Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-31-2016, 02:04 PM   #1
MarioSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (RS LS3)
1LE shocks/struts or BC coilovers

Hello guys

I am considering lowering my 2010 SS. Plan is to either go with BMR 1.25" springs, or APEX 1.25" springs, coupled with 1LE shocks and struts.
But for the same price I can geta set of BC coilovers.

My car is daily driven, and roads here are terrible! I don't do any Auto X, just spirited driving.
I am aiming to have a better more aggressive stance, while improving the car handling. And still have a comfortable ride for daily driving.

Looking forward to hear what you guys suggest. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
MarioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:29 AM   #2
MarioSS

Come on guys
Old 02-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #3
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
!
Old 02-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #4
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
none of you options above will leave you with a nice and comfortable ride. the stock ride quality isn't even nice. your best bet is coilovers. i wouldn't waste my time on the 1le suspension bits. Ive seen plenty of guys take them off their 1le's and put on coilovers. the coilovers will offer you a lot of adjustability which is very nice. You can get your ride height exactly where you want it and not be stuck with the one way street that springs are.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:09 PM   #5
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
From a ride quality standpoint you will not beat coilovers, I have run the BC's for over 60k and anyone who has a stock suspension Camaro will always comment on how much better my car rides.

It is one of the things I like the most.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushings, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Nitto Motivos, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:58 AM   #6
MarioSS

Cheers guys! really appreciate your inputs.

With the BC's are the any click and clunks noises or its dead silent?

Lastly do I need to drill my trunk to have the adjusters mounted? Or I can keep them off and just install them when I need to do any adjustment?

Old 02-02-2016, 06:54 AM   #7
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '73 Camaro SS, '77 T/A
I really considered the drop spring route, but decided to go with the BC ER's instead. They are on order, along with a whole mess of BMR suspension parts. Did a lot of research on the forum and with vendors to select the BMR Parts (PM if you are interested). I figured the adjust-ability of the coil over for ride height and dampening was worth the investment, we shall see. Lots of other C/O's out there, but the price can get outrageous, and like you, my car is for aggressive street use only.
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:39 AM   #8
MarioSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
I really considered the drop spring route, but decided to go with the BC ER's instead. They are on order, along with a whole mess of BMR suspension parts. Did a lot of research on the forum and with vendors to select the BMR Parts (PM if you are interested). I figured the adjust-ability of the coil over for ride height and dampening was worth the investment, we shall see. Lots of other C/O's out there, but the price can get outrageous, and like you, my car is for aggressive street use only.
Appreciate your offer brother! Would love to know where you got your coilovers from and for how much.

Still have a long way to reach such setup like yours.

Think I am going to start with BC coilovers too

Old 02-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #9
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Here's my experience:
Started stock (of course), went with Pedders Xa's and Solution B sway bars. Very noticeable ride and performance improvement--no noises. Put 50K+ miles on them and wanted something different. The Pedders never leaked, but there was some rust on the springs. Didn't affect performance and you couldn't see the rust unless you put the car on a lift. But I'm OCD about my car so...

Switched to Ridetech. Great performance and quality materials and construction. But...a lot of noise--clunks, rattles, etc. Ridetechs are noisy because there is NO rubber in any of the attachment points. Makes for great performance, but noisy. Couldn't live with the noise on a DD so...

Went with BMR 1" lowering springs and 1LE struts and shocks. Much quieter and solid feeling with performance almost as good as the Ridetechs. The BMR springs give me the same stance as the Xa's and Ridtechs. I think my current ride quality is only slightly more stiff than the stock springs, but I really like how the car feels more solid and connected--and quiet. I realize a lot of my performance comes from the Pfadt sway bars, with the ZL1 rear LCA and outboard sway bar mounts, but my car now feels like a single, connected machine, not just a chassis set on top of some springs.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #10
MarioSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
Here's my experience:
Started stock (of course), went with Pedders Xa's and Solution B sway bars. Very noticeable ride and performance improvement--no noises. Put 50K+ miles on them and wanted something different. The Pedders never leaked, but there was some rust on the springs. Didn't affect performance and you couldn't see the rust unless you put the car on a lift. But I'm OCD about my car so...

Switched to Ridetech. Great performance and quality materials and construction. But...a lot of noise--clunks, rattles, etc. Ridetechs are noisy because there is NO rubber in any of the attachment points. Makes for great performance, but noisy. Couldn't live with the noise on a DD so...

Went with BMR 1" lowering springs and 1LE struts and shocks. Much quieter and solid feeling with performance almost as good as the Ridetechs. The BMR springs give me the same stance as the Xa's and Ridtechs. I think my current ride quality is only slightly more stiff than the stock springs, but I really like how the car feels more solid and connected--and quiet. I realize a lot of my performance comes from the Pfadt sway bars, with the ZL1 rear LCA and outboard sway bar mounts, but my car now feels like a single, connected machine, not just a chassis set on top of some springs.
One great input man! Thanks a million

Old 02-12-2016, 11:12 PM   #11
C-redfly

Drives: 2012 completely Red Camaro
My BC coilovers make clunks and click noises but I only hear it when I'm parking or parallel parking.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:28 AM   #12
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Check your endlinks and be sure they are tight....you will be surprised at how much articulation there is in the front suspension.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushings, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Nitto Motivos, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote