Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

USA - Southwest AZ, HI, NM, NV, UT

Old 02-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Dreamer2430
I need to win the Lotto

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS LS3
New road course in Wilcox, AZ

Hey everyone. I know that awhile back we had a road course planned as a group event. I don't know how many people actually made it out, but I spoke with a few others who, like me, we not able to attend. So, a friend did some research and found a brand new road course in Wilcox. I know it's a long drive for most of you and I am sorry, but this course looks amazing and you'll get to be in your car a little longer with a nice straight flat streach of highway. I spoke with CJ Dorland, the VP of the track, and he gave me as many details as he could. If we have between 10-30 people the cost is $3500 per day. That cost includes a paramedic and track staff. Unfortunately it does not include an ambulance or insurance. That cost is an additional $1000 per day for the ambulance and $800 for insurance. Both costs are optional. You need a Snell rated helmet and long sleeved shirts, pants and closed-toed shoes at minimum, they recommend a race suit. If we get more than 30 people all the side costs stay the same, but the track cost goes up to $5,000 per day and the ambulance is no longer optional, but the insurance still is. The first two weekends in March (6th and 13th), April the 10th, April 24th and May 8th are all open days right now. The track is booked the weekends of April 17th *.
The course home page is in the link below

http://www.indemotorsports.com/

On a side note, April 17th is an open track day. The cost is $175 per driver ($20 per spectator) for the day. This covers most of your costs (track staff, paramedics and ambulance). Insurance is an extra $40 for the day. You still need to come with a helmet and proper attire. We could use this as a sort of tester. Let me know what you guys think or any questions you have. And unfortunately the track will only take the first 30 RSVPs, so call CJ asap.

Last edited by Dreamer2430; 02-26-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: new info
Dreamer2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
gotroost

Drives: IOM 2SS RS
Woo Hoo! I'm interested! Willcox is close to me. Work travel may interfere, but Apr 17 is definitely doable. Car will 1500 miles on it this weekend and I will have plenty of time to get all the fluids changed. I've been pretty good with break-in and its about time to see how it runs with traction control disabled or in comp mode.
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
I wish i was closer !!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
gotroost

I've confirmed with CJ and the check goes out in the mail tomorrow for the Apr 17 event. Finished the break-in finally and had a chance to check out launch and comp mode. Woo Hoo! Total track newbie,but this should be fun. Anybody else going?
Old 03-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
Dreamer2430
I need to win the Lotto

'm going to try. I haven't purchased a helmet yet and I don't know anyone who owns one. CJ said that they have a few at the track that I could use, but it's hard to know if it will actually fit like it's supposed to. I don't know how often I will actually use the helmet so it's hard to justify a $300+ helmet for a possible one-time use. I haven't talked to CJ in a while.

Gootroost, did CJ happen to mention anything about a gas pump on track property. I would think that at high speeds with something like this, that's an all-day event, I could probably go through a tank of gas pretty easily.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
gotroost

Didn't get into the specifics about gas, but I can't imagine if they don't have some. Willcox is close too, but I don't know if they have 93 or higher gas. My wife will be bringing our truck and I should have some extra fuel.

Send me your helmet size and I might be able to accomodate. Check rockymountainatv.com. They have decent sizing charts and I have several on the shelf.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
Dreamer2430
I need to win the Lotto

I sent CJ my check today. He told me that they were running out of spots.

Checked on the octane situation and he said that they willl have a pump with 91 on site (about $3 a gallon) and possibly a few higher octane choices, but he's still working that out.

Gotroost, my fitted hat size is 7 1/8 (with New Era hats) and my head measures between 21 and 22 inches in diameter. Does that help? I'll be in Tempe this weekend, so I'm going to check out Race Mart and Desert Rat and see what they've got. I'm kind disappointed that I couldn't generate a little more interest. As time gets closer, I'll try to set up a rendez vous point with you. I think you might know the area a little better than me.