Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 10-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #76
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
The GXP will be on the streets soon. The Pontiac G8 ST will be another wild ride. It should weigh in about 300 pounds or so lighter than the G8. If Chevy builds the El Camino up North the same should be true. A RWD V8 that weighs a couple hundred pounds less than a Camaro. Hmmmm... decisions, decisions.

There are advantages and disadvantages to the auto and the stick. My GTO is stick. My G8 is auto. My 2010 Camaro.... still thinking about that one.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #77
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
I like the G8 GT, but the auto has been poorly received for the sluggish upshifts and head jerking downshifts. G8 GXP (manual trans available) will cost "Just under $40,000", I'm not paying anywhere near that.

The dealers will be trying to price gouge the GXP too. I may buy a 2009 G8 GT when employee pricing returns. $29xxx is a great price for that car with both option packages.

But, the auto tranny has issues...
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #78
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
The sluggish shifts are tuning for fuel economy, drive-line life and to be daily driving smooth. A little bit of tuning and my tranny snaps off rubber on the 1 to 2 and the 2 to 3 under full throttle. You can see it and hear it in the video. A fluid analysis after a grueling day of road course track testing came back clean. We do run a massive transmission cooler, oil cooler and power steering cooler. Longevity -- we are at 12K and looking good. So I have my fingers crossed and change the fluid after every road course abuse... use.

The GXP pluses are a base 40 HP advantage, front Brembos, six speed stick and one of the nicest steering wheels you'll ever hold. Out of this list, the steering wheel is the one item that I miss on my car.