Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #26
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
I guess my question would be WHY?
Because people want to bypass safety features of their cars or don't want to do stuff the right way. I don't get it either. I can get rid of DRL or move them on even a Canadian camaro in about 15 minutes with less than 15 bucks in parts.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #27
retmil
 
Drives: 2012SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Germantown, Md
Posts: 17
guess my question would be WHY?

personally I think all vehicles should come with auto headlights, far to often I see retards driving around in the dead of night with no lights on because they are clueless idiots

I agree - Too many morons drive in the dark with the DRLs on!
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #28
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 388
I noticed that if you turn the switch to the auto posistion it's still turning on the automatic lights. Also if you have the lights on and turn them to the off posistion the parking lights stay on and the warning chime sound even when you exit the car and lock the doors, you have to cycle the switch back to the auto posistion and back off again to get the parking lights to turn off.


For anyone wondering what's inside the switch, first of all the knob comes off when you remove the back. There are 4 tabs that align to orientate the knob on the switch. there is a dot on the knob that indicates it's posistion, this should line up with the automatic mode as it was when you started. The spring is the coiled steel piece around the knob. I only cut the last 1/4" off, I probably should have cut more of the spring off, I tried removing the whole thing in 1 piece but it wouldnt come off.




Then this light piece may fall of on you like it did me, it took a few minutes to figure out how it went back on

CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Even though a quality set of HIDs would have worked without doing any of this?? Lol. Stop buying cheap junk and stop being lazy and you won't have issues.

well I was reading from this website that sales OEM HID kits and they say you should disable automatic headlights before installing an HID kit, so that's what I'm doing before laying down $280 on a OEM HID kit.

This may be why I had problems from the cheap Xentec kit which I took off weeks ago.

http://www.philipshidkits.com/installation/

this is from the above website

Problem: - In many cases, especially for those cars that have Auto "ON" or Daytime Running Lights; one or both lights cannot Ignite Initially, Discharge Bulb turns off just after start of the car, or even sometimes, bulb just turns off when driving.
  • Damage:
    Fried ballast, internally damage or burn the discharge bulb Gas Capsule.
  • Solution:
    You MUST Disconnect the Daytime Running Light or Auto Switch ON function immediately before the actual HID Conversion. Due to the Steady levels of battery voltage at 12V the battery doesn't have enough power to switch on the "Auto On" feature which uses 7V and the HID system which requires 12V at the same time.
    • if you have Daytime Running Light please follow your car s service manual; disconnect the fuse or wiring of Daytime Running lights only.
    • If you have Auto Switch On Headlights, please switch the function to Manual Switch On headlights. To avoid further damages, always remember to start your engine before turn on the HID system!

If you can tell me otherwise I'd like to hear about it.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #30
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
Well first of all that is not OEM HID stuff. Its cheap knockoff crap. Just because it says philips on it doesnt mean its any good. Philips never made a bulb type other than OEM style. No rebases so it screams knock off. You can get the same stuff for 25 on eBay. I've done HID on a camaro many times. Get a quality kit from TRS like I told you before and it will work just like stock. No need to mess around or hack up the car. It's 270 bucks for an entire kit!!! Including projectors. It's very easy to type in a website. Idk why you haven't yet. You need the full kit with moritomo standalone canbus harness. Hook everything up with a new light switch you didn't break and it will work just like stock. No bulb out warnings and a very quick startup and no need for wiring everywhere.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #31
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 388
yeah, now I regret doing this switch mod, the automatic healights turn on when you turn them off anyway, it confuses the computer and the parking lights are still on when you leave the car, i have to cycle the switch again just to get the parking lights to turn off and then the headlights flash again anyway as it passes over the auto setting. I'm going to try to work with it some more but I'll probably end up buying another switch, hopefully it wont be too expensive.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #32
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
If you get another switch and spend 270 bucks at TRS you won't have any issues. Ad you will have OEM quality projector headlights. And no bulb out warnings and the car will turn them off if you leave them on.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #33
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 388
okay, I played with it more, still doing the same thing, Luckiliy I was able to get a new switch off ebay for only $25 so now I feel better.


So does everyone agree the TRS HID's are good to get?? I did some web searching and coudn't really find anything bad said about them. It's just unreal how much fake crap is out there, everything on ebay looks like junk. I've never seen anything counterfeited this bad, it's worse that counterfeit gold coins or rolex watches.

Is this a good one?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=12825

I plan on just getting the 35watt just because they are more reliable. Right? is that the thinking? why not just get the 50 watt?

thanks for the help.

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 11-13-2012 at 12:29 AM.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #34
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
That's kinda what you need. You need to do a retrofit though. Your car will look cool but your lighting will be crap because you have a base model. Your headlights where not designed for HID. There will be light thrown everywhere including in the eyes of all the other drivers on the road. You will be that asswhole blinding everyone else. And the light on the road will be even with stock or maybe worse. But you will look cool. Lol
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #35
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 388
yeah, i know, I just dont feel comfortable cutting up my headlights, plus i really dont have the time to do it, like i said I have Carbon GTS covers on now, plus I'm getting the 4300k color and oly the 35 watt kit so it shouldn'y be bad.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #36
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL
 
GVA 45TH 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (Near) Charlotte, NC
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
personally I think all vehicles should come with auto headlights, far to often I see retards driving around in the dead of night with no lights on because they are clueless idiots.
Thats how the police spot the DUI's
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #37
Mr. iNCREDIBLE


 
Mr. iNCREDIBLE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SoCal Baby...
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
Thats how the police spot the DUI's

DUI = Dumb Useless Idiot?
__________________
"A world 100% full of Prius drivers is still 100% addicted to oil. " ~ E. Musk
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #38
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
yeah, i know, I just dont feel comfortable cutting up my headlights, plus i really dont have the time to do it, like i said I have Carbon GTS covers on now, plus I'm getting the 4300k color and oly the 35 watt kit so it shouldn'y be bad.
Just excuses. You don't have to cut anything up and it takes like 3 hours start to finish. You try and improve your headlights by blinding other people because you covered up your headlights?? At least idiots are entertaining.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #39
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Just excuses. You don't have to cut anything up and it takes like 3 hours start to finish. You try and improve your headlights by blinding other people because you covered up your headlights?? At least idiots are entertaining.
I covered my headlights so they dont look like shit in 2-3 years like everyone elses and to black out the entire grill during the day which looks really good. and any headlights will blind people dumb ebough to stare directly into them. Why do people like you have a fetish running around telling other people what they have to do? If projectors reduce the brightness of the headlights to prevent from blinding people like you say then they are a waste of money and time anyway. And then your risking ruining the lights or having problems with them like condesation for nothing. Now that's idiotic. The only reason they put those pieces of junk on factory cars is because the loser government makes them do it.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #40
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
Lmao. Projectors don't dim the light. They focus the light and make a nice cutoff so the light goes where the driver needs it to see the road. A projector makes the light much brighter yet prevents the brighter light from blinding others. Are you like 15 or something?? Idk of any car where the headlights look like shit if they aren't covered. Your an idiot. Plain and simple. Your parents just bought you a cool car and you want to know how to work on it but you have no clue how to even follow a step by step video on how to retrofit. The government doesn't force the factory to use projectors. It's just what some people call the right way to do it. Your doing it the hackjob way. If you want to hack up a nice car go for it. Sucks you can't afford a real HID kit.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #41
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,070
C586 is to the point but he is correct and is telling you the right way to do it.

Don't do the HID bulbs, do a true retrofit and TRS is without a doubt the place to go. Go through this thread.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120440
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #42
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
A projector makes the light much brighter yet prevents the brighter light from blinding others.... Your doing it the hackjob way. If you want to hack up a nice car go for it.

that makes absolutely no sense.
and I'm not hacking up my car, if I put those stupid projectors in, then that would be hacking up the car.
futhermore just about every feature on a car is regualted by the loser government and I'd bet my right arm that includes headlights too.


beam cutoff is just another word for adjusting your headlights.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #43
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
that makes absolutely no sense.
and I'm not hacking up my car, if I put those stupid projectors in, then that would be hacking up the car.
futhermore just about every feature on a car is regualted by the loser government and I'd bet my right arm that includes headlights too.


beam cutoff is just another word for adjusting your headlights.
:troll:

You obviously have absolutley no clue about HID projectors and how they work.

I guess if you call opening up your headlights hacking up your car then my car has been hacked to hell for about 2yrs now. Pretty good hack job though if I must say so myself.
Attached Images
 
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #44
Mr. iNCREDIBLE


 
Mr. iNCREDIBLE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SoCal Baby...
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post

beam cutoff is just another word for adjusting your headlights.

not quite..

a) It doesn't matter if you have your mega bright xenon bulbs "aimed properly", or even aimed lower at the ground OR aimed directly to the ground for that matter, nor does it matter if you "tested" your xenon/hid kit while driving in another car to make sure you're not blinding someone, you will see what you want to see, everyone else will see, well, nothing depending where they're situated from you, cause you'll still be blinding them. The focal points of actual xenon bulbs most certainly will not be designed for the stock reflector housing or will be of poor rebased bulb quality resulting in light scatter, when the focal point is blocked, placed too far forwards or backwards ( talking millimeters or even less), or sitting in a spot where it's not designed to be placed then what tends to happen is excessive and infinite light trajectory paths, see below :

Notice anything about how this talon is driving parallel by this honda? Which one has HID bulbs in stock halogen housings I wonder? Oh yes.. the talon's "properly aimed" HID lights are beaming at the camera, the honda's halogens are not, both facing the same direction away from the camera. A motorist's iris' are more sensitive then the camera's iris, the camera is only picking up what it can see and regulate to record, but trust me there's way more of those excess beam patterns then what a human eye or a camera can see, and it hurts.. some more then others. It's like looking at the stars, you can see a star somewhere in your peripheral vision, but when you look there that star disappears, its the same idea, it's hidden light. Here is another example picture of this "aimed" kit:

Supposedly these headlamps and fog lamps have been "aimed properly". How can you aim a light properly if it's not used for it's proper designed application? The simple answer is you can not, that is not how this stuff is engineered. You will see this exact same thing above if he were driving in the fog on the highway, one beam pattern aimed as close as correctly possible down and forwards, and then multiple maybe countless others (depending on POV) pointed straight sideways and even up to the sky. From the same distance with a halogen or a projector you should only be able to see a beam patten angling towards the ground without blowing out the camera, not light aiming everywhere else and then at the ground. If this guy has aimed these properly, how is possible that the camera is photographing blue light ABOVE the car, all the while the POV is above the car? Does this look as cool as you think? Well it looks like ****. Bright ****. Really bright ****.

b) An HID bulb needs to be fit in to a proper projection housing with proper cut off shields (built for D*S or D*R bulbs) or else it will glare/haze out at other drivers and blind them, same as light scatter, it does not matter how you have them aimed, you cannot control the glare. Most would think glare is a reflection of light off of a shiny object or wet ground, but when it comes to HID's or xenon bulbs being installed into unsuitable headlamps, glare is a nasty by-product of an improper set-up because the beam pattern of an arc bulb is sending light EVERYWHERE, the light produced refracts off the lenses, shrouds, chrome and reflectors in the stock halogen housings, even when "properly aimed". One way to tell if you're HID's are glaring (and consequently blinding other motorists) is simply looking at your headlamp. If the whole assembly is blown out with light (like so) then your answer is yes, you are totally glaring, and it is not cool to glare.

Here is what this looks like at a distance:

Mmmm attractive, so cool and blue looking.. and a disorganized mess of light that is hard to look at even momentarily.. this owner was courteous enough to aim them lower towards the ground to compensate for using xenon's in halogen housing. Granted all these shots are taken above the height of the talon. Looks like that worked out well.

Here's what that "properly lower aimed" glare and light scatter look like when they're combined facing head on, and even from an elevated POV.

Would the del sol's head lamps look just like this at the same angle? The answer is a definite no. Why? Because the honda has the correct bulbs in the correct housings that are designed for one another, the beam pattern is going to spread towards more where it has to and less of where it doesn't. The camera may catch a little bit of glare but it's not enough to compare to that awesomely blue brightness..

To summarize, while thinking of another members recent post, yes, only asshats put HID bulbs in stock halogen reflector housings (poll option lol) especially in trucks and SUVS that have headlamps situated higher up. They will blind in ways that you cannot see, you can aim the main beams forwards and down, but that doesn't stop these intense light bulbs from aiming visible or non visible light absolutely everywhere else at the same time. Using an HID kit in an aftermarket projector housing or stock projector housing will still scatter light and glare (unless they are designed for use with D*S or D*R bulbs), but not as bad as a normal halogen reflector housing.

Sure, you've driven with these kits for months, years, or half a decade+ without ever getting pulled over or ticketed. This may be because almost everyone is chasing after that "hid blue look" (which is, in fact a by-product of a legit HID system's light cut off), it's too popular to go 'xenon blue and blind', so there's no point in police trying to get people on this anymore.

