Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
PM me for price.....

/soap box on

Ok, this has been driving me nuts for a while so I gotta ask. Why the hell can't people just post prices on their (already below cost, to low to post, amazing deals) prices? Why do I have to PM four people to find out my local dealer is already as cheap on 1/2 the items?

I understand they don't want another person to post the item $2.00 cheaper, but that's how things go. You don't think a guy selling same thing isn't sending a pm to see what the other guy is selling for?

Thank god gas stations post prices, and you don't have to go to the pump to see.

Thanks for reading my rant...

/getting off my soap box now
Old 03-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
it's like every thing else in this world. If you want something, go work for it (send some PMs). Or you just want everyone to cater to your needs and make it easy. Back in my day, I had to send PM's, up hill, both ways, in the snow!

I like it, everything works well, no arguing about a $1 here nor there. I like engaging the vendors, working one on one with them, and know they care when they respond to PM's. What if you get vendors that just post prices, but never follow up with orders, or questions, or anything you asked, what then.. oh, you have to start sending PM's. To me, sending a PM is just like walking into their store, and having a conversation.

Sorry, I'm on the "Pro" PM side of the fence
Old 03-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
forum rules
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
forum rules
Yup.

Forum rules are such that our Vendors don't post prices openly for a number of reasons. Anymosity is one. Trust me, you don't want public vendor wars.

Also, some guys may get deals that a vendor may not want others to know about because they can't give everyone a certain price and people would get upset. It's a good rule. And I know most of the vendors would prefere it this way.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 11VR2SSA6
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yup.

Forum rules are such that our Vendors don't post prices openly for a number of reasons. Anymosity is one. Trust me, you don't want public vendor wars.

Also, some guys may get deals that a vendor may not want others to know about because they can't give everyone a certain price and people would get upset. It's a good rule. And I know most of the vendors would prefere it this way.
If we had public pricing, we'd lose most of our vendors eventually. We want a friendly atmosphere.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
Apex Chase

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies from product manufacturers prevent vendors from starting public price wars and devaluing a product. I can't say publicly that I'll give you Brand X's gizmo for less than MAP, but if you PM me...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies from product manufacturers prevent vendors from starting public price wars and devaluing a product. I can't say publicly that I'll give you Brand X's gizmo for less than MAP, but if you PM me...
Some manufacturers are stepping in over their retailers in PMs and cutting them out. Unethical imo but it's happening.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
Apex Chase

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Wow.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #9
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Some manufacturers are stepping in over their retailers in PMs and cutting them out. Unethical imo but it's happening.

I'm totally on board with this scene as well. I was about to go run out and be the first in line for the TSP full exhaust.

Was doing some shopping while waiting for Jason to get the GP together, found the Doug Thorley LT's to be rather nice (but way out of my price goals) and guess what? A little PM here and there and I ended up getting them for about what you'd expect to pay for some Pacesetters.

Love Hate Love, but it's going on all over.

Ivan
Old 03-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #10
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
PM me for the answer
Old 03-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
Atti2de
Móderator

So if I set up a group buy on something am I allowed to post price or need to have ppl pm me for price? One of the reasons I asked. Not a vendor but I have some connections does MAP apply to me then?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #12
Atti2de
Móderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInSoCal View Post
PM me for the answer
pm sent
Old 03-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
Den4176
El Maligno....

Drives: 2ss/rs,'10-E350, E46 328i
^^^I LOLED
Old 03-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #14
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post

I'm totally on board with this scene as well. I was about to go run out and be the first in line for the TSP full exhaust.

Was doing some shopping while waiting for Jason to get the GP together, found the Doug Thorley LT's to be rather nice (but way out of my price goals) and guess what? A little PM here and there and I ended up getting them for about what you'd expect to pay for some Pacesetters.

Love Hate Love, but it's going on all over.

Ivan
Competition is one thing. Perfectly fair. Offer/Counter Offer/Offer. I'm talking about something different. I won't get into it in the forum but I won't be the bebeficiary of an unethical business practice from a vendor. Espec. one that's only here to sell and not be a participating member.

In fact, for me, I'll buy any and everything that I want for my car from a forum member and vendor unless not offered. Just my preferance. They don't have to be here PWing it up like me, but I want to support our guys here.

Nothing wrong with buying from somewhere else at all, but typically, you'll get better deals here anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
So if I set up a group buy on something am I allowed to post price or need to have ppl pm me for price? One of the reasons I asked. Not a vendor but I have some connections does MAP apply to me then?
MAP is for you to personally decide. That's between you and your supplier.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #15
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
As stated Forum Rules but I have my website in my sig that shows price points.

Sometimes I do all of the work then the person goes to the dealer after I did all the customer service...LOL then when they need help they come back to me to help them get the product... I like to help but it gets frustrating at times...

I feel my customer service and knowledge will bring not only comfort but a higher quality deal for the person buying the item.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
As stated Forum Rules but I have my website in my sig that shows price points.

Sometimes I do all of the work then the person goes to the dealer after I did all the customer service...LOL then when they need help they come back to me to help them get the product... I like to help but it gets frustrating at times...

I feel my customer service and knowledge will bring not only comfort but a higher quality deal for the person buying the item.
Your site in your sig is perfectly fine.

And I'm sure it does get frustrating. Part of what the person is paying you for is your experience and expertise. And it sucks when the person goes to your supplier, we have them try in our business but fortunately our supplier will only sell to thier retailers. (ours is more service based anyway) But it should make you even more frustrating when your suppliers go to your customers.

Oh, you'll be selling me some orange leather door panels down the road. lol

Closed Thread