Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 02-27-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Talking Midnight Silver Touch-up Paint NOW AVAILABLE!!!!

Hey Guys/Gals,
FINALLY!!!! Touch-up paint is available for the Rally Sport 20" Wheels. I've been trying to track down Midnight Silver Paint for quite a while now, with no luck. Well, I went to www.paintscratch.com to buy some Silver Ice Metallic for my Heritage Grille, and there it was!!!! Must be a brand new addition because I've checked this website many times in the past. Anyway it is listed as "Midnight Silver Metallic Clearcoat (Wheels), Paint Code WA263M", and you can get it in many different applications, such as paint pen, small 1 oz. or 2 oz. bottle, or in larger spray can, pretty much whatever you want.
I can't say for sure how well this is going to match, but this is the first company I've seen selling the stuff, so I ordered a 1 oz. bottle to try it out. I know many people have been looking for this stuff, so just thought I'd let ya'll know. Check it out....

www.paintscratch.com , then select the appropriate catagories for 2010, Chevrolet, Camaro.
it will list ALL associated paint colors.

I'll let ya'll know what I think about the color match after I try it out.
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.

Last edited by blazzin1; 02-27-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: corrections...
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
blazzin1

Wow, I just noticed they even have Synergy Green Paint too!!!! That's pretty quick!!!
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
i ordered what they told me was the correct touch-up for the painted silver wheels, and it ended up not being even close. i checked with the dealer and there isnt even a paint code for the PS :(
Old 03-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #4
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
i ordered what they told me was the correct touch-up for the painted silver wheels, and it ended up not being even close. i checked with the dealer and there isnt even a paint code for the PS :(
Which paint did they give you for the regular "Painted Silver" wheels? I see on their website, other than the Midnight Silver, they list a "Sterling Silver (matt) WA569F", and a "Bavarian Silver Metallic Clearcoat (wheel) WA9752". I remember reading on this forum a while back that the Bavarian Silver was supposedly very close to the Midnight Silver, but now that they have BOTH listed, I can't help but wonder if the Bavarian Silver is not the lighter color silver for the Non-RS wheels???
Oh well, I guess we'll see how good their Midnight Silver matches up with my wheels, it should be getting sent out this week!!! Although, I might have to wait a while to apply the paint, they say it's best to apply the paint in at least 70 deg temps. It's definitely not that warm in my garage yet!!!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
Tecca

Drives: ...
FYI, as I have purchased this already from paintscratch it is not a true match it blends in fine but you can still tell the differences. Especially with the flakes and the sheen.

I have been dealing directly with people at Spraylat and honestly we will never have a true match. Thier exact words are "My recommendation would be to take it back to the dealer and insist on them replacing the rim"

Take it as you will as this is the closest to a commercial match but still a tad off, I think for a small scrape it will be fine but something larger I wouldn't even bother.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Which paint did they give you for the regular "Painted Silver" wheels? I see on their website, other than the Midnight Silver, they list a "Sterling Silver (matt) WA569F", and a "Bavarian Silver Metallic Clearcoat (wheel) WA9752". I remember reading on this forum a while back that the Bavarian Silver was supposedly very close to the Midnight Silver, but now that they have BOTH listed, I can't help but wonder if the Bavarian Silver is not the lighter color silver for the Non-RS wheels???
Oh well, I guess we'll see how good their Midnight Silver matches up with my wheels, it should be getting sent out this week!!! Although, I might have to wait a while to apply the paint, they say it's best to apply the paint in at least 70 deg temps. It's definitely not that warm in my garage yet!!!!!
I think it was Sterling Silver (matt) WA569F
Old 03-02-2010, 05:07 AM   #7
merlin803

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Camaro 2SS RS
Excuse my ignorance (it has no boundaries, lol) but can these MS rims rust if they have a deep enough scratch or chip?
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #8
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin803 View Post
Excuse my ignorance (it has no boundaries, lol) but can these MS rims rust if they have a deep enough scratch or chip?
No, I think we're probably safe from that. They should be made of Aluminum, so a gouge or deep scratch wouldn't rust.