to see they worked it out. Sometimes its best to try via phone a few times prior to posting to give the companies a chance.
May sound cheesy but I care for elderly at a nursing home and it would not have been appropriate to call and have this discussion on the phone as I could see where it was going. Also just as a back up excuse I am not this type of person and would have been a pushover on the phone and ended up with nothing because there was not offers made until I bitched before that I was just expected to say no refund... ok thanks. And that is honestly what I would have done on the phone. So I got dirty in the emails to hide behind my conscious and look what it got me lol a refund. But I gave them numerous emails and time to update me and make it right I assumed after 5 hours of no further contact they were just going to send them back and that would be it. lol
Old 02-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #17
jsharp

I know this all makes me look like an ass more and more. But I think this is also a good lifes example to show what the world has come to and what it takes sometimes lol
Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #18
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
May sound cheesy but I care for elderly at a nursing home and it would not have been appropriate to call and have this discussion on the phone as I could see where it was going. Also just as a back up excuse I am not this type of person and would have been a pushover on the phone and ended up with nothing because there was not offers made until I bitched before that I was just expected to say no refund... ok thanks. And that is honestly what I would have done on the phone. So I got dirty in the emails to hide behind my conscious and look what it got me lol a refund. But I gave them numerous emails and time to update me and make it right I assumed after 5 hours of no further contact they were just going to send them back and that would be it. lol
They are there from 9am to 8pm every night of the week. I am sure you would have had off time to call them and/or stepped away.

I work with multi-million dollar accounts for UPS and I know what it takes for customer service. Sometimes it does take a lot of emails/phone calls but if your not getting anywhere you should always ask for the owner to help resolve the issue.

Sometimes even with emails do not convey the message nor is 5 hours without contact justify the time frame to feel nothing will be done IMO.

But, glad it all worked out and BTW, it takes banks 48h to 72h to reconcile..

Last edited by Indpowr; 02-19-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Closed Thread