Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dynomax
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
IceCreamGuys

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Onstar Virtual Advisor

Just wanted to ask...

When I signed up with my Onstar account online, a small box popped up telling me "Congratulations on your new Cadillac Purchase" and then something about being able to use Onstar Virtual Advisor (Traffic, Weather, and Stocks) unlimited for the first year of ownership.

The dealer knew nothing of this, so I called Onstar while I was driving and asked the same. They informed me that this was not the case and if I used any of these features, I would be using my Onstar Personal Calling minutes.

So.. I tried it out. As soon as the weather was reported, I checked my minutes to find that they had not changed.

So - to jump ahead, I have checked the weather and traffic everyday (or multiple times a day) for the past two weeks, and my available minutes have not decreased.

So, I tried to make a phone call using my personal calling minutes, and then checked my available minutes shortly after to find that my minutes STILL had not decreased! (And NO, I wasn't using my bluetooth phone at the time)

So, has anyone else used this feature to find the same results as me? Or, do we get billed monthly / weekly / etc. on the minutes used?

Thanks for the answers, in advance.
IceCreamGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
joeaux
Kicker!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2LT/RS
Uh, I don't think the VA and the calling minutes are the same thing. If you use the Onstar calling minutes to actually call someone from your car, the radio display will show your minutes being used. At least mine does. I think VA is free for the first year just like the Onstar account is.
-joe-