Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 03-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
How to remove XM Antenna

Has anyone started a thread on how to remove the XM antenna to paint? I have searched and have not found one yet.

Would love to see a write up on this
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
Rocketright

Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Sorry haven't seen anything like that yet, will look though.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Has anyone started a thread on how to remove the XM antenna to paint? I have searched and have not found one yet.

Would love to see a write up on this
I found it

Quote:
Rodgers Chevrolet will send you a nice little packet with diagrams on what and how to remove. With that being said if you do not have the sunroof you can do it in your driveway all that you need to do is the following. If you have the sunroof you can still do it just a bit more involved and I suggest removing some of the rear side panels to drop the headliner more.

1. Remove the two round circle push tabs near the rear glass (one on the drivers and one on the passenger side)
2. Pop open the little tabs on the coat hangers (drivers and passenger side) unbolt them and pull them out.
3. Drop the headliner down approx 5"-6" I would roll up two small hand towels put one on each side in-between the headliner and the roof that way you are free to use both hands.
4. You will need a wrench to unbolt the single bolt holding the antenna up and unplug the two plugs.

5. Do the reverse and you are all set in all it should take approx 1 hour if not less.

If you have the sunroof you are only going to be able to drop the headliner approx 3" unless you remove some of the side panels in the rear. I opted to have my dealership install mine I just told my service adviser that my factory XM antenna was loose so they went ahead and installed it for FREE since they had to drop the headliner to tighten the bolt

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
jputer

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS Summit White A6
Here you go...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70282