Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #477
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,210
Really doesn't look that bad, but I guess on a 22" wheel it does make a difference. Definitely want them smoot as possible. You could try spinning the tire 180 deg on the wheel. We used to do that back in the day when it took a lot of weight to balance them.

After looking at it again the outer edge doesn't look bad but if you look at the drum part it's definitely a bit out of round. Best to look at it from the inside on a wheel balancer and use a screwdriver or tool to hold steady on the wheel.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #478
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,830
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
they will get it figured out and fixed. its just going to take some time.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #479
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
they will get it figured out and fixed. its just going to take some time.


Probably a good thing to keep the wheels away from the rest of PQ's fingers....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #480
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post


Probably a good thing to keep the wheels away from the rest of PQ's fingers....


I'll live wire a wall socket before I mess with those rims again.

On their way to Savini now.

I still say that if the wheel and tire have a low or flat spot and are bouncing, it's got to affect the ride. Kind of like using an egg for a wheel. The car will go up and down.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #481
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
BTW, I spun my 21 inch wheel before I took it off and it was true and perfect. No hopping what so ever. Had a guy at the tire shop tell me to just get used to the vibration. As long as you roll on 22s you will always have vibration. Not just a stiffer ride, but vibration.



__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #482
redman
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: mi
Posts: 71
Good luck with the vibration fix. Seems that some QA may be needed at the wheel maker. Three of four wheels out of round is not a good record.
redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #483
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,860
I hear pro's cuss all day, but it's a rare treat to hear bones snap... Spike, can you loop about 2 or 3 seconds of the snap?

I can laugh because I did something similar years ago, only it was more of a crush between 2 steel plates... Like squishing a cockroach.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #484
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
BTW, I spun my 21 inch wheel before I took it off and it was true and perfect. No hopping what so ever. Had a guy at the tire shop tell me to just get used to the vibration. As long as you roll on 22s you will always have vibration. Not just a stiffer ride, but vibration.



If that is true, I'd better cancel my order. Nine Ball told me his 22s run just fine.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #485
Ltdodge

 
Ltdodge's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Z06
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo, Florida
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
If that is true, I'd better cancel my order. Nine Ball told me his 22s run just fine.
i had forged 3 piece 22" wheels on my srt and had no vibration ran perfect at 160 mph.....

i bent it on a pot hole and had it repaired and had no problems with any vibrations.

i had 22" wheel son my dodge truck (not forged) and I had no issues with vibrations either

his wheels are probably defective
__________________
Ltdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #486
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
I'm not really too worried. I'm sure they'll be fine. I think something must have happened to PQ's wheel during shipping. Maybe the circus transported their elephants on top of them.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #487
Ltdodge

 
Ltdodge's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Z06
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo, Florida
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'm not really too worried. I'm sure they'll be fine. I think something must have happened to PQ's wheel during shipping. Maybe the circus transported their elephants on top of them.
yeah...here is a pic of my previous ride with 22's

__________________
Ltdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #488
Nine Ball


 
Nine Ball's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 & 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,846
That Charger looks great. Same wheel style with the brushed center would look equally nice on your Camaro.

Quote:
Had a guy at the tire shop tell me to just get used to the vibration. As long as you roll on 22s you will always have vibration. Not just a stiffer ride, but vibration.
I wouldn't go back to that tire shop. BS! Think about it, even the Escalade comes from the factory with 22s.
Nine Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #489
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Road noise maybe. but vibrations?? no. 22's have been in use long enough for all of us to know that they are as true as a 14" dayton.....


GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #490
Nine Ball


 
Nine Ball's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 & 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,846
BTW, your 24" Dayton spokes have been ordered GTAHVIT. Gold ones, just like you asked for.
Nine Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #491
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs
 
SSOOCH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Jordan, UT
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Keep the 21"!!!
__________________
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #492
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by redman View Post
Good luck with the vibration fix. Seems that some QA may be needed at the wheel maker. Three of four wheels out of round is not a good record.
I'm trusting they will get it right. It really does suck because it cost 327.00 to ship them back.

Name:  scan0002.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  211.9 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I hear pro's cuss all day, but it's a rare treat to hear bones snap... Spike, can you loop about 2 or 3 seconds of the snap?

I can laugh because I did something similar years ago, only it was more of a crush between 2 steel plates... Like squishing a cockroach.
My hand hurts worse today than any time so far. Saw an ortho today. Have to have a pin put in. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
If that is true, I'd better cancel my order. Nine Ball told me his 22s run just fine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdodge View Post
i had forged 3 piece 22" wheels on my srt and had no vibration ran perfect at 160 mph.....

i bent it on a pot hole and had it repaired and had no problems with any vibrations.

i had 22" wheel son my dodge truck (not forged) and I had no issues with vibrations either

his wheels are probably defective

I hope I can be confident in them after this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'm not really too worried. I'm sure they'll be fine. I think something must have happened to PQ's wheel during shipping. Maybe the circus transported their elephants on top of them.
Or it was because they rushed them for the fest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
I wouldn't go back to that tire shop. BS! Think about it, even the Escalade comes from the factory with 22s.
Well, in fairness, the guys who said that were just laborers who weren't familiar with my case. But, ya, I'll be going somewhere else because they still scratched the damn rims up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
BTW, your 24" Dayton spokes have been ordered GTAHVIT. Gold ones, just like you asked for.
..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!! A seriously lauged me ass off.........................
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #493
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Oh, and let it not be said that I didn't pack them well. lol

Put them in boxes and packed with styrofoam at the ups store after this.

Name:  100_0768.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  165.6 KB

Name:  100_0766.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  181.8 KB

Name:  100_0767.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  219.7 KB

Name:  100_0765.JPG
Views: 328
Size:  32.3 KB
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for replicas/similar wheels - Please Help! MiamiCane Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 3 03-27-2010 08:20 PM
VIP Forged Wheels For Sale EVS Motors Inc. Wheels / Tires 45 01-19-2010 06:13 PM
Wheels! Your Camaro needs forged wheels. Nine Ball Wheels / Tires 42 12-21-2009 11:51 AM
Anyone in FL replace their wheels? FunkyELF USA - Southeast 1 07-29-2009 06:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.