Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #1
KahunaSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
2011 Camaro 2SS Can Not Burn Out & Low Idle

i have a 2011 AUTOMATIC ss camaro and i have been trying to break the tires loose and i can't do a burn out to save my life.. only time i can get a little spin is if I'm in a sharp turn or in dirt... If i hit the brake and gas it it will spin a little before stopping.. Basically I'm losing power and it feels sluggish,, I did a fuse pull #5 and #20 (overnight) and still nothing,, I put on a CAI and still nothing,, I replaced the Maf sensor and still nothing,, Went to the dealer and had it test driven by service tech and he said the car does feel sluggish and it is bogging out when you punch it, so he made a report and is said he will look into it...., Its killing me.... I have babied the car it has 37,000 miles and i wanna have some fun now, The car always meet my expectations on the highway when speeding and racing cars in motion but on take off it sucks!!! My friends V6 feels stronger on take off. I also have taken of TC and ST and BOTH and put it in Comp mode.. STILL NOTHING!! Can anybody help me?? I have looked al under my hood for something and nothing,.,, No lights on or anything. I don't sometimes get a rpm jump from 1st into 2nd.. car shifts at 2000-3000 rpms and sometimes it jumps to 5000 and catches,.. also the car idles at 400 to 550 rpms up and down,, PLEASE HELP!!!!! I would just start adding things but i still have power train warranty till 100,000 miles
KahunaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #2
rebelyell22
V1 Rotate

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
You are running premium, right? Hold the traction control for 10 seconds. It shuts it all off
Old 07-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Yes what kind of gas?
Have you owned it since new?
You shouldn't have to turn everything off -
What kind of tires do you have and how hot is it in South Jeresy?

-PoorMansCamaro
i2disturbedSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:58 PM   #4
TommyTheCat
TEAMLFX

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I've heard a lot of related problems even on the ZL1s. I think they were all automatics, too. Maybe do a search and someone found a solution.

TommyTheCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 AM   #5
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
The L99s start off in 2nd gear. So if you use your paddle shifter and bring it down to 1st gear it should help out more.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:14 AM   #6
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
I noticed the same thing in the 2013 Automatic SS Convertible I rented in Arizona. It had pretty worn P-Zeros on the back and from a stop there really wasn't any tire spinning action going on. It wouldn't do a burnout either like you said.

I felt like the torque management or something maybe had something to do with, but not sure. First gear didn't really make any huge difference when I tried manual mode either.
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
Flowmaster American Thunder catback
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune
421HP/420TQ
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:37 AM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
You must be blowing the doors off against your friends if you car is Hooking all the time and all they do is spin when they floor it. There is just one little thing you are probably not doing right, these car will burn some rubber if you learn how to do it.

These threads confuse me a lot because you get one thread they someone cannot do a burnout and another thread where they cannot get the car to hook at all. I know I would be happy as hell if my car hooked up no matter how hard I hit the pedal.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #8
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
It isn't that hard to do a burnout I don't know why these threads keep coming up. Turn off traction control............foot on the brake.....give it gas hard enough to break the tires loose.........regulate the tire spin and that's how you do a burnout.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #9
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
LS3 ftmfw
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #10
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
OP: you car is idle fine, your right in range.

I have no issue lighting my L99, and that's without turning any nannies off, in fact I can chirp all the way up to 4th. Grant it I am tuned and that made the biggest difference.

Last edited by nyrfan; 07-16-2014 at 07:40 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #11
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post

I have no issue lighting my L99, and that's without turning any nannies off, in fact I can chirp all the way up to 5th. Grant it I am tuned and that made the biggest difference.
oh yea...speaking of chirping...chirp this......http://youtu.be/ozDDYcyrCNE

K@N CAI....Vmax ported throttlebody...JBA shorty headers...SOLO hi flow cats....JBA Powercables...Magnaflow competition exhaust.
rontammy0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:38 AM   #12
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
wtf
Old 07-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #13
Duke

Drives: Red SS/RS
Quote:

I have no issue lighting my L99, and that's without turning any nannies off, in fact I can chirp all the way up to 5th. Grant it I am tuned and that made the biggest difference.
If you get a a chirp, then you are not running Pirelli's. What tire do you have on the rear.

I am still running Pirelli's and they are dead silent. Frankly, I'm tired of the silence.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #14
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
If you get a a chirp, then you are not running Pirelli's. What tire do you have on the rear.

I am still running Pirelli's and they are dead silent. Frankly, I'm tired of the silence.
I am running the stock PZERO's. For the record I meant to say up to 4th, not 5th.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #15
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
wtf
Now that some good chirping............heres some more....http://youtu.be/1hLx5pzOdrM

K@N CAI....Vmax ported throttlebody...JBA shorty headers...SOLO hi flow cats....JBA Powercables...Magnaflow competition exhaust.
rontammy0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #16
MYBADSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible L99
Problem is they ship the L99's with 3.24 rear end gears for CAFE MPG. I put the 3.91 gears in mine and brand new 305/35/20 Pzeros WILL chirp slightly going from first to second with traction control turned off. I don't smoke 'em in first they cost way too much. :-)
MYBADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #17
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
You are running premium, right? Hold the traction control for 10 seconds. It shuts it all off
I have been running premium since i have owned it.. I bought it with 15,000 miles on it.. since i have had it i haven't really tried to burn tires just speeding down the highway a bit.... She moves but now i noticed on a stand still i punch it and it hesitates a bit before taking off.. Even when holding down the button it still shows no improvement. Only time i can tell a difference is if i take a corner when i hit that button and the car fish tales.. so i know the TC and the other light is working properly.. Even in Competitive mode ( when you tap it 2 times on a ss) still no improvement ,,, I did a fuse pull too.. I don't know if the previous owner beat the piss out of it before selling and screwed something up but i still have a warranty on the car so i want to fix it before it runs out...
Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #18
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
It isn't that hard to do a burnout I don't know why these threads keep coming up. Turn off traction control............foot on the brake.....give it gas hard enough to break the tires loose.........regulate the tire spin and that's how you do a burnout.
I know how to do a burn out I'm saying my car won't.. i turned off all the the safety features and it won't do anything.. i slam the gas and all i do is take off.. With TC on and TC off is the same,., Comp mode too.. i even power brake it and i can get a little something but I'm not trying to break the car.. The car should burn when i slam that pedal with no traction control on. Im not asking how to do a burn out I'm asking what could be causing the lack of power.. The dealer even said the car feels like its hesitating and is losing power when you hit the gas.. He is looking up what it could be. But you know dealers, They will sit there and scratch their ass and let my warranty run out before they want to fix the real problem..
Old 07-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #19
KahunaSS

know how to do a burn out I'm saying my car won't.. i turned off all the the safety features and it won't do anything.. i slam the gas and all i do is take off.. With TC on and TC off is the same,., Comp mode too.. i even power brake it and i can get a little something but I'm not trying to break the car.. The car should burn when i slam that pedal with no traction control on. Im not asking how to do a burn out I'm asking what could be causing the lack of power.. The dealer even said the car feels like its hesitating and is losing power when you hit the gas.. He is looking up what it could be. But you know dealers, They will sit there and scratch their ass and let my warranty run out before they want to fix the real problem..
Old 07-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #20
M3hta1

Drives: 14 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post

M3hta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #21
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Something's wrong with your car and you know it....I can smoke mine from a roll.I never touch the brakes.Mine's stock except for an air intake and axle back.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #22
KahunaSS

2011 ss no burn outs low idle

i just want every to know i do know how to burn out, I already know about the traction button tricks the comp mode everything. I tried the fuse pull, I run premium all the time.. I even go out of my way to get named brand gas not gas from the cheap gas stations... no ticks or toks from the engine just sits at a very low idle.. lower the 500 rpms sometimes .. it starts off at 1200 rpms and then lowers down to under the 500 mark and goes up and down slightly form 400 to maybe 550.. usually stays under 500 though.. i just want to know what could cause a lack of power to create a issue like this? could it be the rear? could it be the TB? maybe a spark plugs? i have no lights on what so ever.. its driving me crazy..http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...es/mad0259.gif
Old 07-16-2014, 08:20 AM   #23
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
Something's wrong with your car and you know it....I can smoke mine from a roll.I never touch the brakes.Mine's stock except for an air intake and axle back.
i know something is wrong but these dealers are morons,, He even said the car is bogging out when you slam the gas.. Im going in today to see what the problem is. A lot of these people here say do a fuse pull but it didn't do jack S***. same thing. I noticed a small amount of power when i got my CAI but not enough to spin.. i want to set the damn thing on fire and get a new one.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #24
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post

still have the stock pirelli's on.. actually just bought new ones about 2 months back.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #25
DiGiam

Drives: 2014 camaro 1SS/RS A6
Any hesitation/bogging while driving at normal speed or is this only launching and trying to do burnouts?
DiGiam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wrong subforum