Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
13F20
 
Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA, soon to be KS.
Posts: 675
More power for LS3

Want more power for your LS3?*



The three new engines – the LS3 6.2L, LS376/480, and the LS376/520 – continue the LS tradition of breaking new ground for efficiency and performance from a pushrod platform engine. The LS3 kicks out 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque. This is a complete engine with fuel rails and injectors, down to the oil pan. If you want a little more power the LS 376/480 is an LS3 with an upgraded camshaft that ups power by a whopping 50 horsepower! This is a complete engine also. You say you want an old school look,but you would like newest engine out, The LS 376/520 is equipped with an aggressive camshaft and GM Performance Parts' exclusive carbureted intake manifold. That's two simple upgrades that add up to 520 horsepower – a 90 horsepower bump over the stock LS3.


http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vem...tte/index.html) revealed that, in addition to being an impressive performer in stock form, Chevy's new LS3engine also responds enthusiastically to basic horsepower modifications. But whereas there are numerous aftermarket parts available for the long-running LS1 and LS2 power plants, the LS3's more-recent introduction means there are comparatively few bolt-ones out there for the '08 Vette.
Fortunately for the truly speed-addicted, there's ProCharger (www.procharger.com), the first manufacturer to market a supercharger kit engineered exclusively for the LS3-powered model. According to ProCharger Marketing Director Jeff Lacina, the company’s new H.O. Intercooled system includes everything required to turn a 430hpstocker into a 620hp whiplash warrior.
"The ProCharger system provides a 40-45 percent horsepower gain, with just 5-6 psi of boost, on a stock LS3 engine running pump gas. Additionally, the ProCharger features the industry's most effective and highest-flowing intercooler system, thus providing the engine with the coolest charge-air temperatures for maximum performance and longevity, “he said.

ProCharger's H.O. intercooled supercharger system comes with detailed instructions and everything needed for a clean, hassle-free installation. Production systems will include a handheld ECM re-programmer loaded with custom, application-specific tuning.
We already had a more-than-passing familiarity with ProCharger'sindustry-acclaimed products for the C5 and C6. Indeed, a quick review of the last two years of VETTE turned up numerous high-output feature cars using ProCharger blower kits, along with a pair of exclusive, "first look" tech articles on the company's latest supercharger offerings. With this kind of exposure, it's little wonder that ProCharger systems represent the most popular form of artificial aspiration currently available for EFI Corvettes.
ProCharger's first complete Corvette system, for L98-powered models, was released in early 1996, followed by an LT1 kit in 1997, and systems forth C5 and C6 in 2001 and 2005, respectively. "Developing a supercharger for the LS3 Corvette was a natural progression of ProCharger's design philosophy and its reputation for producing reliable horsepower with the earlier LS1, LS2, and LS7 cars," Lacina explained. "AProCharger-equipped LS3 Corvette represents an outstanding performance value when compared with a stock Z06."
Sold on the promise of 150 extra hp at the rear wheels, we decided to orchestrate the country's first installation and dyno test of ProCharger's newest Corvette blower system.
The complete install took less than a day and required no permanent modifications to the body or powertrain. As for the results, well, suffice it to say that justifying that '09 ZR1 purchase just got much more difficult.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by 13F20; 09-09-2008 at 08:43 PM.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
sinnerSS
 
sinnerSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 mazda rx8
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 40
yes......who doesnt. what you got?
__________________
beware the fury of a patient man!
sinnerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,311
Cap'n Kirk-"We need.......more.......power, Scotty!"
Scotty- "I'ma givner all she kn take capn! She cannu take enny more!"
Had to do it, sorry
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Great Racing Quotes

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
Captainbob
 
Drives: 69 Z28, 71 vette,01 ZO6,GT500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 50
Now finally some good solid bolt on hp.. Those power curves look good, can someone get the A/F ratio from that same dyno? Whats the cost of the procharger kit? Whats temp mods are they talking about to make the install? Thats real power.. Now where talkin!! Thanks 13f20!
__________________
Previous cars: 65 GTO, 69 Z28, 73 vette,
84 vette, 01 SS Camaro, 01 ZO6, 07 Shelby GT500.. 10.97 @ 128mph
1st in line for a new SS Camaro..
Hoping GM will do the right thing. Super charge the new SS.. So it will compete with the big dogs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnevMoEut_E vs. ZO6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2l25Q5AHc4 10.97 run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vML-dKHCcLg dyno vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLtQEdfN-CA hole shot
Captainbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:15 AM   #5
spd98
 
Drives: had a goat
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: atlanta, ga
Posts: 349
The GMp camshafts are not all that great. You can get Much MUCH better numbers out of aftermarket units.
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #6
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,861
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
The GMp camshafts are not all that great. You can get Much MUCH better numbers out of aftermarket units.
custom grind.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
Jamestwilliams
junior member
 
