Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-27-2016, 10:09 PM   #1
Sandman799

Drives: Baby is a 2014 Black Camaro LS2/2LS
V6/V8/Supercharged!!! They're ALL CAMARO'S

TELL US YOUR CAMARO STORY, WHY you bought a V6 instead of a V8? We don't need or want to hear V6 bashing so if you don't have something good or constructive to say then please say it elsewhere, what upgrades or mods have you done or are you planning on doing? The following is my Camaro V6 LS2 Story let's hear yours...

First I have to say that even though I have a V6 Camaro it still turns heads everywhere, I mean you should see the way people look at her and the things they say, all of which have been good and flattering, people go out of their way to stop and say nice car she is a beautiful car and so on, or two girls walking out of Walmart and my wife was walking just in front of them and they slowed down and said whoa look at that, now that's classy, that's muscle and that's a beautiful car, so here's the thing, she's pretty much stock except a small set of orange claw marks over the passenger hood and headlight that was professionally done, so people that see all the pretty pretty Camaros out there don't care if it's a V6 or a V8, they just love to look at them, when I bought fireworks and the clerk helped me carry them all to the car he stopped and said that's my favorite car, it's my dream car and it looks like an every day bat mobile, I mean come on guys your you just can't beat a Camaro for looks and performance, and the attention they get is astonishing, mines black, maybe that helps a little? But it does get attention and a lot of it

So here's my thing, and I gotta say that Camaro owners have always been a close knit group, at least the last two times I had owned a nice Camaro we all got along and it didn't matter what model or trim package or the engine the car had, we all just love to have our Camaros and rarely did anyone make digs about someone else's Camaro.

But now comes the Gen 5 Camaro and all of the sudden Camaro owners are making digs about how much better their Camaro is because it's got the V8 and the other guys Camaro is a joke because it's got a wimpy V6 or a supercharged Camaro owner says the regular V8 Camaro is slow compared to his supercharger and yada yada yada!!!!! Well here the thing folks if you park a V6 next to a V8 equipped Camaro 99% of people passing by aren't going to know there's a difference and they will look at both cars and say man that's a beautiful car, they aren't going to go say can I see under the hood and see the engine before I say one is prettier or better then the other??? No they just look at the beautiful lines and aggressive stance and say now that's classic American muscle, so I hate to sound like a advertising poster or tv ad but were ALL Camaro owners, all of us so can't we just get along and say yes your car is just as nice as mine and mine is no better or worse then then yours, all Camaros are incredible and amazing vehicles and they made the 5th gen look so good that I no longer dream of buying and restoring an old 68 to 70 classic Camaro because man I love my Baby and she is black and fast and makes me think of my old 1985 IROC-Z28 and I am so very happy to own another Camaro, it even has a year of the factory Bumper to bumper warranty plus the dealership threw in an aftermarket 3 year 36,000 mile top to bottom? front to back, inside and outside everything covered warranty, so I have a factory bumper to bumper warranty and a better then factory warranty and an amazing little muscle car? So what follows is her story!!!!

For my birthday slash Father's Day present my wife and I bought a very slightly used 2014 Camaro LS2 with the V6 and an automatic transmission. My first Camaro was as a Black 1985 Camaro IROC-Z28 and you want to talk about a badass Camaro, when the IROC Organization took the 1985 Z-28 to sponsor that was a Camaro for the ages, mine was one of the first 100 out of the factory from the first year they sponsored the Z-28 in 1985 and I loved that car until my ex wife ended up with it, then I had an older 1970's Camaro and it was a great Camaro too and both my old Camaros had the beefed up V8's, but my new Baby has the 3.6 Liter 323HP V6 217CI engine and I am very happy with it

When I was shopping around for a new or new used car I looked at three top muscle cars, the Challenger, the Mustang, and of course the Camaro, I was leaning towards the Dodge Challenger because I had already owned two Camaros before and the mustang just didn't do it for me, and then I came across this beautiful Black Camaro, As soon as I saw it I said that's the car I want, so I called the dealer and had them hold it while I drove to the city and started the buying process, before I left I went over the cars details and features and mileage and all that stuff and saw it had the V6 with 20,000 miles on it with a year left on the bumper to bumper warranty, I almost decided not to buy it but As soon as I saw it I had the have it, I started researching the V6 2014 Camaro LS2 and discovered they are highly tunable little engines and with a little work you can easily get 450 to 500 horsepower or more out of that V6, you can buy a bolt on hidden supercharger that gives it an instant 150 HP gain so that alone puts it up to 473 HP and that's one mod, and you can't find many production sports cars with a V8 that have 323 HP stock so I went and bought my V6 Camaro and you know what I love that car, I always wanted to replace my IROC-Z28 with another fast Black Camaro and now I have, it just so happens it gets 25 mpg city and over 30 mpg highway, So far I have only done a couple things to her, because I've only had her a month so far but stay tuned, in my opinion most Camaros are perfect and need very little in the way of cosmetic upgrades because they are pretty cars.

