Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Night Owl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #51
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
the only thing you proved with all that hot air was that 55w HID's are brighter than halogens, you didnt show any pictures of projectors with hid's head on because they would do the exact same thing.
no they don't:

projector vs. no projector:

Projector:

same car no projector:

Government regulation has zero to do with the use and expense of HIDs if it did EVERY CAR WOULD HAVE THEM NOT JUST HIGHER PRICED MODELS.

Gov't regulation = Airbags, 5mph bumpers, seat belts, anti-lock brakes, red brake lights...

Basically anything that is considered a required safety feature.

HIDs are not a required item on any vehicle in the USA or Canada, they are an OPTIONAL item, but they must meet DOT requirements for proper light output, intensity and focus.

----

on a side note, I did not at any time insult your or post anything derogatory toward or about you (like you opted too toward me), I simply posted information so you and anyone else in this thread could further educate themselves on the differences between an HID bulb in a refractory housing and an HID bulb in a proper housing.

I see now that you suffer from inmate mentality, and therefore cannot be reached, educated, or enlightened, so I am done with you.

inmate mentality: the thought process invoked by convicted criminals in which whatever they think up in their pea sized brains is truth, even with no basis in fact and even when proved wrong over and over by vastly superior people with vastly superior intellect, they continue to cling on to the notion that because they thought it up it is truth and fact where in fact it is usually fantasy and fiction..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #52
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
no they don't:

projector vs. no projector:

Projector:

same car no projector:

Government regulation has zero to do with the use and expense of HIDs if it did EVERY CAR WOULD HAVE THEM NOT JUST HIGHER PRICED MODELS.

Gov't regulation = Airbags, 5mph bumpers, seat belts, anti-lock brakes, red brake lights...

Basically anything that is considered a required safety feature.

HIDs are not a required item on any vehicle in the USA or Canada, they are an OPTIONAL item, but they must meet DOT requirements for proper light output, intensity and focus.

----

on a side note, I did not at any time insult your or post anything derogatory toward or about you (like you opted too toward me), I simply posted information so you and anyone else in this thread could further educate themselves on the differences between an HID bulb in a refractory housing and an HID bulb in a proper housing.

I see now that you suffer from inmate mentality, and therefore cannot be reached, educated, or enlightened, so I am done with you.

inmate mentality: the thought process invoked by convicted criminals in which whatever they think up in their pea sized brains is truth, even with no basis in fact and even when proved wrong over and over by vastly superior people with vastly superior intellect, they continue to cling on to the notion that because they thought it up it is truth and fact where in fact it is usually fantasy and fiction..

amazing, you have proved my point, there is almost no difference between the 2. Infact I like the Halogen lamps better because they dont have that stupid cutoff line but it's bacisally like lebron james nikes & non-labron james nikes, onbe has a slightly different look so suckers pay twice as much for them.

oh nd I love how in one sentence you say govt regulation has nothing to do with it and then in the next one admit that HID's are regualted byt he government, so which is it again?

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 11-15-2012 at 10:48 PM.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #53
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
All headlights are regulated so they don't blind others on the road. Not just HiD. Would you care if everyone that drove at you just turned their high beams on?? Because thats shat your gonna be doing to everyone else. If i lived near you id take your headlights out with my bat. I am willing to bet alot of money that if you could have afforded the RS package you would have. Too bad your parents could only afford a base model. Lol at stupid cutoff line. Every single person that cares about lighting on their car wants that line. Your the biggest fail on this site. I still gotta know, are you trolling or are you really this dumb?? Are you even old enough to drive??
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #54
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
amazing, you have proved my point, there is almost no difference between the 2. Infact I like the Halogen lamps better because they dont have that stupid cutoff line but it's bacisally like lebron james nikes & non-labron james nikes, onbe has a slightly different look so suckers pay twice as much for them.

oh nd I love how in one sentence you say govt regulation has nothing to do with it and then in the next one admit that HID's are regualted byt he government, so which is it again?

inmate mentality: the thought process invoked by internet trolls in which whatever they think up in their pea sized brains is truth, even with no basis in fact and even when proved wrong over and over by vastly superior people with vastly superior intellect, they continue to cling on to the notion that because they thought it up it is truth and fact where in fact it is usually fantasy and fiction..
Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #55
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
[QUOTE=C586;5813225] Lol at stupid cutoff line. Every single person that cares about lighting on their car wants that line. QUOTE]

just like every fool wants lebron james nikes.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #56
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:

just like every fool wants lebron james nikes.
I don't care what kind of sneakers your parents bought for you. At 15 you should have a job and at least buy your own sneakers.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote