|02-22-2010, 08:50 PM||#86|
Drives: 2002 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
once again, this is probably a rehash of a lot of other comments....
a) an optional performance handling/suspension upgrade for the weekend warriors.... aka track pack
b) a nav screen would be nice w/ rearview camera as a possible option.
d) ambient lighting that runs the entire dash.
e) shave pounds wherever possible.
personally, i'm still holding out for a Z28 to come out within the next year or two. I can wait patiently as long as I know that it's coming..... PLEASE tell me it's coming!?!?
|02-22-2010, 08:53 PM||#87|
I used to be Dragoneye...
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
I just wanted to poke in here again...(this is really fun to read)
You guys are doing a great job staying on topic and providing excellent feedback.
Owners -- your thoughts are extremely valued!!!
|02-22-2010, 08:59 PM||#88|
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS --RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Asheville NC.
I have been waiting many years to get behind the wheel of a car that brings back the same level of excitement of getting behind the wheel of my 69' Camaro in high school.
GM did that and more !
Having said that,the things that i think will keep this car "on top" is ;
1.) A more agressive exhaust system
2.) Better interior lighting
3.) More reasonable wheel options
4.) Painted stripe options
Thanks for letting us have a voice in the continious improvement of this great car.
|02-22-2010, 09:15 PM||#89|
Drives: 1999 GMC Sierra Z71
Join Date: Sep 2009
lighter and better quality interior
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how wrong they are
If I agreed with you then we would both be wrong
|02-22-2010, 09:17 PM||#90|
Drives: 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Morehead, KY
My suggestion is related to SERVICE:
Some people on this forum have said that if you go in for service the dealer will check for the latest PCM calibration for you car and make sure that your software is up to the latest version. Maybe some dealers would, but I dont think this is standard procedure, and I think it should be.
Some people will do their own oil changes and maintenance (like myself), so it would be nice if GM would send an e-mail or post card to owners when there is a new version of the PCM software out, saying to bring the car in at the earliest convenience for an upgrade.
As the lifecycle of a new car matures, the manufacturer will obviosly make improvements with the PCM calibration, and these improvements cost nothing to be implemented for every owner to have the best performance they can get.
|02-22-2010, 09:23 PM||#91|
Drives: 2SS RS LS3 Black
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cherry Hill NJ
I love this car! Leave the fuel door alone please. Change the dash cluster (Speedo tach and radio) to orange instead of blue for the Inferno Orange interior package.
|02-22-2010, 09:37 PM||#92|
Drives: Truckerton (GMC Sierra 1500 SL)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: College Town, Tempe
HUD! There needs to be a heads up display. There's even been concept pictures that came from GM themselves that showed a HUD. This needs to be done, but that's all I have to say about that.
|02-22-2010, 09:37 PM||#93|
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Rally Yellow
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Des Moines, IA
My 2 cents worth here in central Iowa:
1. More/Better interior lighting
2. At night, have the front amber "turn signal" lights always illuminated when the head lights are on.
3. Move the gas fill to the driver's side.
4. Ambient lighting across the entire dash. (I really want this.)
5. Offer the rally stripes in GLOSS black. (Not just flat black.)
6. When/If you bring back the Z/28, also bring back the "IROC" package.
Thanks for listening to us!
(Drove her home Aug. 5, '09)
|02-22-2010, 09:41 PM||#94|
Hail to the GENERAL
Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
First as far as i understand, this meeting is in august so it will definitely be after the 2011 model year. Anyway these are my suggestions:
1) More interior colors, the only nice interior color right now is inferno orange, where is the red leather like in the MUSTANG?
4) Height adjusted passenger seat.
5) Real paddle shifters (on the steering column)
6) do something to the plain dash, especially on the passenger side
and please LEAVE THE EXTERIOR ALONE!
|02-22-2010, 09:57 PM||#95|
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Goodyear AZ
The car is amazing but making it a little better will not hurt...
2) better interior lighting
3) be able to record CD's into the memory like my wifes 2010 EQ...
4) Funtional Hood scoop.
5) Hide away head lights
6) ABL in front of dash as well
8) discount for current 2010 owners.
9) Optional painted on ralley strips
10) SS badging in the front and rear instead of the bowie's " only for SS models"
Once again thanks for letting us the camaro family express our thoughts
God Bless and thanks for everything you do..
|02-22-2010, 09:58 PM||#96|
Drives: police interceptor
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Austin, tx
Heres is my short term goals suggestions for the 2011 Model year:
1. Camaro V6 with FE3 suspension option. (The V6 is where the real battle is at.)
2. The Camaro needs a stronger V6 trim level that still gets great fuel economy.
3. a Track pack option (call it the 1Le suspension package)
4. optional 3.73 or 3.92 gears (though standard on track pak option)
5. HUD option on V6 and standard on V8
6. ABL on doors and dash.
7. two tone red interior option.
Just for the sake of it, chevy can make a special edition of the camaro with the LS7 (though it will not be called the Z28)
Just my .02 cents
|02-22-2010, 10:11 PM||#97|
Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Turd Town, WI
Mostly a repeat, I'm sure but numbers win.
Overall I'm in love with the car and hate that I had to put it up for winter so soon. Only 1800 miles on her.
My glitches are the norm on my list:
-lights in the garage door buttons
-ability to raise passenger seat, power or not
-ambient lighting across dash
-gas cap hook is not even usable
-I'm a paint and body guy with realistic expectaions but this does seem to chip easier. :(
The last one is a little more spendy but could we get a little tougher rear axles? I will mod this car eventually after warranty is up. It sounds like the design must be borderline on living even at stock horsepower levels if you listen to these boards. GM knows these cars are going to be modified. I don't expect the axles from GM to survive a S/C or turbo but I also don't think a guy should sweat a tune, cold-air intake, and exhaust. If I step up to slicks I expect to pay or break things but mild adders with street tires should be no sweat.
Thanks! What a cool deal to have the big company actually listen!
|02-22-2010, 10:12 PM||#98|
Not easy being Green
Drives: 67 Nova SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Olympia, WA
Love the car as is for how we use it, but will give some feed back since you asked
1) weight, if possible put it on a diet, with less weight some of the handling will improve and also improve mpg (pending on the driver).
2) performance option like stated before such as z28 option, or high output V8 NA, etc.
|02-22-2010, 10:14 PM||#99|
Drives: Too many to list
Join Date: Jun 2009
Only thing that I haven't seen yet is the suggestion of a useable tilt steering column. Like the c5/c6 has, also like a vette, add the power telescoping feature as well. This column reminds me of a Jap car useless tilt. I like pulling the lever back in my vette and avalanche and have it tilt up before I get out. This is how it has been since GM started doing columns back in the 60's.
|02-22-2010, 10:18 PM||#100|
IT Geek / Gearhead
Drives: 2010 - 1SS Black Ext/ Grey Int. M6
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the awesome car, Thanks for taking input.
1. Driver seat retract when door opens to ease getting out, move back when closed.
2. Power passenger seats.
3. centered steering wheel, minor gripe, but it seems like it faces towards the driver door versus centered and directly at the driver. not symmetrical
4. steering wheel extends fully, maybe sits a little lower.
5. controllable fog lamps
6. better interior lighting
7. shed some weight / track pack
9. backup camera in mirror
Black 1ss/rs M6
(Transformer / Knight Rider - Hybrid)
Ordered 12/15/09 -> Picked Up 2/2/10
Mods Installed - MGW Short Throw, SkipShift Eliminate, 20% Tint, Autobot Emblems, FilterMag, KITT Scanner #22
Mods on order - Black Bowties, G-tech Meter, Ext. Sound Trigger
Future Purchases - Meth Injection, CAI , Long Tube Headers, DashDaq
|02-22-2010, 10:23 PM||#101|
Charter Circle Member
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
1) Make Sport Mode Sporty, by disabling AFM and reducing Torque Management
2) Nav system option
3) Memory seats. Also, let the front part of the seat pan go lower
(it tilts back when all the way down)
4) Forget HUD (had it before and it's useless) Add NAV option instead
|02-22-2010, 10:28 PM||#102|
Drives: 2010 1SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Livermore, CA
Remote start on the 1SS
Make it lighter and/or smaller... but still keep the v8. It should be within 150 pounds of the Mustang.
A nicer interior so Car & Driver will shut up already.
More power than Dodge and Ford... stay #1.
And make it so people can order any of the options... like the old days.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PEDDERS SUCCESSFULLY FITS 305s ON ALL 4 CORNERS!||Info@PeddersUSA.com||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||467||06-11-2013 10:45 PM|
|Setting up an IRS/Drivetrain for Drag Racing||Kyle2k||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||44||06-05-2010 10:17 PM|
|Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release||Tran||Camaro Convertible Forum||12||11-18-2009 08:05 PM|
|Suspension guys out there - lets talk wheel hop||Crowley||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||14||10-09-2009 01:06 AM|