Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

LSR Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 03-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
Sour DeeZ

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
How much is the z28 going to be?

So I really looking for a very close estimate or an exact answer?
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
It hasnt been released so it would just be a guess.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
somewhatdamaged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6
I'm guesstimating about 43K for a "1SS" optioned type package, with staggered option packages bringing it up a good several thousand or so. Oh yeah, not to mentioned the fact that certain unscrupulous dealers will be charging their BS "market adjustment" to it, and those dumb enough, will pay it.
somewhatdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
I predict it will be north of 50k and will be even more exciting than anyone ever thought before. Also, I predict it will be the best Camaro that's ever been produced.

...both in a straight line....and in the twisties.

The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I predict it will be north of 50k and will be even more exciting than anyone ever thought before. Also, I predict it will be the best Camaro that's ever been produced.

That's a lot of predicting.

I predict that it will be a BAD A$$ Camaro.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
I'm thinking it will come in right around $50,000 give or take a little and will turn out to be even better than what people are expecting. The ZR1 program taught GM a lot about producing a serious world class sports car and I think it will end up paying off for the Camaro community.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
SSRSMAGNACONV

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
My thoughts were if one had to ask how much it would be, it would be outside of one's budget.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Based on the physical realities of enhanced suspension, transmission and etc..along with the LSA motor and the "premium" nature of the Z28...

Somewhere between 48-52K to start, and north of there with options.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #9
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:

I also predict that the Z28 is going to be a truly unbelievable beast.

Until it comes out, isn't the SS the best Camaro ever built? Go GM!
The_Blur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
$1,000,000,000... JK. I'm voting GT500-range plus a "premium".
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
if it has the LSA, expect it to cost more than the GT500 but less than a CTS-V

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
evilways

Drives: 2006 INTIMADATOR SS
$64 k Plus
evilways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #13
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Out of my price range; right now Then, I'd get the Vette anyway...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: A Z51 or a 2014 1LE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Out of my price range; right now Then, I'd get the Vette anyway...
that's the problem with a $50,000. Camaro. most car guys given the choice would buy a Vette at such a comparable price. the Vette is a better built and engineered performance vehicle. I can't see the Z28 starting above $45,000. if it is to be successful long-term.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
What if the Z28 is faster, both in a straight line and in the corners, than a base Corvette?

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #16
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
What if the Z28 is faster, both in a straight line and in the corners, than a base Corvette?
It's going to be.

But it will probably end up starting right at $50K.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #17
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I'd still get a Vette. It fits me so much better than Camaro Well, I fit it in better when I sat in a couple.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #18
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Quote:

I predict that I'll be doing an epic happy dance if you are correct Tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
that's the problem with a $50,000. Camaro. most car guys given the choice would buy a Vette at such a comparable price. the Vette is a better built and engineered performance vehicle. I can't see the Z28 starting above $45,000. if it is to be successful long-term.
Never underestimate what people are willing to pay for a car, even one that underperforms for the money. Especially one with alot of heritage. Like the GT-350 for example. Its not always about having the fastest car in its class, sometimes its just about the rarity.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAmish View Post
I predict that I'll be doing an epic happy dance if you are correct Tag.

Never underestimate what people are willing to pay for a car, even one that underperforms for the money. Especially one with alot of heritage. Like the GT-350 for example. Its not always about having the fastest car in its class, sometimes its just about the rarity.
It isn't always about money or what you get for it. For some people, it doesn't matter and it's more about the love for the nameplate. It'd be unfortunate if the price got that high, making it really unobtainable for the regular person, but at least Z28 would be back and I'm sure it'd be worth the wait.
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
Old 03-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #20
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur

This says it all.
The_Blur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #21
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
It's going to be about that much too much! Is that close enough for you?
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #22
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I keep hearing this, but it makes no sense. The C7 Vette starts getting built in april 2012 (by my understanding). It will most likely move up in price and performance, If the Z/28 comes out at the end of 2011 as a 2012 Model year GM does not have to worry about competeing with the vette at all. Besides the z/28 is competing (in the eyes of your average consumer) against the GT-500 which cost $53k if you add its performance package. I bet the base C7 will cost about $60k (about the same as the CTS-V). Besides camaro and Vette consumers are completley different. The vette is a Light wieght 2 seat all out sports car. The camaro is a heavy 2+2 sports coupe. Many Vette owners I have known throughout the years know that it is more than just HP that makes you go fast.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
To all the "Camaro can't be priced the same as a Corvette" people....

What exactly would you consider "successful" for a limited-production, super-hi-power (<-assuming this) Z28?
You don't expect it to sell like the SS or V6, do you?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #24
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
To all the "Camaro can't be priced the same as a Corvette" people....

What exactly would you consider "successful" for a limited-production, super-hi-power (<-assuming this) Z28?
You don't expect it to sell like the SS or V6, do you?
+1 Thus freeing GM to go all out on the Z/28 that can be design to beat (not compete if they do it) the GT-500. The Idea of GM makeing a Camaro that is intentionaly inferior to a mustang performace wise seems ludicrous (no offense intended). That defeats one of the main characteristics of the camaro.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #25
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
+1 Thus freeing GM to go all out on the Z/28 that can be design to beat (not compete if they do it) the GT-500. The Idea of GM makeing a Camaro that is intentionaly inferior to a mustang performace wise seems ludicrous (no offense intended). That defeats one of the main characteristics of the camaro.
+2 I don't know that I'd go so far as to say inferior, however, I think I understand what you're saying. I'm sure GM is going to give us everything they can give what they are going to be expecting the price point to be. If it exceeds the GT500, though, they better be delivering on more than just straightline 'Vette-type speed, IMVHO. A Camaro that expensive should have to be able to be on par with the base 'Vette, at the very least.

I honestly don't have a pulse on what the market types are for those who would consider buying a 'Vette if there is a Camaro model that gets too close, in terms of price. I think that most 'Vette owners are very brand loyal and don't really cross-shop. If they want a Camaro, they'll get a base or SS, not Z28, to put next to their base, Z06, or ZR1. I'm just trying to say that a person who is interested in Z28 isn't going to be as much interested in how close it comes to the 'Vette, per se. Sure, they'll consider whether the price is worth it, or if they could build an SS to at least match Z28, but won't jump Camaro Ship just because they can get a 'Vette for the same price, or similar. That's just me though; a humble gut feeling