Drives: Grand Am
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
The GMp camshafts are not all that great. You can get Much MUCH better numbers out of aftermarket units.
Thanks for the heads up but I don't think gm wants to make an engine that can barely idle.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
custom grind.
Funny...........lol

Guess it'll work hmmm
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #9
haulass350
 
haulass350's Avatar
 
Drives: 97 silverado
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainbob View Post
Now finally some good solid bolt on hp.. Those power curves look good, can someone get the A/F ratio from that same dyno? Whats the cost of the procharger kit? Whats temp mods are they talking about to make the install? Thats real power.. Now where talkin!! Thanks 13f20!
the kit i got for my truck was around 4500, although i think some of the newer kits with programmers and such are around 4-6.5k jsut going off the vette and stang prices.
haulass350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,784
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i heard talk on corvette forums and ls1tech that you can do the hotcam swap and then tune this engine to 500hp without any other mods im torn because i could do that and the dealer prolly wont notice as no dealer is gonna miss a supercharger under the hood.
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #11
rgrizzard
 
Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
i heard talk on corvette forums and ls1tech that you can do the hotcam swap and then tune this engine to 500hp without any other mods im torn because i could do that and the dealer prolly wont notice as no dealer is gonna miss a supercharger under the hood.

The dealer will find the tune, in fact there is a TSB for the mechanics on this...
rgrizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,861
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Funny...........lol

Guess it'll work hmmm
whatya mean?
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:33 AM   #13
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!
 
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR's Avatar
 
Drives: HeAviLy MoDDeD 2010 SS CaMaRo!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: MeRRiLLviLLe, IN
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
Want more power for your LS3?*



The three new engines – the LS3 6.2L, LS376/480, and the LS376/520 – continue the LS tradition of breaking new ground for efficiency and performance from a pushrod platform engine. The LS3 kicks out 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque. This is a complete engine with fuel rails and injectors, down to the oil pan. If you want a little more power the LS 376/480 is an LS3 with an upgraded camshaft that ups power by a whopping 50 horsepower! This is a complete engine also. You say you want an old school look,but you would like newest engine out, The LS 376/520 is equipped with an aggressive camshaft and GM Performance Parts' exclusive carbureted intake manifold. That's two simple upgrades that add up to 520 horsepower – a 90 horsepower bump over the stock LS3.


http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vem...tte/index.html) revealed that, in addition to being an impressive performer in stock form, Chevy's new LS3engine also responds enthusiastically to basic horsepower modifications. But whereas there are numerous aftermarket parts available for the long-running LS1 and LS2 power plants, the LS3's more-recent introduction means there are comparatively few bolt-ones out there for the '08 Vette.
Fortunately for the truly speed-addicted, there's ProCharger (www.procharger.com), the first manufacturer to market a supercharger kit engineered exclusively for the LS3-powered model. According to ProCharger Marketing Director Jeff Lacina, the company’s new H.O. Intercooled system includes everything required to turn a 430hpstocker into a 620hp whiplash warrior.
"The ProCharger system provides a 40-45 percent horsepower gain, with just 5-6 psi of boost, on a stock LS3 engine running pump gas. Additionally, the ProCharger features the industry's most effective and highest-flowing intercooler system, thus providing the engine with the coolest charge-air temperatures for maximum performance and longevity, “he said.

ProCharger's H.O. intercooled supercharger system comes with detailed instructions and everything needed for a clean, hassle-free installation. Production systems will include a handheld ECM re-programmer loaded with custom, application-specific tuning.
We already had a more-than-passing familiarity with ProCharger'sindustry-acclaimed products for the C5 and C6. Indeed, a quick review of the last two years of VETTE turned up numerous high-output feature cars using ProCharger blower kits, along with a pair of exclusive, "first look" tech articles on the company's latest supercharger offerings. With this kind of exposure, it's little wonder that ProCharger systems represent the most popular form of artificial aspiration currently available for EFI Corvettes.
ProCharger's first complete Corvette system, for L98-powered models, was released in early 1996, followed by an LT1 kit in 1997, and systems forth C5 and C6 in 2001 and 2005, respectively. "Developing a supercharger for the LS3 Corvette was a natural progression of ProCharger's design philosophy and its reputation for producing reliable horsepower with the earlier LS1, LS2, and LS7 cars," Lacina explained. "AProCharger-equipped LS3 Corvette represents an outstanding performance value when compared with a stock Z06."
Sold on the promise of 150 extra hp at the rear wheels, we decided to orchestrate the country's first installation and dyno test of ProCharger's newest Corvette blower system.
The complete install took less than a day and required no permanent modifications to the body or powertrain. As for the results, well, suffice it to say that justifying that '09 ZR1 purchase just got much more difficult.
ProCharger is so BEAST!!!
__________________
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:40 AM   #14
fbird777
SOM WS6
 
fbird777's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kinston, NC
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
i heard talk on corvette forums and ls1tech that you can do the hotcam swap and then tune this engine to 500hp without any other mods im torn because i could do that and the dealer prolly wont notice as no dealer is gonna miss a supercharger under the hood.
That's what I'm worried about, I want to mod my car but I don't want to void my warranty. 500rwhp would be so awesome, that supercharger along with full bolt on's and cam could put the SS at 600rwhp with a good tune.
fbird777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:42 AM   #15
Al Robinson
RACKM
 
