Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
iPod indexing...or lack of

So up until about a week or so ago, everytime I started my car with my iPod plugged in, or when I first plugged it it, it would spend about a minute indexing it. Now it just works instantly. The functionallity is all the same, it's just instant now instead of having to load before I could skip or search songs. I have a 80 gig 5th gen iPod classic with about 4000 songs on it.

My question is, is this the way it should have been all along? Or did cammy just learn a new trick?

Ps I searched for this with no luck, but I'm not good at searching this site. Sorry if it's a replay.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
My Zune still indexes everytime for a good three minutes and I also notice that I have to "reset" to "random" everytime too...

Kinda pissing me off already.

-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:38 AM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Go to the dealer and make sure you have the right updated software for the radio. I think it's CG CC. NOt sure..... Check the audio section...better yet, let's move this on over there and see if anyone else can help.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:55 AM   #4
KLow7777

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
I bought an old mini off ebay and just keep it plugged into the car. I get instant access now, it only indexed the first time I plugged it in.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:28 AM   #5
mmongi7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Send a message via AIM to mmongi7
The ipod connectivity in the Camaro's is a joke. Whenever I plug mine it it takes forever to find it. Then sometimes when it's playing it skips like it's a cd, how's it do that, I don't know. I've taken my car to get an update which helped for a about a week and now it's back to it's old self. I keep taking it to the dealer to show them, but everytime I do it magically works fine for them.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
That's the way it was supposed to work all along. Odd that it wasn't. Fully supported iPods should never "index". The indexing is handled by the iPod independent of the Camaro.

The latest firmware is CE. While in USB mode press and hold the menu button and it will tell you the software version. If it is CC or CD and you're having issues with your iPod, take it in and try to get them to update it (sometimes easier said than done).
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Thank you all for your replies. I'll check to see what version I have when I go out there a little later. I really like it not having to index anymore. The record style crackle that accompanys the indexing process is quite annoying. My iPod always works great and never skips or anything and recognizes it imediately after I plug it in, however it has trouble with my iPhone. It takes it a while to find it sometimes, sometimes I have to make a call, then hang up and it finds it. Then I will randomly say that it has found no supported data on it. Oh well. Still completely satisfied with the car
Old 03-08-2010, 12:54 AM   #8
convert

Drives: the Camaro as often as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
That's the way it was supposed to work all along. Odd that it wasn't. Fully supported iPods should never "index". The indexing is handled by the iPod independent of the Camaro.

The latest firmware is CE. While in USB mode press and hold the menu button and it will tell you the software version. If it is CC or CD and you're having issues with your iPod, take it in and try to get them to update it (sometimes easier said than done).
SW version CD is out? First I've heard...
convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #9
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) Twin Turbo
My iPhone doesnt start playing when i plug it in usually in the morning. i double tap the home button and the ipod control pops up on my phone then i plug it in and it works fine.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo Custom 51/57 | JRE Tuned | Borla S-Type Catback | QTP Cutouts | VMAX Ported Throttle Body
| Factory Hurst Short Throw | Sequential Taillights | LS7 Blackout | Rear Camaro Letters | ZL1 Grill | NightOwl Halos
| Plasma DRLs | Forgestar F14s | ZL1 Sideskirts | Plasma Afterburners | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote