Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:23 AM   #1
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Military Discount?

I'm currently Active Duty in the U.S. Air Force. I've heard about the military discount for GM. But I'm not sure exactly what the discount offers. How much am I looking at saving by using the discount to purchase my Camaro SS next spring?

I'm stationed in Phoenix, AZ right now. So I am conus if that helps.
Thanks in advance!
Ryan

p.s. I've been reading these boards for a few weeks now. I find myself checking it everyday to make sure I don't miss out on any new details Awesome website for 5Gen Camaro folks.
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

Drives: HeAviLy MoDDeD 2010 SS CaMaRo!
I beleive it's like $1500. Thats what I heard but it could be a rumor...
Old 09-16-2008, 06:18 AM   #3
HotRodPilot

Drives: 1999 Suzuki Wagon R
$500 - thats what GM and Ford have been offering for a long time
HotRodPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #4
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
www.gmmilitarydiscount.com

if employee pricing continues you won't need the military discount. unless the dealer gives you a 500 or such military discount. but as of right now it's supplier pricing for military members. go to the site print the code and take it to the dealer.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #5
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
This is the correct answer. However, Employee Pricing WILL NOT be an option next spring. It will be over at the end of this month and will not be extended again.

Millitary discount is supplier rate. Should be around $500 over invoice. If there is a dealer that does not want to honor it, I would threaten to go to GM about it. Dealers can get in trouble for not honoring GM incentives. It's no different than a dealer trying to keep a rebate.
KarlChev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #6
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
As long as I own Pedders there will be a 10% discount for those that serve our country in uniform. It would be disappointing and disturbing if a Pedders Dealer did not want to honor the program. I am certain that GM would feel the same way about their military program.

Thank you for the service you provide to our country and for the sacrifices your family makes while you serve.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
As long as I own Pedders there will be a 10% discount for those that serve our country in uniform. It would be disappointing and disturbing if a Pedders Dealer did not want to honor the program. I am certain that GM would feel the same way about their military program.

Thank you for the service you provide to our country and for the sacrifices your family makes while you serve.
::Takes note of first place to shop for mods::

:flag2:
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
This is the correct answer. However, Employee Pricing WILL NOT be an option next spring. It will be over at the end of this month and will not be extended again.
Never say WILL NOT. Will not makes for a dismal Oct / Nov & Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
Millitary discount is supplier rate. Should be around $500 over invoice. If there is a dealer that does not want to honor it, I would threaten to go to GM about it. Dealers can get in trouble for not honoring GM incentives. It's no different than a dealer trying to keep a rebate.
Then again, after a few months, more than likely, some dealers will be selling less than that. :flag2:
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:23 AM   #9
Ry4nVan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

That's really nice of you to say that. I appreciate it! I take great pride in what I do.

I should hopefully be done with my bachelor's degree by next spring. So the Camaro will be a graduation gift to myself
Old 09-17-2008, 12:34 AM   #10
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Drives: 78 Camaro, 00 Tahoe, 10 Cobalt
Send a message via MSN to Zieke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post

I should hopefully be done with my bachelor's degree by next spring. So the Camaro will be a graduation gift to myself
Are you going to be an officer, or are you one already?

Joined Active Navy: 10-28-08
Zieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #11
Ry4nVan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieke View Post
Are you going to be an officer, or are you one already?
No, I'm enlisted right now (E-5). But once my degree is done, I'm going to apply for a pilots slot and hopefully recieve my commission. (Crossin' my fingers)

Last edited by Ry4nVan; 09-17-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #12
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
on the back of the current Navy Times theres a Camaro/GM add!! clean pic of the camaro and some text bout the military discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post
No, I'm enlisted right now (E-5). But once my degree is done, I'm going to apply for a pilots slot and hopefully recieve my commision. (Crossin' my fingers)
good luck with that bro! i'm in aviation myself- enlisted naval Aircrew. i gotta say that next to Spec Ops, aviation is the best gig in the military
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:39 AM   #13
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Military pricing for a sticker of 30-35k is usually between 2500-3000 off MSRP.
The dealer is NOT required to honor that price!! (small print on website)
My dealer is honoring, however, Chevy marketing does not have any details yet.
Check with your dealer to confirm they will honor the price when/if it becomes available.
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #14
UHP-CAMARO

Drives: Traded this for a 2013 ZL1
WTF! I retired from the United States Army in 1995, with over 20 years of service and can't get the Military Discount.

I called GM and verified that my past service to the nation is apparently not appreciated.

But I refuse to cross over to the dark side in rebellion. Camaro all the way!
UHP-CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #15
mrpre10der

gm supplier ?

someone wrote up above if gm allows supplier discount and your dealer dont except it what can u do. if i threaten him now with that and i ordered it .can he take back my order. i mean he can tell me he is getting 1ss and 3rs when im second for a ss

Last edited by mrpre10der; 10-17-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #16
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by UHP-CAMARO View Post
WTF! I retired from the United States Army in 1995, with over 20 years of service and can't get the Military Discount.

I called GM and verified that my past service to the nation is apparently not appreciated.

But I refuse to cross over to the dark side in rebellion. Camaro all the way!
Hey, did you ever have your cars on the Utah F-Body Association site? I think I remember seeing them five or six years ago.
erasedgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #17
UHP-CAMARO

Drives: Traded this for a 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasedgod View Post
Hey, did you ever have your cars on the Utah F-Body Association site? I think I remember seeing them five or six years ago.
Off topic a bit but in answer to your question Yes.

I sold the 1992 UHP Camaro. I still have the 2002 but it has a lot more changes since then.

It's at STS now getting the Turbo system replaced with the updated Kit. I should get it back the first of next week.

I'm going with a Ball Bearing Turbo this time. With bigger injectors and an intercooler. In fact a complete kit front to back and top to bottom. Rick Squires himself is going to redo the tune. Which will do away with the MAF.

I can't wait to get it on a Dyno. It was putting down 535HP to the wheels with 8lbs boost and methonal before. I will most likely run 7lbs low and 10lbs on high. It will be intersting to see how it preforms.

The UHP Troopers that use the car should be impressed I think.
UHP-CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #18
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
That's awesome. I saw your avatar and immediately remembered seeing pictures of both of those cars side by side.

I was in high school at the time and couldn't afford an F-body of my own, but a friend of mine was showing me the UFBA site and I saw your cars. A couple tours in Iraq later and I've got myself a decent (although still almost stock) Trans Am.

You'll have to PM me the numbers when you dyno it.

I guess you guys can have your thread back now.
erasedgod is offline   Reply With Quote