Drives: 2001 Mazda MilleniaS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
Want more power for your LS3?*



The three new engines – the LS3 6.2L, LS376/480, and the LS376/520 – continue the LS tradition of breaking new ground for efficiency and performance from a pushrod platform engine. The LS3 kicks out 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque. This is a complete engine with fuel rails and injectors, down to the oil pan. If you want a little more power the LS 376/480 is an LS3 with an upgraded camshaft that ups power by a whopping 50 horsepower! This is a complete engine also. You say you want an old school look,but you would like newest engine out, The LS 376/520 is equipped with an aggressive camshaft and GM Performance Parts' exclusive carbureted intake manifold. That's two simple upgrades that add up to 520 horsepower – a 90 horsepower bump over the stock LS3.


http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vem...tte/index.html) revealed that, in addition to being an impressive performer in stock form, Chevy's new LS3engine also responds enthusiastically to basic horsepower modifications. But whereas there are numerous aftermarket parts available for the long-running LS1 and LS2 power plants, the LS3's more-recent introduction means there are comparatively few bolt-ones out there for the '08 Vette.
Fortunately for the truly speed-addicted, there's ProCharger (www.procharger.com), the first manufacturer to market a supercharger kit engineered exclusively for the LS3-powered model. According to ProCharger Marketing Director Jeff Lacina, the company’s new H.O. Intercooled system includes everything required to turn a 430hpstocker into a 620hp whiplash warrior.
"The ProCharger system provides a 40-45 percent horsepower gain, with just 5-6 psi of boost, on a stock LS3 engine running pump gas. Additionally, the ProCharger features the industry's most effective and highest-flowing intercooler system, thus providing the engine with the coolest charge-air temperatures for maximum performance and longevity, “he said.

ProCharger's H.O. intercooled supercharger system comes with detailed instructions and everything needed for a clean, hassle-free installation. Production systems will include a handheld ECM re-programmer loaded with custom, application-specific tuning.
We already had a more-than-passing familiarity with ProCharger'sindustry-acclaimed products for the C5 and C6. Indeed, a quick review of the last two years of VETTE turned up numerous high-output feature cars using ProCharger blower kits, along with a pair of exclusive, "first look" tech articles on the company's latest supercharger offerings. With this kind of exposure, it's little wonder that ProCharger systems represent the most popular form of artificial aspiration currently available for EFI Corvettes.
ProCharger's first complete Corvette system, for L98-powered models, was released in early 1996, followed by an LT1 kit in 1997, and systems forth C5 and C6 in 2001 and 2005, respectively. "Developing a supercharger for the LS3 Corvette was a natural progression of ProCharger's design philosophy and its reputation for producing reliable horsepower with the earlier LS1, LS2, and LS7 cars," Lacina explained. "AProCharger-equipped LS3 Corvette represents an outstanding performance value when compared with a stock Z06."
Sold on the promise of 150 extra hp at the rear wheels, we decided to orchestrate the country's first installation and dyno test of ProCharger's newest Corvette blower system.
The complete install took less than a day and required no permanent modifications to the body or powertrain. As for the results, well, suffice it to say that justifying that '09 ZR1 purchase just got much more difficult.
The procharger looks pretty cool. Really compact under the hood. What I would like to know is, do they have anything to supercharge the 3.6 V-6? If they claim a 50-75% RWHP with engines having 9.5 compression ratos, this would be great with the V-6.
Al Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #16
13F20
 
Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA, soon to be KS.
Posts: 675
sorry, I have seen nothing on the V6.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #17
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,784
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
the direct injection injects the fuel right before the ignition of the f/a mix. Forced induction would add to the pressure the injectors have to overcome and may make it harder to mix the fuel and air for a proper burn.
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
the direct injection injects the fuel right before the ignition of the f/a mix. Forced induction would add to the pressure the injectors have to overcome and may make it harder to mix the fuel and air for a proper burn.
Right. And that becomes a new issue to take into account as another is "solved": there's a reduced chance for knock thanks to DI's delayed injection time, and cooling effect.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #19
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,548
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
how much boost psi can it hold [ls3]
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #20
2kwik
So anxious.
 
