Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HAVOC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, Mi
Posts: 595
Anyone considering a White Camaro?

So as I've been searching for my next car, I'll admit I've jumped around between a few cars before I came to decide I wanted the Camaro. But I'm pretty convinced I'm going to be getting the new Camaro because it really fits all of the criteria that I want in my next car.

But selecting a color has been almost just as difficult as selecting which car I want. After owning two black cars, as much as I love black, I think it's time for a new color. And I've been really leaning towards white. With the Camaro I'm thinking about this as my theme

White Camaro LT/RS (or SS maybe...) Jet-black interior, with powdercoated matte or gloss black rims and maybe a red lip around the rims. And maybe black stripes.

I thought about it when I was considering getting a Solstice Coupe GXP. I have a pic provided below of it.

Then I have a pic of the Cobalt SS Turbocharged that I was also considering with the similar theme.

But I'm wondering how it would look on the Camaro? What do you guys think?
Here are the links of the white Camaro...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6409
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6394
Attached Images
  
__________________
4 life!
Currently Driving: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
SS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079
 
pinkcamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,815
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
whenever i think of white cars i think of rental cars.
__________________
pinkcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
kanys

 
kanys's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
whenever i think of white cars i think of rental cars.
Yeah I do too a little now that you mention it. However I think the color looks nice, and it would probably be my third choice after Silver and Black. And as always it just depends on what you like, if you are really feeling the white then go for it, you will not be dissapointed (tho it may be a little hard to keep super clean if you are someone like me who has to have a constantly clean car lol!).
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 PM   #4
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 4,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
I don't know how one can count white out after seeing the images from that first link
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
stermiester
 
Drives: 2007 mustang
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 23
i think white on a car looks sharp.i think ur right on with the black rims and stripes on a white car. but the camaro... it sucks.... it makes every color look good.... i cant choose either...
stermiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, Mi
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
whenever i think of white cars i think of rental cars.
lol I guess I don't pay attention to rental cars that much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
Yeah I do too a little now that you mention it. However I think the color looks nice, and it would probably be my third choice after Silver and Black. And as always it just depends on what you like, if you are really feeling the white then go for it, you will not be dissapointed (tho it may be a little hard to keep super clean if you are someone like me who has to have a constantly clean car lol!).
Yeah, After I saw the Silver SS pics from Indy I fell in love with the color on the Camaro. Never was a fan of silver until I saw it. It's definitely up there on my color preference. As sweet as black does look on the Camaro, I just can't get another black car. I don't want to deal with the maintenance unless it's a car that I'm going to be keeping in the garage... Until the weekends...

I am someone who constantly has to have a clean car. From my experience, my parents have two white cars, and they seem to stay, or look a lot cleaner than my black SS does...
__________________
4 life!
Currently Driving: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
SS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #7
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, Mi
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
I don't know how one can count white out after seeing the images from that first link
Quote:
Originally Posted by stermiester View Post
i think white on a car looks sharp.i think ur right on with the black rims and stripes on a white car. but the camaro... it sucks.... it makes every color look good.... i cant choose either...
Agreed! It's such a hard choice isn't it?
__________________
4 life!
Currently Driving: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
SS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
stermiester
 
Drives: 2007 mustang
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 23
i like the dark silver.... the name is evading me right now... its on the zr1... and the imperial blue... the dark blue...i think that would look really good with the flat stripes....
stermiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #9
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, Mi
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by stermiester View Post
i like the dark silver.... the name is evading me right now... its on the zr1...
Cyber Gray?
__________________
4 life!
Currently Driving: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
SS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
stermiester
 
Drives: 2007 mustang
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 23
THANK YOU! haha... i think there are too many colors to choose from... "you can have a Model T in any color.... as long as its black" keep it simple haha. i think what ill end up doing is going into a dealership and seeing what they have and just go from there
stermiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #11
Nexus6
More human than human
 
Nexus6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The mouth of hell
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
So as I've been searching for my next car, I'll admit I've jumped around between a few cars before I came to decide I wanted the Camaro. But I'm pretty convinced I'm going to be getting the new Camaro because it really fits all of the criteria that I want in my next car.

But selecting a color has been almost just as difficult as selecting which car I want. After owning two black cars, as much as I love black, I think it's time for a new color. And I've been really leaning towards white. With the Camaro I'm thinking about this as my theme

White Camaro LT/RS (or SS maybe...) Jet-black interior, with powdercoated matte or gloss black rims and maybe a red lip around the rims. And maybe black stripes.

I thought about it when I was considering getting a Solstice Coupe GXP. I have a pic provided below of it.

Then I have a pic of the Cobalt SS Turbocharged that I was also considering with the similar theme.

