Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #141
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth
 
Zabo's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Woodhaven, Michigan
Posts: 9,359
Good view of Tach

I'd say that redline starts around 6300, and then gets 'redder' at around 6800. You can see the redline, and then a red crosshatch stripe under it starting around 6800, so maybe it's Tapshift related? IIRC it doesn't automatically shift if you're in M and forget to shift. They also could have bumped the redline for the tapshift..

Anyone also see that the redline actually stops and turns back to white a couple notches before the needle buries itself? Must be GM telling you that the L99 is going supercritical..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #142
yob2kanobe
 
Drives: Corvette ragtop
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 15
They also must not want you going much over 125mph!
yob2kanobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #143
djm96z28

 
djm96z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6040

go look on the sixth page in the upper right hand corner it lists the four options.
Thanks for the wonderful pics everyone! Sounds like the interior colors are still basically the standard GM corporate ones - gray, black, neutral. The color accents are just inserts in specific areas.

I just wish manufacturers would go back to various colors for the entire interiors. When you had a red interior, for example, the dashboard, carpet, door panels, headliner, steering wheel, etc. were all red. Not just black with red inserts. Various interior colors back then really helped cars look more distinct and unique with different interior/exterior color combinations. I'd love to see that trend come back.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #144
rayhawk

 
rayhawk's Avatar
 
Drives: Trailblazer SS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 998
According to the initial spec release, the L99 has a 6000 rpm redline, I think it has slightly less lift on the cam, and I think they limit the redline because the valvetrain on the L99 is heavier and less stable past 6000. As for the lines on the tach, my guess is the production version auto car will have a slightly different redline at 6k.
__________________
Hooters, hooters, yum yum yum, hooters, hooters on a girl thats dumb.
-Al Bundy

07 2WD Trailblazer SS, LS1 E-fans, 4" FWI, pcmforless tune
rayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #145
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 5,280
Added few pics of Corvette ZR1 and GM Heritage Collection Camaro Pace Cars to post #18 in first thread.
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #146
drivingincamaro


 
drivingincamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 civic
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 5,796
i wonder what the orange interior would look like on a orange convertible with black stripes


so whats for today two v6 rs camaro hopefully a vert


IMO i love the orange interior its refreshing to see something else but black interior
__________________
drivingincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #147
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
i wonder what the orange interior would look like on a orange convertible with black stripes


so whats for today two v6 rs camaro hopefully a vert


IMO i love the orange interior its refreshing to see something else but black interior
After yesterday I thought saturday was going to be uneventful....I DON'T THINK SO! This morning the IVER and silver car were there, along with a yeller six-banger RS with the lights on They also had a nice presentation with the managers and design team talking about the cars. Mostly it was old information, but they had some good stories to tell. I'm not going to get into that right now, but shortly you should have some photos of the yeller and red RS (Oh I forgot to mention that one? It was in the presentation room) ...To be continued
P.S. No vert. They say there are so few display cars we were fortunate to get these 4, but they have cars on display near the Camaro's with the same colors slated for the cars. I tried to get close-ups for you photochop guys but it's tuff, lotsa color variation from morning to noon.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #148
2MA
 
2MA's Avatar
 
Drives: 1985 Chevy Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by A79Classic View Post
And for those wondering.. yes.. that was my first post but I have been lurking for over a year.. lol

lol this is my first post on here as well. I'm so excited for the camaro to come out next year. Though I won't be able to buy it till I graduate from college. JUST A YEAR AND A HALF LEFT FOR ME!!! Don't really like the car i have right now and I still never picked out a car myself. This time i'm getting my own car, with my own money, and its gonna be the 2010 (maybe 2011) CAMARO!!! Oh yeah and the people at camaro5.com, you guys are awesome!!! Thanks for providing us with all this info and pics. You guys really should work for GM lol.
2MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #149
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.
 
Wm Holden's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ventura, ca.
Posts: 770
noice!!
__________________
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....



http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #150
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 5,280
EDITED POST #19 with these photos:



























Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #151
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,020
Thanks Tag... They say the car will have a 5 star safety rating, the torque gauge is gone (or is it?) The Z28 is also gone (keep telling us that) Cheryl did say their hands are tied in so many knots from federal laws that it's difficult to build super cars anymore, and while she was commenting on the Z28 you could tell she loves the idea too, as they all did. GM's accessories division is working on LOTS of add-ons that have RPO codes so they can be purchased for dealer install, including 3 diff. colors for interior trim lighting, I think he mentioned ground effects pkg, grill insert, higher rear spoiler, to name a few. He said if you want to know more you should have made it here yourself! lol
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #152
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 WS6
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,424
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Thanks Tag... They say the car will have a 5 star safety rating, the torque gauge is gone (or is it?) The Z28 is also gone (keep telling us that) Cheryl did say their hands are tied in so many knots from federal laws that it's difficult to build super cars anymore, and while she was commenting on the Z28 you could tell she loves the idea too, as they all did. GM's accessories division is working on LOTS of add-ons that have RPO codes so they can be purchased for dealer install, including 3 diff. colors for interior trim lighting, I think he mentioned ground effects pkg, grill insert, higher rear spoiler, to name a few. He said if you want to know more you should have made it here yourself! lol
lol they want us to think the z is gone so we quit bothering them and ford thinks their mustang is awesome
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #153
drivingincamaro


 
drivingincamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 civic
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 5,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
After yesterday I thought saturday was going to be uneventful....I DON'T THINK SO! This morning the IVER and silver car were there, along with a yeller six-banger RS with the lights on They also had a nice presentation with the managers and design team talking about the cars. Mostly it was old information, but they had some good stories to tell. I'm not going to get into that right now, but shortly you should have some photos of the yeller and red RS (Oh I forgot to mention that one? It was in the presentation room) ...To be continued
P.S. No vert. They say there are so few display cars we were fortunate to get these 4, but they have cars on display near the Camaro's with the same colors slated for the cars. I tried to get close-ups for you photochop guys but it's tuff, lotsa color variation from morning to noon.
is there another presentation tomorrow?


was the v6s interior black?
__________________
drivingincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #154
nfamous209
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Join Date: May 2008
Location: patterson, ca
Posts: 413
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
damn one beautiful car. i love that interior. will the feel of the interior be that of the cobalt or of a corvette? the vette has a rather soft touch to the interior doors and dash, where as the cobalt has a hard plastic. hopefully its soft.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Comparison Test, by Proxy: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 AirGoya Chevy Camaro vs... 86 07-24-2008 11:20 AM
Camaro (concept) Press Release!! Pencil.Fight 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 07-21-2008 03:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.