Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2015, 03:30 PM   #1
WIPLASH
WIPLASH
 
WIPLASH's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 SW/2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 294
Where did you get this unicorn?

I've been to probably 5 dealerships over the last 8 months and each parts guy looks at me like I asked him what a 1LE is.
[blank stare]
If you have one of these or know where I can get them, please send me a PM or post it up here. My forum research shows most get them from a dealer, but dealers seem to have no clue (insert joke here).
Thanks!
Attached Images
 
__________________
1" BMR lowering springs | CAI | SW LTH | BTR Stage 3 camshaft | Stage 2 LSA Supercharger | LSX376 B8
664whp/624tq
WIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent
 
Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Join Date: May 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 1,350
Gee- there's only a TSB sent to every dealer about it.
__________________
Thanks to MRR, I have some SWEET wheels! Thank you!
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:49 PM   #3
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me
 
Homeless Man's Avatar
 
Drives: LS3
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Streets of Philly
Posts: 3,614
Just say SS. Doesn't matter if you have a 1LE package. Just like RS package
__________________
Pity a man in familiar places, who yet feels like a stranger.
Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
Venomous
 
Venomous's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Silver Camaro 1lt RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: DFW
Posts: 287
I think Becky Rogers Chevrolet has them. Don't quote me on the spelling but its something like that. She posted in the free giveaway section only way I know how to look her up right now. Im sure others will know but she is your best bet. 15 bucks for 2 I think.
__________________
Cold air induction cai, ported throttle body, Vitesse Throttle Control, Oracle Ghosted LED side markers
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #5
WIPLASH
WIPLASH
 
WIPLASH's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 SW/2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Just say SS. Doesn't matter if you have a 1LE package. Just like RS package
My attempt at humor may have missed the mark. I'm looking for the insert for the switchblade. They're out there, but dealers haven't the faintest idea where to get them, nor are they in their catalogs.
__________________
1" BMR lowering springs | CAI | SW LTH | BTR Stage 3 camshaft | Stage 2 LSA Supercharger | LSX376 B8
664whp/624tq
WIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #6
WIPLASH
WIPLASH
 
WIPLASH's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 SW/2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post
I think Becky Rogers Chevrolet has them. Don't quote me on the spelling but its something like that. She posted in the free giveaway section only way I know how to look her up right now. Im sure others will know but she is your best bet. 15 bucks for 2 I think.
Thanks, man - I've talked with her before. I appreciate it!
__________________
1" BMR lowering springs | CAI | SW LTH | BTR Stage 3 camshaft | Stage 2 LSA Supercharger | LSX376 B8
664whp/624tq
WIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #7
Venomous
 
Venomous's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Silver Camaro 1lt RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: DFW
Posts: 287
__________________
Cold air induction cai, ported throttle body, Vitesse Throttle Control, Oracle Ghosted LED side markers
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:56 PM   #8
JerTM

 
JerTM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,266
TSB DOC# #15-09-83-001A
PART NUMBER: 23345002

Make and appointment with your service department, let them know you are unhappy with the appearance of the fob after the recall has been done, and provide them with this TSB# so they can order the parts you need. Parts and labor are covered by GM.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:02 PM   #9
paul84043

 
paul84043's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lehi, Utah
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by huligan View Post
My attempt at humor may have missed the mark. I'm looking for the insert for the switchblade. They're out there, but dealers haven't the faintest idea where to get them, nor are they in their catalogs.
Like a U2 spy plane that one went over....

I'm interested in this as well, I think I'll go chat with my dealer about it..
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #10
WIPLASH
WIPLASH
 
WIPLASH's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 SW/2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
TSB DOC# #15-09-83-001A
PART NUMBER: 23345002

Make and appointment with your service department, let them know you are unhappy with the appearance of the fob after the recall has been done, and provide them with this TSB# so they can order the parts you need. Parts and labor are covered by GM.
__________________
1" BMR lowering springs | CAI | SW LTH | BTR Stage 3 camshaft | Stage 2 LSA Supercharger | LSX376 B8
664whp/624tq
WIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #11
SinginHawk
 
SinginHawk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2LT
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: California
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
TSB DOC# #15-09-83-001A
PART NUMBER: 23345002

Make and appointment with your service department, let them know you are unhappy with the appearance of the fob after the recall has been done, and provide them with this TSB# so they can order the parts you need. Parts and labor are covered by GM.
I paid for them about a week ago at the dealership that I went to. How can I prove to them that they should have paid for it?
__________________


2015 2LT w/: SS Carbon Hood, Z/28 Carbon Diffuser, SS Bumper, 1LE Carbon Splitter, Phastek U-Halo Headlights, ZL1 NPP Exhaust, Fade-to-Black Gills
SinginHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:45 PM   #12
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot
 
Demon War Horse's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: N.Texas
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by huligan View Post
I've been to probably 5 dealerships over the last 8 months and each parts guy looks at me like I asked him what a 1LE is.
[blank stare]
If you have one of these or know where I can get them, please send me a PM or post it up here. My forum research shows most get them from a dealer, but dealers seem to have no clue (insert joke here).
Thanks!
Maureen at Rodgers got me mine for like $6 or $10 (honestly don't remember) shipped.
__________________
COTW 09/07/2015 - 2014 AGM 2SS/RS - Click Sig Pic below for for Demon War Horse's Build Thread

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:29 PM   #13
JerTM

 
JerTM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinginHawk View Post
I paid for them about a week ago at the dealership that I went to. How can I prove to them that they should have paid for it?
It's in that TSB. It's called "customer enthusiasm" which can go to really any mileage or age of vehicle. But it is at the dealerships discretion. Having said that, the dealership and tech get paid for this so there is no real reason for them to deny it.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:09 PM   #14
Whoomba
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 371
My solution? Keep the switchblade key.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.