But I'm wondering how it would look on the Camaro? What do you guys think?
Here are the links of the white Camaro...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6409
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6394

if i were going to do a white car.i would have all the emblems in red and have red tinted ghost stripes.with black powder coated wheels ,and black interior



my last car was white so im gonna do a different color this time
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #12
ss09
 
Drives: 65 Nova
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island Ny
Posts: 24
this is a nice pic of a white one. I want white camaro with black hockey stripes with chrom rims or black with white lip. the camaro looks good in everycolor. im getting mine in july but for all the guys buying sooner your pics will be needed for decision making.
Attached Images
 
ss09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #13
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, Mi
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
if i were going to do a white car.i would have all the emblems in red and have red tinted ghost stripes.with black powder coated wheels ,and black interior



my last car was white so im gonna do a different color this time
That would look sweet. I'm liking how the "RS" emblem is going to be red. So that already works out. I definitely could take the Chevy emblems off and paint them red too. And I never thought about those stripes before either...

Oh and the calipers will also be getting painted red too...

Yeah, I'd do black again, but at the same time as much as I want to, I'm like you and want to do something different.
__________________
4 life!
Currently Driving: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
SS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #14
stermiester
 
Drives: 2007 mustang
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 23
and white is a nice color for here in arizona.... a black car is murder here... looks good but its like an oven
stermiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #15
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, Mi
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss09 View Post
this is a nice pic of a white one. I want white camaro with black hockey stripes with chrom rims or black with white lip. the camaro looks good in everycolor. im getting mine in july but for all the guys buying sooner your pics will be needed for decision making.
Oh yeah... I'm so doing white! Thanks for posting that! The hockey stripes do look great!

According to the dealer brochure it says that white won't be available until July of 09 anyways... I wonder what that's about. Actually July or August will probably be the time I get mine too seeing my lease ends on in August of 09...
__________________
4 life!
Currently Driving: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
SS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:33 PM   #16
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 4,960
White with the hockey stripes would be awesome just like the photoshop above.

And just like this one spotted in the AZ Mountains
-- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3415





Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:34 PM   #17
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,239
White and black can be a good combo. Or white and blue. I had a white 84 with red hood and lower stripes that got alot of compliments. Only one I ever saw like it. I'm curious to find out why they're delaying white on the car. Some special edition maybe??? hmmmm
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Great Racing Quotes

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:35 PM   #18
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079
 
pinkcamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,815
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
yep, definately doesnt look like a rental car... especially with the stripes it looks great.
__________________
pinkcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:37 PM   #19
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, Mi
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
White with the hockey stripes would be awesome just like the photoshop above.

And just like this one spotted in the AZ Mountains
-- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3415





Holy Crap, so they already have a white one out there with those colors? It looks sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
White and black can be a good combo. Or white and blue. I had a white 84 with red hood and lower stripes that got alot of compliments. Only one I ever saw like it. I'm curious to find out why they're delaying white on the car. Some special edition maybe??? hmmmm
Yeah. No idea here. Could be.
__________________
4 life!
Currently Driving: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
SS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:37 PM   #20
stermiester
 
Drives: 2007 mustang
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 23
... this car.... it seriously pulls off every production color very well... but i was in an older thread a guy had a pic of a rally green camaro.... that.... looked really good
stermiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #21
Bruno
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: OH now
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post

And just like this one spotted in the AZ Mountains
-- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3415





ahh blast from the past... I love that thing
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #22
Nexus6
More human than human
 
Nexus6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The mouth of hell
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
That would look sweet. I'm liking how the "RS" emblem is going to be red. So that already works out. I definitely could take the Chevy emblems off and paint them red too. And I never thought about those stripes before either...

Oh and the calipers will also be getting painted red too...

Yeah, I'd do black again, but at the same time as much as I want to, I'm like you and want to do something different.
that basically how my thirdgen was ,but i never got around to the ghost sties, a good friend everytime the color choice comes up he keeps poking at me about getting white and doing that.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #23
MerlinZero
Big Orange
 
MerlinZero's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 1,170
My only concern with white is, well I live in Seattle. And although the cliche of rain gets old. its true. I had a snow white 91 Corsica.... i think that was the name too, not sure. But yeah, from the day i got it. it looked like dull grey, because of all the crap from wet streets, not just mud. but exhaust collects on paint as well.

I had white in my sites after seeing the mountain pics, but i just can't do it where i live.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:20 AM   #24
HooliganZ
 
HooliganZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Z28 M6 Hardtop
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 100
My 4th gen is white/black, my G8 GT is white, I'm going for something different on the 5th gen. I'm looking at Cyber Gray or Orange at the moment. Of course, that could all change by the time I am actually able to get one. And yes, all of the colors look amazing on this car!
__________________
HooliganZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:27 AM   #25
_GTO_
 
_GTO_'s Avatar
 
Drives: holden commodore
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 128
the white is the best on the camaro (^_^)

and Im gonna have one
_GTO_ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Message to all Fbody Enthusiasts TAG UR IT 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 02-02-2013 07:41 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Payment and Shipping info for 1st Edition Camaro5 shirts TAG UR IT Camaro5 Store Merchandise 154 10-18-2008 03:00 AM
Modified Camaro collection tzh Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 2 05-15-2008 06:04 PM
Consumer Guide's Impressions of the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro camaro5 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 30 04-29-2008 10:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.