Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #126
Geno

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
The body kit and spoiler are way to riced out. Come on GM just because there is a band wagon doesn't mean u have to jump on. Keep the Camaro a muscle car. What does crate engines mean, someone needs to find this out pronto. Shorty headers are a joke, thats almost as useless as the riced out accessories.
Am I seeing thing or is that spoiler an Impala leftover????? NASTY!!!!!
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #127
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
Has GM made any mention of having a bumblebee color option or accessory package yet?
GameOver620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #128
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
the only thing I'm not feeling about the ground effects really is the fact that it is so low to ground. I live in NY city and if I were to hit a pothole and up my ride, I'd go insane.
GameOver620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #129
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
There will be some sort of bumblebee package, it hasnt been said yet as to what it will include.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #130
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
What, no world class cup holders with Heating and Cooling functions????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

Sorry I couldn't resist that one!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #131
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '00-Z28
The body kit doesnt do anything for me, a bit overdone. I would like to see that blade spoiler on the car, that looks pretty cool. Its funny though, the Camaro underneath its striped car cover will still look meaner than the Mustang or Challenger.
The performance mods dont do a whole lot for me either, just because I plan on voiding the warranty right away. Forged, low compression motor and KB anyone?
Chocolate Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #132
digitalshow

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Man...I really wanted that hud.... Please (if you are reading this...Chevy) reconsider not having this at the start! My bosses Acadia...has a hud...don't tell me I can't have it on my Camaro.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
GM keeps dragging their feet , I think they believe in the old strategy of slowly improving the model year after year. They do this to keep interest and sales up. What they don't realize is that the car hasn't been around for almost 7 years, and they guys that normally upgrade every few years because on new features aren't for the most parts driving camaros anymore. Almost anyone looking into this car segment is going to want one from the beginning and this may cause waiting lists that may spill over in interest for several years. I don't see sales volumes dipping significantly till after 3 years, baring fuel prices changing drastically. Just introduce the model with the most current appeal. Don't use 10 year old technology 2 years from now and try to pass it off as innovation. There's no reason all these future features I.E. heads up, convertible would be available from the beginning. It seams to me the Volt was put on the fast track given the technological challenge witch should have added extra development time and the camaro wasn't. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining just frustrated to wait almost 4 years and maybe 5 or more for those of us that want a vert. Remember word of the concept started hitting the web around Oct of 2005. and that's after 4 to 6 months of development.
digitalshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:20 PM   #133
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Navigator/Corvette/2010 Camaro
For anyone at the Indy event who saw the car and took part in the accessories introduction, I have a couple questions

The 21 inch wheels:
Did Chevy state the width (are they staggered) and what size tires did they suggest go on them?
Can they be substituted for the factory wheels (I.e. just pay the difference so I do not have to sell the originals)
I personally like the wide look, does anyone have the wheel “widths” of all the factory options

For the Exhaust: Did anyone look under the SS to confirm is it has true dual, or a single cat back? This should answer the question if the one shown is for the V6 or not.

The ground effects:
Can someone photoshop the ground effects camaro pic so the ground effects are the same color as the body. ( I agree with many that they are too much, but will reserve final opinion till I see a version where they are the same color as the body)

There was mention of LS engine upgrade parts:
Was there any mention if parts for the L99, exhaust, perhaps a mild cam

The 12 inch subs:
DO the subs integrate into a fixed location in the trunk, or are they just a Box that slides around?
Were they powered? Does this imply that GM has integrated a low level input of aftermarket subs (that would be awesome)

Airbox/ shorty headers:
Which of the 3 engines will this be available for?

Molded real splashguards:
Anyone get a pic of what these will look like?
Are they intended to be painted the body color of the car (ala old Pontiac Trans Am style)

Will the real diffuser:
work with the cat back exhaust since it appear to incorporate different exhaust bezels?

I think that’s all of them, Thanks in advance

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #134
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
The ground effects:
Can someone photoshop the ground effects camaro pic so the ground effects are the same color as the body. ( I agree with many that they are too much, but will reserve final opinion till I see a version where they are the same color as the body)
I wasn't there but here are the photoshop images that were made when the accessories were leaked a while ago.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...96&postcount=1

rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #135
fbird777
SOM WS6

Drives: 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6
For all the people considering the blade spoiler, I believe it is a happy medium. The stock spoiler is ok, the wing is too big, but the blade spoiler looks pretty good. I will have to see it on a production Camaro.
fbird777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #136
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
i want the big spoiler (black), body kit (same color as the car), black stripes and maybe the red interior accent pkg

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #137
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Does anyone have an estimate on how much these would cost:
ground effects (front, side, back)
big spoiler
red int. accent pkg.

