Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
AAC HID power source?

I just bought an HID conversion kit from AAC. No real instructions or videos that come with this. There is a wiring diagram but it’s pretty much useless to me……everything is supposed to be plug and play.

I have ballasts and wiring laid out and now I’m down to getting the power source of the ballast. My assumption was to use the Positive point in the engine compartment. I pulled off the top and I have no clue as to how I can get this wired in here. I tried to un-screw the positive point to maybe see if I could some out work the positive wire in but I felt like I was going to break or bend something.

Anyone have an idea on where/how I can pick up positive source here?
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I bought my first HID package and it had the same small ring connector that is suppose to connect to the positive post as shown in your picture. Obviously not plug and play. The second HID set from BFxenon came with the proper connector. You should hook directly to the positive post even if it means changing the connector. Too many people out there with flickering headlights due to improper powering and/or grounding of the ballast. Do yourself a favor and change the connector !
Old 03-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Did you e-mail/call AAC on this? What was their response?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Finished it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69917
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote