Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
JagerPLZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Newbie here....lookin for an answer....

Hey guys (and gals) - I'm new to the site here. I got my car about 2 months ago, and am looking at starting my audio install next weekend. I have worked at several custom audio shops and was MECP certified for awhile - so I know a little bit about what I'm doing LOL. I'm going with Alpine Type X Pro series components up front, either another set of the Alpine components or 6"x9"s in the rear deck, and a single 12W7 for some thump. All highs and mids will be pushed by JL 300/4, and the W7 will be pushed by a 1000/1. I'm in the process of laying out my box design as I type this and had 2 questions about the rear 6"x9"s before I tear everything apart and start the dynamat process: 1) Does anyone know the mounting depth of the factory 6"x9"s (I have the BA system). 2) Is there any kind of a gap between the face of the 6"x9"s and the rear deck - so that if I went the route of replacing the 6"x9"s with new ones, I could possibly do an aftermarket 6"x9" that is a coaxial or even 3-way. Thank you in advance for your help - Great Site!!!
JagerPLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Welcome to C5 , you should be able to put 3 ways but if you replace the 6x9s mount them from the bottom so there accessible

CAI w/ADM scoop,Magnacharged 3.8 pulley,L92 ported heads,ss valves,patriot springs,yella terra rockers,Comp cam,L99 to LS3 conv.ATI super damper,Taylor plug wires,NGK plugs,ARH 1 7/8 lt headers w/Borla stingers,Elite oil catch can,trans cooler,Jannetty built Richmond 4.11 rear end,Spohn trailing arms,front Racing Brake rotors,Hawk hps pads,BMR end links,AACstyle lighting. Thanks to Shane & crew for engine work at Thunder Racing & tuner Jeoff at EPS. 501rwhp-463rwtq ++
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
JagerPLZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro
klatterblast - Thank you for the welcome and your response - The problem I'm running into is a height restriction for my box. I know right now, with the factory 6"x9"s, I have apx. 14 inches from the floor to the bottom of the magnet - and that's exactly what I'm looking at for the height of my box. I'm thinking the better way to go here might be to just do a second set of the 6.5" components in the 6"x9" opening by making some kind of a mounting plate. That way speaker depth doesn't come into play so much and I can make my box as required.
JagerPLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
welcome to camaro5.

well you could just put your money in a good set of front door components and delete the rear speakers. the rear are only back fill. well that is if you get a good front component set. some thing like hertz mill components.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote