Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
shroomjohn

 
shroomjohn's Avatar
 
Drives: Golden Eagle
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: No
Posts: 1,137
Just got my suppliers discount confirmed!!!!!!!

Just got off the phone w my dealer he said that when I place my order they will honor my suppliers discount (which is just a hair over invoice I think 2%)! I was gonna wait till July but after hearing that its on to con my wife lol. Also spoke w him about being locked into a car or them selling it out from under me once it gets there. He said you have 2 choices 1 sign a contract locking you into the car which means u wont lose it but your stuck w what u get meaning no mind changing or ordering w/o signing anything and technically they could sell to someone else but most dealers want cust. return bizz and wouldnt pull that.:party0038:
shroomjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
aston70
 
aston70's Avatar
 
Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 298
That's good news! I'm still waiting to hear back about mine.
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!
 
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
Just got off the phone w my dealer he said that when I place my order they will honor my suppliers discount (which is just a hair over invoice I think 2%)! I was gonna wait till July but after hearing that its on to con my wife lol. Also spoke w him about being locked into a car or them selling it out from under me once it gets there. He said you have 2 choices 1 sign a contract locking you into the car which means u wont lose it but your stuck w what u get meaning no mind changing or ordering w/o signing anything and technically they could sell to someone else but most dealers want cust. return bizz and wouldnt pull that.:party0038:
That doesn't sound like a supplier deal to me brother. My advice be patient.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
aston70
 
aston70's Avatar
 
Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 298
I thought this was kinda funny. When I select model it allows me to choose 'Concept Camaro'...
Attached Images
 
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,747
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
that isnt a great deal, i got $500 under invoice from my dealer and thats just because im a nice guy, oh wait some one just said they were doing that for everyone...
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
shroomjohn

 
shroomjohn's Avatar
 
Drives: Golden Eagle
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: No
Posts: 1,137
I dont think you ll b getting a camaro 500 under invoice. The supplier s discount is the same for everyone who qualifies which is roughly 13% under msrp which on a 30000 maro thats 3900 off I'll wear a skirt if getting a better deal than that is a common thing in the beginning...lol
shroomjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me
 
GothamCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NW Gotham, IL
Posts: 1,599
I have the GM supplier discount too but when I checked it out back in April, it didn't have the Concept Camaro listed. That is funny.

I know CamaroScotty said he would honor GM supplier discounts but don't know how much that would be as it wouldn't tell me and no one in my workplace that I know has used it for their car purchases.

So really? Roughly 13% under MSRP? Hmm.. wasn't thinking that much, that is making me even more hyped if accurate. Scotty, is that about right? Anyone? Bueller?
__________________
Own- "Does it come in Black?" Exterior/ Grey Interior 2LT/RS Automatic
_____________________________________
The Batman would only drive a 2010 Camaro and buy from Camaro Scotty. 'Nuff said.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
KarlChev
 
Drives: Silverado 1500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ankeny Iowa
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
that isnt a great deal, i got $500 under invoice from my dealer and thats just because im a nice guy, oh wait some one just said they were doing that for everyone...
Really? $500 under invoice, on a car that will be going for MSRP all day long? I'd love to know how you got that deal. What dealer?
KarlChev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me
 
GothamCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NW Gotham, IL
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
Really? $500 under invoice, on a car that will be going for MSRP all day long? I'd love to know how you got that deal. What dealer?
I would say an awesome dealer.
__________________
Own- "Does it come in Black?" Exterior/ Grey Interior 2LT/RS Automatic
_____________________________________
The Batman would only drive a 2010 Camaro and buy from Camaro Scotty. 'Nuff said.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,747
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Dave Smith, Kellogg Idaho. to qoute their ad's Its worth the drive from anywhere.

thing is when you sell 80 cars per day, you can make alot more money on alot less margin.
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
KarlChev
 
Drives: Silverado 1500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ankeny Iowa
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
Dave Smith, Kellogg Idaho. to qoute their ad's Its worth the drive from anywhere.

thing is when you sell 80 cars per day, you can make alot more money on alot less margin.

Nice. I had always heard that they sold everything at invoice. That would be something if they did that with the Camaro.
KarlChev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
aston70
 
aston70's Avatar
 
Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
I have the GM supplier discount too but when I checked it out back in April, it didn't have the Concept Camaro listed. That is funny.

I know CamaroScotty said he would honor GM supplier discounts but don't know how much that would be as it wouldn't tell me and no one in my workplace that I know has used it for their car purchases.

So really? Roughly 13% under MSRP? Hmm.. wasn't thinking that much, that is making me even more hyped if accurate. Scotty, is that about right? Anyone? Bueller?

I saw Concept Camaro listed several months ago and even got an authorization number on it. I was later sent some info in the mail basically saying they were definately going to build the car. But obviously you can't actually buy the car. That authorization has since expired. I went ahead and did it again. I have a new authorization number. Probably won't mean anything, but we'll see.

When you go to the website it gives you some pricing examples. Here's an example for a G8 GT Sedan...
Attached Images
 
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #13
KarlChev
 
Drives: Silverado 1500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ankeny Iowa
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
I have the GM supplier discount too but when I checked it out back in April, it didn't have the Concept Camaro listed. That is funny.

I know CamaroScotty said he would honor GM supplier discounts but don't know how much that would be as it wouldn't tell me and no one in my workplace that I know has used it for their car purchases.

So really? Roughly 13% under MSRP? Hmm.. wasn't thinking that much, that is making me even more hyped if accurate. Scotty, is that about right? Anyone? Bueller?
MSRP on a V6 Malibu starts at $26,440. Supplier Price would be $25,255.

I am still not convinced that the new Camaro will be priced less than a V6 Malibu that is equipped the same.
KarlChev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:17 PM   #14
KarlChev
 
Drives: Silverado 1500
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ankeny Iowa
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
I saw Concept Camaro listed several months ago and even got an authorization number on it. I was later sent some info in the mail basically saying they were definately going to build the car. But obviously you can't actually buy the car. That authorization has since expired. I went ahead and did it again. I have a new authorization number. Probably won't mean anything, but we'll see.

When you go to the website it gives you some pricing examples. Here's an example for a G8 GT Sedan...
He gets Supplier not GMS. It will be a long time before you see Employee Pricing on a Camaro.
KarlChev is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you want the Z28? ChrisB Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 1616 09-04-2010 11:49 PM
How does the GM Supplier Discount work? Casull Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 42 11-14-2009 01:26 PM
Military Discount? Ry4nVan Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 17 10-17-2008 01:44 PM
Camaro available in First Quarter 2009, Confirmed drummerstevey Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 9 05-13-2008 12:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.