Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Anyone else preorder P13W from AAC?

So I preordered my P13ws from AAC the first week of February. This was for a preorder to ship out 3/1. 3/1 comes and goes and I get no tracking number, no nothing. So I email them and they tell me it will ship out this week. Well its Friday, still nothing so I email them again. They tell me theyre sorry but they had a large volume of preorders and they appreciate my patience. Now I understand I'm probably blowing this out of proportion based on only a week, but it's just been a recurring theme with companys doing this lately. Why do you take so many more preorders than you can fill? When I placed my order I gave them $110 for bulbs that shouldve been here this week. Now they're sitting on my cash and I'm sitting here with no ETA on anything. It's so frustrating. When you run out of inventory, change the website to not say preorder for 3/1 shipment.

Again, a lot of this isn't meant for AAC, who I've worked with in the past with no problems, but this is more of just a comment on the state of business I've been encountering lately. The last straw basically.

Anybody else get taken on this preorder?
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Have them in & running for 2 months now. Great DRL LEDs! Always great service from Justin @AAC Style. Also great communications from their shipping and phone support.

Website indicates:"Our 2st Pre-order has sold out. We have started a 3rd *Pre-Order* which will ship out on 04/01/10, these High Output LEDs feature 18 SMTs which produce a rich bright white color similar to Xenon but with relatively no heat and less power consumption."
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
2010Bill

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
same here.....GREAT service from AAC, always

2010Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
mdinferno

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT/RS
CamaroDreams07, I am in the same boat.... Money was taken with understanding it was in stock.... No I am still waiting.... & waiting & waiting.....
mdinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Have them in & running for 2 months now. Great DRL LEDs! Always great service from Justin @AAC Style. Also great communications from their shipping and phone support.

Website indicates:"Our 2st Pre-order has sold out. We have started a 3rd *Pre-Order* which will ship out on 04/01/10, these High Output LEDs feature 18 SMTs which produce a rich bright white color similar to Xenon but with relatively no heat and less power consumption."
Yes the website does indicate that now. But not back in February when they took my money. It said March 1st when I placed the order.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Eski7399
Arizona All Gens

Drives: 2SS/RS, M6, IO-Int
I'm in the same boat. Ordered in Feb. Talked to them through email and they said this:

Steve,

Thank you for your followup email. We confirm that you are on the March list and your order is being processed now. We are going in order down the list and will have everyone shipped out by the weekend. Once we process your order, you will receive a tracking number in email. You do not currently have a tracking number for us to send you.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

info@aacstyle.com
-Customer Support Staff
AAC Enterprises INC
4401 Division St.
Metairie, LA 70002
P: (800)407-5776
F: (800)407-2631
L: (504)835-0055
FAQ [Click Here]

It's Friday...weekend starts soon! No tracking number yet.

I can and will wait though. Like I have a choice. Few extra days is no big deal to me, 5+ is pushing it.
Current Mods: Pacesetter 1 3/4" LT Headers, High flow Cats. CAI Inc. Intake, LPM custom Grind Cam, Comp Hardened Pushrods, Pac Racing 1521 Dual Springs with Titanium Retainers, Hardened Seats and Locks, LPM Custom Dyno Tune by NicD, Barton Ind. S/T Shifter, Muffler Delete, ABL Dash, AAC Style P13W LED DRL, Phantom Billet Grill by T-Rex, Razzi Rear Diffuser & Side Skirts, Street Scene Spoiler, PFADT Coilovers.
Loud Pedal Motorsports (LPM). http://www.loudpdl.com/index.php
Eski7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski7399 View Post
I'm in the same boat. Ordered in Feb. Talked to them through email and they said this:

Steve,

Thank you for your followup email. We confirm that you are on the March list and your order is being processed now. We are going in order down the list and will have everyone shipped out by the weekend. Once we process your order, you will receive a tracking number in email. You do not currently have a tracking number for us to send you.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

info@aacstyle.com
-Customer Support Staff
AAC Enterprises INC
4401 Division St.
Metairie, LA 70002
P: (800)407-5776
F: (800)407-2631
L: (504)835-0055
FAQ [Click Here]

It's Friday...weekend starts soon! No tracking number yet.

I can and will wait though. Like I have a choice. Few extra days is no big deal to me, 5+ is pushing it.
exactly.. you can take some liberties when you're the only one who makes a product.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
Alain

Drives: 2010 SS, RS, Manual. 2012 F150, FX4
patience
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Yep I placed my order on 2-14 with the expectation shipping on 3-1. Still no tracking, e-mailed 3 different times and no response...
Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
Eski7399
Arizona All Gens

Welp, friday is up. Guess they'll get to it Mondayish.
Not bitching...These LED's are going to be top notch.
Current Mods: Pacesetter 1 3/4" LT Headers, High flow Cats. CAI Inc. Intake, LPM custom Grind Cam, Comp Hardened Pushrods, Pac Racing 1521 Dual Springs with Titanium Retainers, Hardened Seats and Locks, LPM Custom Dyno Tune by NicD, Barton Ind. S/T Shifter, Muffler Delete, ABL Dash, AAC Style P13W LED DRL, Phantom Billet Grill by T-Rex, Razzi Rear Diffuser & Side Skirts, Street Scene Spoiler, PFADT Coilovers.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
i was gonna order the fog lights...

nothing about being out of stock. they come back 2 weeks...yah..nvm.
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #12
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Add me to the backorder list. I am waiting for an estimated ship date but still haven't gotten a call or an e-mail. Fortunately my car is in storage so I am not in any hurry but it would be nice if I would at least get an estimated ship date.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #13
Eski7399
Arizona All Gens

My estimated ship date was March 1st, then March 5th. Still nothing. The second pre-order list is estimated to ship April 1st. We all know what that day is...so expect at least 1-2 weeks past that day.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #14
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
Im still waiting its been a minute. Supposed to get them by next week....
BlessedChef10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #15
hairzee

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
I ordered and recieved AAC's "projector" fog kit for my RS and recieved them with missing directions, plug adapters, and "mounting straps". I was not impressed with the customer service from this company or Justin at all. Furthermore, not impressed with that kit and sent it back.

I know many people here are happy with this company!
hairzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #16
Tecca

Drives: ...
Why is it everytime I think that AAC has everything together one of these threads pop up. I have $700+ in the cart that I was about ready to pay for but i get a little nervouse forking over that much and not know when my items will ship especially when two of them items are not in stock.

Maybe Justin can clarify what is being done to get these issues resolved as I really want to get the lights from him as he seems honest.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #17
mdinferno

Teccboxx, Honestly AAC have excellent products... Just a bit poor communications. So don't let our frustration turn you away from ordering your items. We the customers are just looking for a guarantee date when our items will be shipped.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #18
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
idk. it just makes me mad. the fact. they cant put out of stock? i mean its not that hard...

i loveee those projecter fogs. but cmon....
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #19
mdinferno

well i agree cause it caused me time... i had the body shop waiting on the bulb to install while the bumper was getting replaced... but after a week of waiting i told him just go ahead and put the car back together.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #20
AACstyle

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
So I preordered my P13ws from AAC the first week of February. This was for a preorder to ship out 3/1. 3/1 comes and goes and I get no tracking number, no nothing. So I email them and they tell me it will ship out this week. Well its Friday, still nothing so I email them again. They tell me theyre sorry but they had a large volume of preorders and they appreciate my patience. Now I understand I'm probably blowing this out of proportion based on only a week, but it's just been a recurring theme with companys doing this lately. Why do you take so many more preorders than you can fill? When I placed my order I gave them $110 for bulbs that shouldve been here this week. Now they're sitting on my cash and I'm sitting here with no ETA on anything. It's so frustrating. When you run out of inventory, change the website to not say preorder for 3/1 shipment.

Again, a lot of this isn't meant for AAC, who I've worked with in the past with no problems, but this is more of just a comment on the state of business I've been encountering lately. The last straw basically.

Anybody else get taken on this preorder?
As we stated in the thread, we received our run of parts March 1st. We still need to burn-in and test each bulb before they are shipped out. It is taking longer for this run than runs in the past because, at the request of the members here, each bulb is being modified to make the clicking sound everyone wants to hear

I am sorry that you were expecting to have these bulbs in-hand sooner but we know by taking these additional quality control measures you will get years of use and enjoyment out of these parts despite having to wait a few days longer for delivery. We want you to be a happy customer over the long run
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #21
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdinferno View Post
Teccboxx, Honestly AAC have excellent products... Just a bit poor communications.
Dray, you know we are here to assist you with any questions you may have. For other here that don't know us, we are a real "brick and mortar" company, you can contact us by calling our toll-free # 1(800)407-5776. If you email us there is a standard 24-48 hour response time.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #22
mdinferno

Justin, PM sent
Old 03-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #23
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
As we stated in the thread, we received our run of parts March 1st. We still need to burn-in and test each bulb before they are shipped out. It is taking longer for this run than runs in the past because, at the request of the members here, each bulb is being modified to make the clicking sound everyone wants to hear

I am sorry that you were expecting to have these bulbs in-hand sooner but we know by taking these additional quality control measures you will get years of use and enjoyment out of these parts despite having to wait a few days longer for delivery. We want you to be a happy customer over the long run

Then change your website to say that. It says "this is for a pre-order to ship out 03/01" . I have no problem waiting longer as long as I know that when I place the order. It doesn't say anywhere that March 1st is when YOU recieve the parts and that after that you have to test and modify them and then they ship out.

Again, I've ordered from you before, and I'm planning to order again for my next project. I love your products, but it just seems like this is happening anytime I order a part from anybody these days.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #24
FRKNlo

Drives: VStar 1100 Classic, 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Dray, you know we are here to assist you with any questions you may have. For other here that don't know us, we are a real "brick and mortar" company, you can contact us by calling our toll-free # 1(800)407-5776. If you email us there is a standard 24-48 hour response time.
I tried calling that toll free number and got the recording " Im sorry the number you have called can not be reached from your calling area."
FRKNlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #25
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKNlo View Post
I tried calling that toll free number and got the recording " Im sorry the number you have called can not be reached from your calling area."
If you are calling from outside of the United States please call (504)835-0055 or (504)835-0885. We will reopen Monday 9am CST.