2kwik's Avatar
 
Drives: Awaiting my 2010 SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
how much boost psi can it hold [ls3]
I'd guess it can handle 7-8psi safely. Anything over that and you are pressing your luck. Try perusing the threads on corvetteforum.com and i'm sure you could find a definite answer.
__________________
Counting down the days
2kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #21
Caliman93230

 
Caliman93230's Avatar
 
Drives: LS3S/C
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CALI
Posts: 1,347
I'll make my Z/28 if I have to

500 + hp
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #22
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,548
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
this should do the trick to make a gt500 pwner. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1354,
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=151,



http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...ex.html?item=2

Last edited by shank0668; 09-17-2008 at 07:55 PM.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #23
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,548
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...&Level2=CAMARO

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=679,

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1439,

all this the others on page one last post = 13270 and it will kill a gt500

shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #24
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,784
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
this should do the trick to make a gt500 pwner. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1354,
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=151,



http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/performance_parts/index.html?item=2[/url]
or this
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #25
chevyXstacy
 
chevyXstacy's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy Malibu
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atl, Ga
Posts: 15
Send a message via Yahoo to chevyXstacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
Want more power for your LS3?*



The three new engines – the LS3 6.2L, LS376/480, and the LS376/520 – continue the LS tradition of breaking new ground for efficiency and performance from a pushrod platform engine. The LS3 kicks out 430 horsepower and 424 lb.-ft. of torque. This is a complete engine with fuel rails and injectors, down to the oil pan. If you want a little more power the LS 376/480 is an LS3 with an upgraded camshaft that ups power by a whopping 50 horsepower! This is a complete engine also. You say you want an old school look,but you would like newest engine out, The LS 376/520 is equipped with an aggressive camshaft and GM Performance Parts' exclusive carbureted intake manifold. That's two simple upgrades that add up to 520 horsepower – a 90 horsepower bump over the stock LS3.


http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vem...tte/index.html) revealed that, in addition to being an impressive performer in stock form, Chevy's new LS3engine also responds enthusiastically to basic horsepower modifications. But whereas there are numerous aftermarket parts available for the long-running LS1 and LS2 power plants, the LS3's more-recent introduction means there are comparatively few bolt-ones out there for the '08 Vette.
Fortunately for the truly speed-addicted, there's ProCharger (www.procharger.com), the first manufacturer to market a supercharger kit engineered exclusively for the LS3-powered model. According to ProCharger Marketing Director Jeff Lacina, the company’s new H.O. Intercooled system includes everything required to turn a 430hpstocker into a 620hp whiplash warrior.
"The ProCharger system provides a 40-45 percent horsepower gain, with just 5-6 psi of boost, on a stock LS3 engine running pump gas. Additionally, the ProCharger features the industry's most effective and highest-flowing intercooler system, thus providing the engine with the coolest charge-air temperatures for maximum performance and longevity, “he said.

ProCharger's H.O. intercooled supercharger system comes with detailed instructions and everything needed for a clean, hassle-free installation. Production systems will include a handheld ECM re-programmer loaded with custom, application-specific tuning.
We already had a more-than-passing familiarity with ProCharger'sindustry-acclaimed products for the C5 and C6. Indeed, a quick review of the last two years of VETTE turned up numerous high-output feature cars using ProCharger blower kits, along with a pair of exclusive, "first look" tech articles on the company's latest supercharger offerings. With this kind of exposure, it's little wonder that ProCharger systems represent the most popular form of artificial aspiration currently available for EFI Corvettes.
ProCharger's first complete Corvette system, for L98-powered models, was released in early 1996, followed by an LT1 kit in 1997, and systems forth C5 and C6 in 2001 and 2005, respectively. "Developing a supercharger for the LS3 Corvette was a natural progression of ProCharger's design philosophy and its reputation for producing reliable horsepower with the earlier LS1, LS2, and LS7 cars," Lacina explained. "AProCharger-equipped LS3 Corvette represents an outstanding performance value when compared with a stock Z06."
Sold on the promise of 150 extra hp at the rear wheels, we decided to orchestrate the country's first installation and dyno test of ProCharger's newest Corvette blower system.
The complete install took less than a day and required no permanent modifications to the body or powertrain. As for the results, well, suffice it to say that justifying that '09 ZR1 purchase just got much more difficult.

This may sound dumb but does anyone know Since the LS376/520 has a carburetor manifold is it still fuel injected?
chevyXstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Well sunroof question answered (PIC) Black5thgen 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 152 08-29-2009 10:23 PM
Turbocharge your way to efficiency.....and power! Mr. Wyndham Forced Induction - V8 20 07-06-2008 12:46 PM
A little more pricing reassurance. Grape Ape Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 34 04-22-2008 08:05 AM
Pricing/optioning guesstimate KILLER74Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 156 02-24-2008 04:33 PM
JD Power survey: Younger Buyers Avoiding Domestics Scotsman General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 6 12-04-2007 01:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.