Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Old 02-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Bowtie Junkman

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Question regarding climate controls ...

Hello again ...

I had this posted in another area, but never quite got my answer ... so I thought I'd rely on my Cali brothers and sisters for a little help ...

On my heater - A/C controls ..... I ALWAYS have a light on somewhere on the left or right dials ... ?????

On the right side ... the A/C button, rear window defroster and the recirculation button are all OK ... push once to turn on, the orange lite comes on, push twice to turn off, the lite goes out. But if I push the windshield defogger button (right dial, top button), the light comes on ... but I can push it from now til next week and it doesn't turn off!

Now the only way I can get it to turn off is by pushing a button on the left dial ... which as we know selects the direction of the airflow. The blue lite comes on with the corresponding button you push, and the windshield defogger lite will then go out over on the right side. But I can't find ANY position where all the lites on the control panel are ALL off! Even if the fan speed controller is turned all the way to the left (the circle that shows OFF) ... there is ALWAYS either a blue lite over on the left side or an orange light over on the right side that stays lit ...

Sorry if this sounds confusing .... but I've never had a car where the climate controls don't actually ever completely turn off! And I'm starting to wonder if it is just my car ....

Thanks in advance !
Bowtie Junkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
This is functioning as intended. Ever encounter conditions where even if you put the defogger on the windshield doesn't clear? It generally is in high humidity conditions. If you turn on the A/C in that situation the windshield clears. So many newer cars just add the A/C automatically when you put the defogger on. My Nissan does it. My Jeep does it. My Enclave does it and so does my Camaro. I hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
I haven't spent any time on this cuz I like airflow inside the car. But I don't think you can achieve what you want and have everything "unlit".
Old 02-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
That blue light is just indicating what setting you're on...same as on an older car where you would turn a dial to "point" at the face, feet/face, feet, defrost, defrost/feet. Perfectly normal.