There is a reason why certain housings and bulbs are specifically designed for use with one another, there is a reason why cars today with HID equipped lighting are required to have self leveling computer/mechanical systems (2.5 degree drop per X distance < theoretical ex), there is a reason why arc bulbs are a completely different design than halogen bulbs, there is a reason why OEM HID's appear lightly colored in a distance and white when near and it cannot be replicated with a xenon/HID retrofit kit or by any halogen housing.





http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y5n38wDe684#!
__________________
"A world 100% full of Prius drivers is still 100% addicted to oil. " ~ E. Musk
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #45
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
You are just an idiot. Plain and simple. Very entertaining though. Ill ask again. Are you like 15?? I've been working with HID lighting for over 5 years. You haven't even been a teenager that long. Every car in my driveway is retrofitted. Both my gfs cars. My plow truck and plow. My 2 cars and my GSX-R. Not one of them is hacked. Your treating your car like a monkey with a civic. Too bad stupid doesn't hurt cuz you would be in a ton of pain.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #46
CuSStomRS
 
CuSStomRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SSRS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 139
Does this also stop the abl from coming on automatically at night when you open the door??
CuSStomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #47
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
not quite..

a) It doesn't matter if you have your mega bright xenon bulbs "aimed properly", or even aimed lower at the ground OR aimed directly to the ground for that matter, nor does it matter if you "tested" your xenon/hid kit while driving in another car to make sure you're not blinding someone, you will see what you want to see, everyone else will see, well, nothing depending where they're situated from you, cause you'll still be blinding them. The focal points of actual xenon bulbs most certainly will not be designed for the stock reflector housing or will be of poor rebased bulb quality resulting in light scatter, when the focal point is blocked, placed too far forwards or backwards ( talking millimeters or even less), or sitting in a spot where it's not designed to be placed then what tends to happen is excessive and infinite light trajectory paths, see below :

Notice anything about how this talon is driving parallel by this honda? Which one has HID bulbs in stock halogen housings I wonder? Oh yes.. the talon's "properly aimed" HID lights are beaming at the camera, the honda's halogens are not, both facing the same direction away from the camera. A motorist's iris' are more sensitive then the camera's iris, the camera is only picking up what it can see and regulate to record, but trust me there's way more of those excess beam patterns then what a human eye or a camera can see, and it hurts.. some more then others. It's like looking at the stars, you can see a star somewhere in your peripheral vision, but when you look there that star disappears, its the same idea, it's hidden light. Here is another example picture of this "aimed" kit:

Supposedly these headlamps and fog lamps have been "aimed properly". How can you aim a light properly if it's not used for it's proper designed application? The simple answer is you can not, that is not how this stuff is engineered. You will see this exact same thing above if he were driving in the fog on the highway, one beam pattern aimed as close as correctly possible down and forwards, and then multiple maybe countless others (depending on POV) pointed straight sideways and even up to the sky. From the same distance with a halogen or a projector you should only be able to see a beam patten angling towards the ground without blowing out the camera, not light aiming everywhere else and then at the ground. If this guy has aimed these properly, how is possible that the camera is photographing blue light ABOVE the car, all the while the POV is above the car? Does this look as cool as you think? Well it looks like ****. Bright ****. Really bright ****.

b) An HID bulb needs to be fit in to a proper projection housing with proper cut off shields (built for D*S or D*R bulbs) or else it will glare/haze out at other drivers and blind them, same as light scatter, it does not matter how you have them aimed, you cannot control the glare. Most would think glare is a reflection of light off of a shiny object or wet ground, but when it comes to HID's or xenon bulbs being installed into unsuitable headlamps, glare is a nasty by-product of an improper set-up because the beam pattern of an arc bulb is sending light EVERYWHERE, the light produced refracts off the lenses, shrouds, chrome and reflectors in the stock halogen housings, even when "properly aimed". One way to tell if you're HID's are glaring (and consequently blinding other motorists) is simply looking at your headlamp. If the whole assembly is blown out with light (like so) then your answer is yes, you are totally glaring, and it is not cool to glare.

Here is what this looks like at a distance:

Mmmm attractive, so cool and blue looking.. and a disorganized mess of light that is hard to look at even momentarily.. this owner was courteous enough to aim them lower towards the ground to compensate for using xenon's in halogen housing. Granted all these shots are taken above the height of the talon. Looks like that worked out well.

Here's what that "properly lower aimed" glare and light scatter look like when they're combined facing head on, and even from an elevated POV.

Would the del sol's head lamps look just like this at the same angle? The answer is a definite no. Why? Because the honda has the correct bulbs in the correct housings that are designed for one another, the beam pattern is going to spread towards more where it has to and less of where it doesn't. The camera may catch a little bit of glare but it's not enough to compare to that awesomely blue brightness..

To summarize, while thinking of another members recent post, yes, only asshats put HID bulbs in stock halogen reflector housings (poll option lol) especially in trucks and SUVS that have headlamps situated higher up. They will blind in ways that you cannot see, you can aim the main beams forwards and down, but that doesn't stop these intense light bulbs from aiming visible or non visible light absolutely everywhere else at the same time. Using an HID kit in an aftermarket projector housing or stock projector housing will still scatter light and glare (unless they are designed for use with D*S or D*R bulbs), but not as bad as a normal halogen reflector housing.

Sure, you've driven with these kits for months, years, or half a decade+ without ever getting pulled over or ticketed. This may be because almost everyone is chasing after that "hid blue look" (which is, in fact a by-product of a legit HID system's light cut off), it's too popular to go 'xenon blue and blind', so there's no point in police trying to get people on this anymore.

There is a reason why certain housings and bulbs are specifically designed for use with one another, there is a reason why cars today with HID equipped lighting are required to have self leveling computer/mechanical systems (2.5 degree drop per X distance < theoretical ex), there is a reason why arc bulbs are a completely different design than halogen bulbs, there is a reason why OEM HID's appear lightly colored in a distance and white when near and it cannot be replicated with a xenon/HID retrofit kit or by any halogen housing.





http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y5n38wDe684#!

the only thing you proved with all that hot air was that 55w HID's are brighter than halogens, you didnt show any pictures of projectors with hid's head on because they would do the exact same thing.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #48
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
How dumb are you?? If projectors performed the same as reflectors why would car makers spend millions in R & D developing projectors?? So they could waste money?? Because that makes sense. Why was the retrofit industry around?? Just because?? Why does every modern car with HID use projectors?? Obviously your so much smarter than all those people. Why don't you make some new kind of lighting if your such a genius and you single handedly know more about lighting than every other person in the auto industry?? Oh right. Your dumber than a rock. I almost forgot. You have yet to make any kind of intelligent statement. Ever. You still haven't answered me so I'm guessing I'm right. You are 15 aren't you?? You should leave the real cars to adults. You should give the camaro to your sister and get a car made for little hacks like you. A 1989 crx would be a perfect car for you.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #49
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
How dumb are you?? If projectors performed the same as reflectors why would car makers spend millions in R & D developing projectors?? So they could waste money?? Because that makes sense. Why was the retrofit industry around?? Just because?? Why does every modern car with HID use projectors?? Obviously your so much smarter than all those people. Why don't you make some new kind of lighting if your such a genius and you single handedly know more about lighting than every other person in the auto industry?? Oh right. Your dumber than a rock. I almost forgot. You have yet to make any kind of intelligent statement. Ever. You still haven't answered me so I'm guessing I'm right. You are 15 aren't you?? You should leave the real cars to adults. You should give the camaro to your sister and get a car made for little hacks like you. A 1989 crx would be a perfect car for you.
you dont know anything about marketing & govt reuglation do you?? why do people pay 4 times as much for nikes just becaise they have stupid lebron james on them? why do people pay 4 times as much for factory HID's? Why does everyone have to have those stupid glow in the dark handles in their trunks? why does every parking lot have 3 handicap spaces that no one ever uses? because it's a ripoff.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #50
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
you dont know anything about marketing & govt reuglation do you?? why do people pay 4 times as much for nikes just becaise they have stupid lebron james on them? why do people pay 4 times as much for factory HID's? Why does everyone have to have those stupid glow in the dark handles in their trunks? why does every parking lot have 3 handicap spaces that no one ever uses? because it's a ripoff.
Ill admit I don't know much but you just proved that I know more than you. People pay more for HID because the system costs more. The government has nothing to do with the price of some shitty pair of sneakers. They cost more because Nike had to pay him to be on their sneakers. So they pass that cost onto idiots like you that throw a temper tantrum when your parents don't buy them for you. You know cuz your 15 and don't earn anything on your own. But at least you look cool until that well runs dry. The glow in the dark handles are there for a real reason. When you talk crap to the wrong person and they throw you in a trunk even somebody as dumb as you can get out. So when a 4 year old accidentally gets locked in they won't suffocate. And handicapped people use handicapped parking. Are you trolling or are you really this dumb??
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM offers sneak peek of Detroit auto show display KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 7 12-02-2013 06:01 PM
Wanted: How To disable auto dim side mirror 2SSRS-CGM Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 30 02-18-2011 03:42 PM
2006 TRAVERSE CITY AUTO CONFERENCE KILLER74Z28 Off-topic Discussions 2 09-18-2010 10:45 AM
Z/28 Auto? I sure hope its an option cuz its quicker in the CTS-V BigDan Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 110 06-25-2010 01:38 AM
Iacocca rips auto industry, warns: Don't sell Chrysler KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 6 04-14-2007 12:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.