|03-10-2010, 01:14 PM||#1|
Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Problem With Front Brakes: Squeeking Noise on Deceleration
I am aware that GM chose Brembo as the brake of choice for our beautiful Camaro SS. However, ever since I purchased my car, I have experienced "Brake Squeeking", only up front, and mainly on the passengers side.
I have taken the car to my local GM dealer, and the gentlemen told me that nothing was wrong: Rotors are fine; no debris stuck anywhere. He did however say that GM was coming out with a brake pad upgrade, to alleviate this problem of squeeking on deceleration.
1) Are the OEM brake pads from Brembro? If so, I'm not sure how much more of an "upgrade" GM can get.
2) If the OEM brake pads are not Brembro, and if you've had the same problem I have...what aftermarket brake pads are most of the forum members going with? Is it solving the issue?
I'm assuming the sound will be alleviated with a change in brake pads, I hope.
|03-10-2010, 01:46 PM||#2|
Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PNW....almost canada
there are a lot of threads about this already
- Pfadt Suspension Package; Springs & Sways
- Brembo Brake Upgrade (Yellow); Courtesy Fesler Built
- Custom Magnaflow Exhaust
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|CAMARO WIKI||Tran||Wiki||55||03-28-2017 12:04 PM|
|Drum brakes hard to beat||KILLER74Z28||General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion||17||02-16-2012 12:40 PM|
|No confirmation number?||jamesc1123||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||12||02-21-2009 08:49 PM|
|1SS standard equipment and options||Tran||Wiki||1||11-05-2008 02:34 PM|
|1LS standard equipment and options||Tran||Wiki||0||10-18-2008 08:13 PM|