|02-23-2010, 07:22 AM||#137|
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Taylor, MI
More ambient lighting
Passenger side power seat adjuster
Factory Hurst option
Factory exhaust option
3.73 Rear axle option
2012 ZL1,CTF Car, SIM MN6, Polished Wheels,The Rare Flat Black Insert.
Proud member of the unofficial Camaro5 "Rodgers Chevrolet Fan Club"
Last edited by Chief Bob; 02-23-2010 at 07:33 AM.
|02-23-2010, 07:27 AM||#138|
Drives: ABM, 2LT/RS, sunroof, v6 auto
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South of Ft Worth, Tx
I'm a woman driver, so my observations will reflect that...
Lighting: needs some on the mirrors, Homelink buttons and under the hood!
2LT/RS, ABM, sunroof
|02-23-2010, 07:36 AM||#139|
Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Join Date: May 2009
well we all know that everyone can't be pleased all of the time,but it seems obvious that there are a few things that most all members want to see changed:
1. abl across dash (and have a kit available to install on the 2010)
2. pwr.pass. seat (my son nor my wife can see over the dash)
3. get rid of some weight (being the engine is alluminum,i do not see why the car weighs so much)
4. and some type of a blind spot indicator in side mirrors
5. do something better with the leather seating (the mustang(oops) has better looking quality interior)
6. more interior lighting
other than these suggestions,the car is awesome,i love it!
|02-23-2010, 07:54 AM||#140|
and MR. HYDE
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
I Love my car, but here are a few minor things that would help.
1. ABL across the dash
2. Front and rear SS instead of the Bowtie.
3. Underhood Light, it never fail that when you need to jump someone off it is at night, an underhood light would help alot.
4. Offer Factory CHROME rims.
5. Offer FACTORY installation of Header, Exhaust, shifter
6. Revamp rear diffuser on the ground effects kit so that the exhaust is round, not square.
7. Power passenger seat
8. Offer Dovetail Spoiler
With the following and passion of the Camaro fanbase I think it would be neat to offer factory delivery.
I understand that this is a new version, but keep dealership staff updated on service requirements. Camaro 5 knows before the dealership does.
This is one awesome machine, you have done well GM and the Camaro Team, keep up the good work.
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
|02-23-2010, 08:16 AM||#141|
Drives: 02 SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wallops Island, VA
keep them coming......Alot of great input here....
What makes this trip better is that before customers didn't have thier cars, now since you have had some seat time we get a better insight on what you would like to see....
|02-23-2010, 08:18 AM||#142|
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Yellow w/stripes
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: St. Paul
I don't mean for this to come off sounding mean because I love my Camaro but as a 1SS owner, I was more than a little perturbed to find that the model I pre-ordered did not come with door lighting, OR the all important 4 pack gauges. I think all SS models should have this.
Also almost every Camaro owner purchased one because they fell in love with the concept model. I think GM needs to start making future models closer to the concept. That being said, the interior doesn't look anything like the concept model and THAT is part of the driving experience. The speedometer, the 4 pack, the intricate metal work around the manual stick lavished in chrome, is something GM needs to try and deliver to the customers. I would pay anything to upgrade to this interior.
Last but not least, please give us the fascias (front and back) that were on the concept model. Neither the SS or LT have this front or back. Everybody and their mother wants the tail pipes you have on the concept model, please make that happen.
Thank you for listening to the customers.
I'm proud to be a supporter of GM
|02-23-2010, 08:51 AM||#144|
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Orleans
foldable side mirrors, that way if they are hit they won't just break off.
|02-23-2010, 08:52 AM||#145|
Give more things as options;
Track Pack optional
I would also like to see GMPP offer tunes that will not void warranties.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners, MPSS 285/35/20 on all 4 corners.
|02-23-2010, 08:58 AM||#146|
I'm going to go with cosmetic issues, or some things that look like they were left off, but have the ability to add to the car.
1. All colors of interior trim (RJT interior trim accessory), and splash guards (missing white, green, and the blue colors)
2. Glove box light (you left a hole on the left side to mount a light)
3. Ambient lighting in the dash and footwell lighting (there are stock holes for footwell)
4. Backup sensors with the lights like in the owners manual.
5. Lighted homelink buttons or just a raised bump on one or more of them.
6. The ability to adjust the passenger seat up. (This isn't as big of an issue with me)
|02-23-2010, 09:06 AM||#147|
Drives: IBM 2SS/RS; in transformation
Join Date: May 2009
Location: J-Ville, NC
Understanding Chevy went cheap where ever they could to keep costs down, so keeping that in mind... see below:
...providing another vote for the below recommendations...
- Paint, paint, paint... unbelievable the poor quality/thickness. I have so many chips from just driving around it is ridiculous. It really challenges the 'quality' argument and highlights the 'save money' perception
- Skip-Shift--way too dangerous where it engages now... and inevitably in the middle of a turn intersection... really, forcing 4th gear at 20MPH...you will be at 18 and dropping by the time it is in gear...but the manual warns about low revving motor...so which is it??!! Understand why it is there, but should engage at higher speed to compensate for initial start up and loss of speed during shift. OTHERWISE, we will just hammer the throttle to push through...great idea, keep us in 1st gear longer so we can do just the opposite (waste more gas)...
- Visors---A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. They are crappy plastic, sit too far back, are way to narrow, and completely useless for the side... UNBELIEVABLE. Why put them in there? Put closer to windshield, one more inch in depth to be useful, and slideable on the post for side protection....so many other manufacturers make this standard.
- Interior quality. Agree there should be full leather option above normal 2SS upgrade..for those who have to have it. Keep carbon fiber looking plastic as standard to keep 2SS pricing competitive...but does the other plastic really need to be like Hasbro kids toys... If it weren't for the muscle and brawny exterior, the interior would scream cheap, cheap, cheap.... Ford has you there, hands down. And I hate Fords. The plastic around the parking brake is so flimsy, its like a bathtub toy! come on...
- Seatbelt...does it really need to choke you? I am 5'9''...so the average across the board for fitting..but that seat belt cuts right into side of my neck, no matter how I adjust the seat..unless I went gangster... Like so many other manufacturers, make the side connection height adjustable.
- Accelerator... the lag from push to action is very noticeable...should be part of QC. Guessing the controllability under 2k RPMs is by design, which is probably smart, but the actual lag/slop in the accelerator should not be part of that.
- Passenger seat upgrade. Understand cost savings again..but even $20k cars have manual seats that slide forward automatically when you pop seat-back forward, and come back to original setting...but not our Camaro. Yes, not many ride in the back, but don't put seats back there if you can't get to them...
--Also, the crappy plastic handle to move the passenger seat fwd/back screams of cheap and in the way.
- Also for passengers...keep dash dimensions same as on driver's side... glove box is lower and farther out so really tight on the knees.
- Drivers seat...the top of the line car does not offer lumbar adjustments, but every foreign manufacturer does? Is that a notable cost savings too?
- Memory settings....the manual states the function is there...but it isn't. Without notches, it is frustrating to reset the adjustments anytime you switch drivers...make memory seats standard for any power seats.
- Does the driver foot room (or lack of) really need to be that tight/claustrophobic? I couldn't imagine being down there with size 10 shoes or larger (most dudes)!
- The headlight knob is invisible no matter where stearing wheel is positioned..you are using the force... to find and adjust..
- Ambient lighting improvement...even separate driver/passenger push button style would improve.
- Underhood lighting...every dude out there should know this... why was it left out to begin with?
- Functional hood vent.. concur. Is there a notable aerodynamic increase without?
- Trimming weight..you bet
So biggest heartaches that make Chevy look cheap: Paint job quality, interior plastic, seat belt layout and 1970's style passenger seat manual adjust.
the others are nice to haves.
As for some gucci type items (nav system, A/C seats, ...) those are nice to have, but should not/not be a standard upgrade to the SS or RS packages. Keeping those trim levels at costs below a Ford/Chrysler equivalent are great marketing points... But allow the options for those who want to go crazy and spend the extra coin.
Lastly (sorry, I know), the leather in there now...great (really impressed with back seats feel), tire/rim combos..great..., suspension/handling...great, exterior design...great, exhaust note, ...OK..., traction control/stabilitrak,...great, HID lighting...awesome.
Sorry for all the bitching... I truly do love this car, minus the paint/visors/seatbelt
Last edited by Stay Marine; 02-23-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: forgot one...dammit
|02-23-2010, 09:18 AM||#148|
Drives: 1972 z28
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: queen city
My requests would be:
bring on the z
bring back the 1LE package, and make it all about weight reduction
don't let the car get "stale" ; make noticable changes every two years ( taillights, front fascia, etc)
|02-23-2010, 09:39 AM||#149|
Drives: Jeep TJ
Join Date: Dec 2009
I don't own a camaro - but I've studied(admired) it on the forum, website, videos, in my brochures beside my bed before I go to bed etc -
Only two things I could say is-
1- Cupholder relocation - I can't see it's current location being ergonomically feasible with a manual shifter - having a big mug of coffee right in the middle of where the forearm is supposed to rest.
2- HUD option - we're in 2010 - it's the "lit computer keyboard" type of idea of "why isn't it mainstream yet?"
....just my.02 from a diehard fan and ultra auto enthusiast.
|02-23-2010, 09:39 AM||#150|
Drives: 2010 2LT Coupe Automatic
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East Central Wisconsin
1. Go to a softer look and feel of the dashboard if it does not raise costs.
2. Better interior lighting for back seat area.
3. Keep fuel door on passenger side.
4. Passenger seat needs to adjust like the drivers side does.
5. Hard top convertible.
6. Under dash lighting.
|02-23-2010, 09:51 AM||#151|
Catch me if you can
Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanks for listening to your customers! That's great that GM wants to hear what we have to say.
So here goes.
|02-23-2010, 09:59 AM||#152|
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central CT
First off I absolutely love this car.
For improvements I would suggest:
1) Sun visors with pull down flaps that actually work.
2) Heat shields for the tranny lines right near the exhaust (v6).
3) Back up camera's and a real navigation display.
4) A passenger seat with height adjustment.
2010 Camaro Auto, Inferno Orange, Titanium Interior, Gearhead Wheels AIRAID CAI
|02-23-2010, 10:03 AM||#153|
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
I like the idea of the Camaro Dusk concept... and have read the rumors about the executive edition so pulling from those two ideas:
I love the Berlin Blue - or maybe even marina blue
Brushed aluminum interior trim package
Something similar to the Dusk's wheel package available stock (why not just offer another 20" design with the same dimensions and uses same tire package as stock 20's)
black interior with red (or any other color) stitching
Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PEDDERS SUCCESSFULLY FITS 305s ON ALL 4 CORNERS!||Info@PeddersUSA.com||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||467||06-11-2013 10:45 PM|
|Setting up an IRS/Drivetrain for Drag Racing||Kyle2k||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||44||06-05-2010 10:17 PM|
|Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release||Tran||Camaro Convertible Forum||12||11-18-2009 08:05 PM|
|Suspension guys out there - lets talk wheel hop||Crowley||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||14||10-09-2009 01:06 AM|