Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:16 AM   #1
DSPark13

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD D/A
Another Heater Core Failure

My wife's 2010 Camaro SS recently started leaking a bit of coolant onto the passenger floorboard with the distinct odor inside the car. We dropped it off at the dealership to have them diagnose the issue and sure enough as we suspected, the heater core is leaking.

In the meanwhile, I started researching on the forum and found many others who have had the same issue, some under warranty and others not. The ones not under warranty costing between $1500-$2000 for the repair with replacement of the heater core, windshield and labor. I then found where someone had posted TSB #PIC-5457A which addresses this known issue. With this TSB, should I expect GM to cover any part of the cost to replace the heater core and windshield?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Derrick
DSPark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:32 AM   #2
essess

Drives: 10 camaro ss
No, a tsb is nothing more than information to technicians of a common or difficult to diagnose problem. The only way the heater core would be covered out of warranty is a recall or an extended coverage but unfortunately we have neither
essess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
To get you by until the repair you can disconnect the heater hoses from the engine and put a small piece of hose over the connectors in a U fashion. Good luck