Thanks

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #138
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Hello, first time poster! Great site. Love all the new photos and info coming out.
But seeing that optional wing spoiler made me cringe. I see the other blade spoiler, and hope it ends up being close to the original. I didn't see any good photos of it yet...maybe I missed it. GM we need this! I had to go out to the garage and snap a photo to feel better.

James
Attached Images

68vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #139
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: people crazy.
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
Hello, first time poster! Great site. Love all the new photos and info coming out.
But seeing that optional wing spoiler made me cringe. I see the other blade spoiler, and hope it ends up being close to the original. I didn't see any good photos of it yet...maybe I missed it. GM we need this! I had to go out to the garage and snap a photo to feel better.

James
That photo of the blade spoiler was incredibly intangible, but you might just get what you want... and what I want! However, it's never going to look the same since the new Camaro's rear end is curved whereas the original's is just straight across. The spoiler will still arch a bit.

The blade spoiler does look kind of like just what everyone wanted: a larger version of the ducktail - in other words, more like the original 69's. I need to see better pictures of it, but that blade spoiler, MAYBE the gas cap, and the hockey stripes (especially now that they've added a pinstripe outlining the hockey stick if you look close enough) are the only things I'd buy from this selection. Everything else, especially that body kit and wing spoiler, is horrendous and doesn't belong on Camaros.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #140
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Navigator/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I wasn't there but here are the photoshop images that were made when the accessories were leaked a while ago.

Thankyou very much.
Still not sure if the full ground effects package is for me or not, but when shown in body color, its more appealing. Wonder what the front air dam would look like by itself. BTW, your pics the blue camaro with no rear wing, and non painted wheels looks the best to me.

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #141
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
That's really disappointing. The ground effects was the major accessory I was planning on getting....that's just too boy racer/ricey for me. Oh well, if that is the only thing I can complain about...no biggie. I'm sure there will be lots of after market gfx.

I wonder how they're gonna fit that big sub through that tiny trunk opening lol.
dude is for the V6 for crying out loud course its going to be ricey, its not meant for the V8
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #142
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
dude is for the V6 for crying out loud course its going to be ricey, its not meant for the V8
A camaro V6 with 300 HP is hardly ricey.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #143
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Is anyone willing to photoshop that blue car into silver ice w/ hockey stripe and, if you're good, perhaps mocking up a blade spoiler. It looks like it sticks up about 2-3 inches or so from the decklid at a 50 degreen angle. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #144
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
Is anyone willing to photoshop that blue car into silver ice w/ hockey stripe and, if you're good, perhaps mocking up a blade spoiler. It looks like it sticks up about 2-3 inches or so from the decklid at a 50 degreen angle. Thanks in advance.
go request that in the photoshops request thread.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #145
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
It's not just for the V6, and even if it was that is not a good excuse to make it ricey. Like pink said, just a dumbass comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
...a camaro V6 with 300 HP is hardly ricey.....
Yeah...until you put that freaking kit on it. And 300hp with 3700lbs is nothing to brag about. The Cobalt SS, Mazdaspeed 3, and Caliber SRT-4 will all eat the Camaro V6 alive and all 3 are probably going to be cheaper...and those are 4 bangers, fwd at that, and all with less hp.
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #146
SScott

Drives: 21speed
I have two blown v-8's. I've driven quite a few normally aspirated cars with similiar power to weight ratios as the Camaro. Take my word for it. This Camaro WILL NEED ONE.
SScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #147
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
flaguy: Yeah...until you put that freaking kit on it. And 300hp with 3700lbs is nothing to brag about. The Cobalt SS, Mazdaspeed 3, and Caliber SRT-4 will all eat the Camaro V6 alive and all 3 are probably going to be cheaper...and those are 4 bangers, fwd at that, and all with less hp.[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me!? those cars have the appearance of the yugo
Old 09-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #148
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
are you kidding me!? those cars have the appearance of the yugo
Pretty good thing I wasn't discussing appearance huh?
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #149
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
best ricer accessories ever, if for some odd reason I dont get the SS I would pull a rice move on the v6, hell ill go so far as to put some neons too, sound system.

ill get smoked but who cares it looks "cool"
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #150
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
go request that in the photoshops request thread.
Thanks hun.