I have a few future upgrades in mind, I am not looking to push mine up to 500 and 600 HP even though it's highly doable, I'm just pushing for the 400 to 450 HP mark and that's plenty for me, but here's the thing these can already do a 0 to 60 time of 5 to 6 seconds or better? And they do it with 22/35 MPG and if you beef her up to over 400 HP she won't loose much in the way of gas mileage, but you can make your gas mileage lower if you must? so anyway so far I've only done a couple things to her but I have only owned her for a month so far, two of the easiest upgrades to do are spark plugs and an air intake, I went with the E3 3.74 DiamondFIRE spark plugs, I bought them locally for $6.00 a plug, these plugs love the k awesome and the specs are impressive but I was a little skeptical but I went with them anyway and I am glad I did, they were easy to install and took a half hour to complete, another upgrade I added was a K&N Typhoon performance air intake kit, K&N has been around for decades and know how to do performance intakes, there might be more expensive or more elaborate intakes out there but you can't go wrong by with their intakes, one thing I did do different with the K&N intake that isn't standard was to insulate the inside of the AirBox with heat shielding material and I might do the outside too just found r an extra measure of heat protection, it helps deflect heat away from the filter, I also insulated the bottom and engine side of the metal intake tube to also deflect heat in that area too, because cooler air mean better running engine, more power, better throttle response, and better gas mileage, so with just those two upgrades I've added another 10 to 15 HP conservatively, the specs on the intake and plugs say 20+ in hp gains but I prefer to be conservative, I've also gained fuel mileage, I reset my vehicle fuel mileage display and my OT2 performance monitor and filled the tank to calculate accurate mileage, and so far I've gained almond 5 to 6 mpg just around town and on the highway a little more.

I also plan to add headers, new performance exhaust, and mufflers and a throttle management setup and maybe a tune after winter, yes it's still summer but I'm not able to get all that bought and installed right now? As for the body and looks I'll add new wheels and tires next spring when I bring her out from her winter storage and maybe a spoiler too? I also plan on an interior upgrade to leather katzskin seat coverings in black with red panels, the car is black with red/orange accents so the black and red leather interior package only seems right..

So anyway guys and girls I wanna know about your Camaros, even if you have a V8 we won't hold it against you, we just wish you got better fuel mileage like we do

BC
Sandman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:17 PM   #2
failshift

Tell us why you picked what you picked. But don't tell us the truth because words hurt

Instagram:@Failshift
625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/55684050767758/
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #3
failshift

But to play along-

http://www.lsxmag.com/news/one-of-a-...d-2013-camaro/
625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
Old 07-27-2016, 10:32 PM   #4
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:41 PM   #5
Jpar890

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Tl;dr, anyone have cliff notes for that wall of text?
Jpar890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:43 PM   #6
failshift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpar890 View Post

Fishing for validation after buying v6. Kinda like every other post ever
625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
Old 07-27-2016, 10:46 PM   #7
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpar890 View Post
Why didn't you use periods in your wall of text?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:49 PM   #8
Pi kappa alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
Fishing for validation after buying v6. Kinda like every other post ever
Yeah it's clear he's insecure about his purchase. Probably one of the most bizarre threads/posts I've seen on here. Imagine the time OP took to gather his thoughts and write all that.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:55 PM   #9
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Not this $hit again.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:57 PM   #10
failshift

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Not this $hit again.

625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
Old 07-27-2016, 11:08 PM   #11
Pi kappa alpha

Once you include the costs of mods and installation you could've had a 2ss which is what you're trying to build with the v6.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:13 PM   #12
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 Coupe
Couldn't agree with you more on you original statement, they are all Camaros. Everyone buys the version they did based on any number of factors. I also agree with your statement about parking a V6 next to a V8, (most) people don't know the difference. IMO, if you chose to buy a Camaro, regardless of version, you made the right the choice. I, choose to buy the 2SS/RS for a lot of (personal) reasons, but you will never hear me say anything derogatory/negative about someone else's choice or try to justify my choice to any other Camaro owner ... I'm 100% with you, I don't get the 'digs' from fellow owners as to what version/model someone bought; they are all a great choice verses their counter parts.

Al that being said, if you wanted the HP you've indicated, cost wise, again IMO, it would have been more cost effective to go with a V8 to start out with.

Enjoy your ride & I look forward to hearing more about the mods you alluded to and the HP you achieve

Last edited by Welker2; 07-27-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Welker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:14 PM   #13
gzobian

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE 2SS/RS NPP NAV RECAROs
Come on, this is now a weekly topic? We just went thru one of these last week. Can't we all just drop the bs and go enjoy the cars we own?
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2016, 11:23 PM   #14
gzobian

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE 2SS/RS NPP NAV RECAROs
BTW OP, you have a LFX motor introduced in 2012. You can't put headers on it. Congrats on your car. More driving and less typing always puts a perma-grin on my face.