Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Ex-stang

Drives: "Sergeant" a 1LT/SIM/RS/CONN/BA/M6
My new sub set up!

Well i tried ordering from the subthump website and had issues with the form. Credit card address not matching issues and they cant take my order on the phone. Soo ohhhh well i went out and bought my own set-up.

heres what i got
Alpine MRP-M500 mono amp 500w rms x1 2 ohms/300w rms x1 4 ohms: 199.00$ cdn
MTX Jack Hammer jh5510d enclosed subwoofer package 300 watts rms 600 w peak:250.00$ cdn
Wiring Kit: 100.00$ cdn
Installation:70.00$ cdn
4 year extended warranty on all pieces:50.00$ cdn
total: 670.00$ cdn + taxes

Not bad for an installed kit under a full 4 year replacement warranty !
This is a set up added to my BA system.

Will take pics once installed .

Update !
Scrap this set up the box wont fit either through trunk or the passthrough!
Got refunded on the MTX set-up and me and installer get a go at it tommorow evening too try to find a new smaller box and 10 inch sub.
keeping the alpine amp, now gotta pair it up with something that will actually fit ,trunk opening is soo dam small!

Last update on my quest for sub!

Well me and the stereo guy looked at the options they had and nothing seemed to please both of us.
basically im very satisfied with the stock B.A system and got refunded for all my gear and will be putting the $$$$$ towards my new dynomax axel-back
i listen to my stereo max at 15-16 with treble set at 5 mids 4 bass 7...sounds great for me atm.

END OF QUEST atm.

Last edited by Ex-stang; 03-17-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar
Ex-stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Sour DeeZ

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-stang View Post
Well i tried ordering from the subthump website and had issues with the form. Credit card address not matching issues and they cant take my order on the phone. Soo ohhhh well i went out and bought my own set-up.

heres what i got
Alpine MRP-M500 mono amp 500w rms x1 2 ohms/300w rms x1 4 ohms: 199.00$ cdn
MTX Jack Hammer jh5510d enclosed subwoofer package 300 watts rms 600 w peak:250.00$ cdn
Wiring Kit: 100.00$ cdn
Installation:70.00$ cdn
4 year extended warranty on all pieces:50.00$ cdn
total: 670.00$ cdn + taxes
Not bad for an installed kit under a full 4 year replacement warranty !
This is a set up added to my BA system.

Will take pics once installed .
Dude,thats nuts, I mean it going to hit hard as hell with a jackhammer in the size of a camaro,but are you sure you want to rattle the car already?
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
Steve@Subthump

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Yes, we can take any order over the phone, but like I tried to explain, online orders and phone orders use the same merchant service to run transactions ever since pci compliance was passed. In other words, when you order online, your numbers automatically go thru the service and are either accepted or declined based on a set of security criteria. When you call me and use the same numbers, we type them into the same service and they are either accepted or declined based on the same security criteria. So if it doesn't go thru online, then trying it over the phone doesn't really solve the problem. I'm terribly sorry that the service didn't take your card. Sometimes security kicks in and gets in the way of a legitimate transaction. I will say that there is always a reason why a card doesn't work and I can list them. There are several and they are there to protect both the cardholder and the merchant. Usually a call to your card company will give you lots of answers as to why and probably fix the problem and I know I recommended this to you as well before just giving up and going elsewhere. But I am happy that you got a stereo put in your car and again sorry it did not work out between us. I really hate taking blame when something minor like a credit card doesn't work happens because that is something we have no control over and can typically be corrected quite easily.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
Ex-stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour DeeZ View Post
Dude,thats nuts, I mean it going to hit hard as hell with a jackhammer in the size of a camaro,but are you sure you want to rattle the car already?
Lol, yahh the system hits like a bloody nuclear explosion in the showroom...Guess il have too see if it rocks in the car ....
You`re scaring me....lol
Old 03-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Ex-stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Subthump View Post
Yes, we can take any order over the phone, but like I tried to explain, online orders and phone orders use the same merchant service to run transactions ever since pci compliance was passed. In other words, when you order online, your numbers automatically go thru the service and are either accepted or declined based on a set of security criteria. When you call me and use the same numbers, we type them into the same service and they are either accepted or declined based on the same security criteria. So if it doesn't go thru online, then trying it over the phone doesn't really solve the problem. I'm terribly sorry that the service didn't take your card. Sometimes security kicks in and gets in the way of a legitimate transaction. I will say that there is always a reason why a card doesn't work and I can list them. There are several and they are there to protect both the cardholder and the merchant. Usually a call to your card company will give you lots of answers as to why and probably fix the problem and I know I recommended this to you as well before just giving up and going elsewhere. But I am happy that you got a stereo put in your car and again sorry it did not work out between us. I really hate taking blame when something minor like a credit card doesn't work happens because that is something we have no control over.
Steve you were always prompt with e-mails and responses.You are an all around great merchant.The issue is probably because our city has had a municipal fusion a few years ago.Maybe the address didnt match with my card on your security website because their database is off (old towns name ?).
Your products are what i realy wanted in my car but i had to go plan B...
Thanks again Steve.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
Steve@Subthump

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-stang View Post
Steve you were always prompt with e-mails and responses.You are an all around great merchant.The issue is probably because our city has had a municipal fusion a few years ago.Maybe the address didnt match with my card on your security website because their database is off (old towns name ?).
Your products are what i realy wanted in my car but i had to go plan B...
Thanks again Steve.
Could be. We use Authorize.net and it is one of the largest in the biz. It's not really their database. They use whatever is on file with your cardholder bank. You may want to call and update the information and might help avoid something like this down the road. This is similar when people move. Sometimes the card works on the old address and sometimes it needs the new one to work.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
markgoodson

Drives: 2010 2 SS RS
Guess you and I will post our systems close to the same time, mine is going in tomorrow (for three days ) to install a 4000 watt Kicker system.
markgoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
Ex-stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgoodson View Post
Guess you and I will post our systems close to the same time, mine is going in tomorrow (for three days ) to install a 4000 watt Kicker system.
yours will surely be posted before mine im taking possesion of my car on the 15th.Then i have to call back the installer and get an install date. prob same week hopefully.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
Ex-stang

Bump for opinions on what his will sound like! Install date is 7 days away !
Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
Ex-stang

Update !
Scrap this set up the box wont fit either through trunk or the passthrough!
Got refunded on the MTX set-up and me and installer get a go at it tommorow evening too try to find a new smaller box and 10 inch sub.
keeping the alpine amp, now gotta pair it up with something that will actually fit ,trunk opening is soo dam small!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
cool
Old 03-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #12
Ex-stang

Last update on my quest for sub!

Well me and the stereo guy looked at the options they had and nothing seemed to please both of us.
basically im very satisfied with the stock B.A system and got refunded for all my gear and will be putting the $$$$$ towards my new dynomax axel-back
i listen to my stereo max at 15-16 with treble set at 5 mids 4 bass 7...sounds great for me atm.

END OF QUEST atm.