Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #226
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by codz View Post
hello, i am new and have a continuing problem with new 2012 ls camaro.
i bought it on oct 13 and oct 15th was back to dealer for seven days. they said it was a starter, said it was fixed. next morning same problems, didn't drive it until next monday the 24th of oct to take it back to dealer. they had it for another week, did all kinds of tests they said, and it is the battery cable losing an amp. engineers in detroit are working on a fix..supposedly. this time they wouldn't give me a service ticket or hand write one- when it came back, to when i got it back, and what was done to it. said it is an open ticket and waiting for a "fix" from engineers. i have driven it for six days and it happened again i think..a diesel truck came by when i started it so i couldn't tell 100%.
so i havn't heard from them in a week about the "fix". i am asking, are they giving me the run around??
thanks in advance
Codz, Any update on your issues? If you still aren't getting any answers from the dealer, then I would call the customer support number and open a case. That can sometimes help get things moving along.

Pete
Old 11-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #227
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
codz, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your dealer. If you'd like I can get you into contact with our Customer Assistance team to try and get this addressed at a better pace. I would also suggest trying to contact your dealer again to make sure things are moving forward on their side as well. Let me know if you want that case started. I hope these suggestions help.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #228
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
I was customer serviced in the ass - thank u.
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #229
codz

Drives: 2012 ls

thanks for the reply, both of you.
i will contact the dealer and see how it goes.
then i will take your suggestion.
and i will keep everyone informed.
thanks
codz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #230
nuptualnemesis
NuptualNemesis

Drives: Silver 1SS M6 - 480hp 11.57/120.79
Warranty Law Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Everyone needs to figure out how to exist in this thread without getting personal.

Lets all consider a couple things here.

NO one with a modified Camaro should expect, without question, GM to fix their car. TSB or not.

What the Dealer tells you is NOT always justification for you to Balst GM. They are indeed individual companies that may or may not elect to repair your car under warranty, and some may even do it at their own cost. But that is NOT GM's Call.

GM has been consistent... If you make an internal modification you are most likely to be on your own. What the dealer does is between you and them.

This thread exists to help people elevate their problems. Not to act as an advocate. Remember GM decides if they will reimburse the dealer for the repair... Not the other way around. If you modify your car you better hope you have a good relationship with your dealer. We've proven GM is not likely to fix a modified car.

Does it suck? Absolutely. But at this stage in the game there is no excuse for not knowing the risk.

If the dealer's justification for not repairing under warranty sucks, that is between you and them. If you want to elevate you claim then this is a place for some assistance in that process. That's it.

I apologize for the rant, I have friends on both sides of this issue.

And I've had a dealer ask me to sign a waiver just to get an alignment because my car is modified...

I needed a new PDIM for the CC package and I almost didn't get that due to my supercharger.... Not GM's fault. The dealer didn't want to do it.
I had my car transported to the dealer two weeks ago. The clutch was sticking and the slave cylinder was leaking and needed to be replaced. They said no warranty and the estimate was $1,080.00 plus tax. My car is modified but extra torque, horsepower or computer tune could not affect the slave cylinder.

I called customer service because my clutch sticking is a known problem. My car is modified and has a tune. However, the leaking slave cylinder is a known problem with a PIP in 2009 but no TSB ever issued. Under the Magnunson-Moss Warranty Act - Aftermarket Parts, Jun 1, 2002 ..15 U.S.C. 2301, et seq. a manufacturer must show a modification caused the problem they refuse to warranty. My transmission out put shaft broke when the car was 3 weeks old and only had headers. The dealer advised GM was making a courtesy repair and the warranty on my car was voided. I informed them that they could not do that and they can't. Customer service put the dealer on the line and agreed, since car was modified my entire drive train warranty is void. I asked if there was any appeal or mediation and Customer Service said NO.

I sent a letter to GM legal Dept., address on Internet, no phone number, threatening a law suit. I am an attorney. I got a call asking for my fax. I received a letter from a GM Consumer Expert/Agent who said they requested I participate in their Warranty Early Resolution program designed to obtain a resolution within 45 days. Customer service said NO APPEAL to their decision. They wanted a Lien Release and Financing Information and Release to obtain my payment history? I sent the other things they asked for and asked them about Camaro defects, warranty claims, modified vehicles etc. I asked if I had to wait 45 days to get my car fixed. Awaiting a response.

I would think a lawsuit is imminent and will start a new thread unless they pay for the repairs. The MMA awards attorney fees and damages for wrongful denial of warranty repairs.
nuptualnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #231
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Good Luck! I agree and don't see how more HP would effect the slave cylinder.
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #232
codz

Drives: 2012 ls
the dealer e-mailed me saying "engineers" closed the ticket on my car deeming it "fixed".
they cleaned the battery cable. known problem on the 2010. mine is 2012. they had offered a couple of payments for my trouble. i said extend factory warranty instead. he said that could be a good idea for everyone. now they are going to pay one payment.
said engineers won't budge. huh, i didn't know engineers ran their business.
how can a brand new car have dirty battery cables? have a bad feeling this car will be nothing but trouble. not happy.
codz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #233
fast34me

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Essentially, what some of you people are saying, by putting a 'Tune' on your Camaro, this is justification for GM to null and void your warranty. I say BS. If putting an 'aggressive' tune on the Camaro is enough to destroy the transmission, then the transmission, and the Camaro, by exstention, is a POS to begin with.

A 1st year engineering student SHOULD have enough knowledge to derate a transmission to prevent a failure from an aggressive 'Tune'.

Who in their right mind creates an engine, spec.'d at 426HP, but capable of over 500, and then mates it to a 6spd transmission with a maximum torque rating of 430lbs.?

Poor choices by GM, Ray Charles could see that.....
fast34me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #234
rdaggett

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS
If your getting the run around on this ... My 2010 SS is just starting to have the low peddle @ 12k and I will need to call the dealer ..... I have a contact at GM ....call Russell Dowdell 313-667-7153 and state that the dealership is giving you a run around and explain to him the issue. This is how I got them to fix the wing chip issue and had a TSB created for it.

He said he liked my car and let me off with a warning. Next Day I got a ticket ....
rdaggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #235
Drew 2012 RS

Drives: 2012 RS CONVERTIBLE w/IOM stripe
paint issues

Purchased 2012 Convertible RS V-6 White w/inferno orange stripes on Nov.23,2011
Took back to dealer for what I thought would be 3 minor fixes...
#1-Small dent in passenger fender....not fixed on first attempt because of miscommunication with their PDR person...but was fixed on second trip back to dealer....

#2-Foriegn object in paint on passenger fender....they said fixed but when picked up had 2 more...plus splatters on top of fender..also sand marks in clear-coat on fender and door....which is now all fixed except splatter on top of fender...

#3-Car has orange spots everywhere.....which they called rail dust....said theirdetail shop will get out...WRONG....on third trip back for rail-dust they buffed my hood and got into the edges on the stripes....ordered new stripes....took 20 days cause of bad weather somewhere....guess what they take mine off them discover the ones they ordered were for a hardtop....next set comes in 5 days....back to dealer fit stripes and try to get more raildust off....go to pick up 2 days later...stripe on drivers side is 3/16 short plus there is like 10 pieces of dirt under stripes...so now waiting on another stripe kit.......

Also when I picked car up last time car was on empty...I wrote down mileage when I dropped it off as ialways do....they drive my car 50 miles plus now has curb rash on both rear wheels....When I called them out on it.....they said irequested that they have it detailed somewhere else...which is not true....but they clay-barred it and is now smooth but still has rail-dust and dirt under stripes with dinged rear wheels.....

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!

I will pm you my # from GM when I get home....
Drew 2012 RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:31 AM   #236
fast34me

Broken Half shaft using launch control at 3900miles, Dealer replaced half shaft but missed damaged driveline, driveline vibrated apart 3K later destroying transmission and exhaust. Service said this failure was a result of the last and said it would be warrantied. They Didn't contact GM, and cobbled the destroyed leaking transmission back together. Called me to pickup the car. Said it'll be two weeks before he knows if it's a warranty repair cause he's just filing the claim today. I told him it wasn't ready to leave then. and left the car there. 30plus days already. $40K 2SS/RS is now worth about $20K. Funny thing, I asked the tech if it was leaking, and he told me not now, but come back in 3K and we'll see. They refused to take it out and 'get on it'. When it fails, again, they don't want to be behind the wheel.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #237
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew 2012 RS View Post
Purchased 2012 Convertible RS V-6 White w/inferno orange stripes on Nov.23,2011
Took back to dealer for what I thought would be 3 minor fixes...
#1-Small dent in passenger fender....not fixed on first attempt because of miscommunication with their PDR person...but was fixed on second trip back to dealer....

#2-Foriegn object in paint on passenger fender....they said fixed but when picked up had 2 more...plus splatters on top of fender..also sand marks in clear-coat on fender and door....which is now all fixed except splatter on top of fender...

#3-Car has orange spots everywhere.....which they called rail dust....said theirdetail shop will get out...WRONG....on third trip back for rail-dust they buffed my hood and got into the edges on the stripes....ordered new stripes....took 20 days cause of bad weather somewhere....guess what they take mine off them discover the ones they ordered were for a hardtop....next set comes in 5 days....back to dealer fit stripes and try to get more raildust off....go to pick up 2 days later...stripe on drivers side is 3/16 short plus there is like 10 pieces of dirt under stripes...so now waiting on another stripe kit.......

Also when I picked car up last time car was on empty...I wrote down mileage when I dropped it off as ialways do....they drive my car 50 miles plus now has curb rash on both rear wheels....When I called them out on it.....they said irequested that they have it detailed somewhere else...which is not true....but they clay-barred it and is now smooth but still has rail-dust and dirt under stripes with dinged rear wheels.....

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!

I will pm you my # from GM when I get home....
PM Sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast34me View Post
Broken Half shaft using launch control at 3900miles, Dealer replaced half shaft but missed damaged driveline, driveline vibrated apart 3K later destroying transmission and exhaust. Service said this failure was a result of the last and said it would be warrantied. They Didn't contact GM, and cobbled the destroyed leaking transmission back together. Called me to pickup the car. Said it'll be two weeks before he knows if it's a warranty repair cause he's just filing the claim today. I told him it wasn't ready to leave then. and left the car there. 30plus days already. $40K 2SS/RS is now worth about $20K. Funny thing, I asked the tech if it was leaking, and he told me not now, but come back in 3K and we'll see. They refused to take it out and 'get on it'. When it fails, again, they don't want to be behind the wheel.
So is the dealership saying that they aren't going to fix this under warranty? If so, then I would let them know you are going to call GM customer service
and launch a complaint.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #238
fast34me

I was told the failure was due to the first halfshaft failure.

Last edited by fast34me; 01-26-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #239
fast34me

GM Customer ASSistance is not an advocate for the consumer stuck with a problem vehicle. They are a mechanism that allows GM to circumvent their warranty obligations, in a psuedo legal manner that merely presents, the appearance of being legal.

The laugh of the day, GM Customer ASSistant *Donnie* name changed to protect the guilty, declared that using 'Launch Control' for a 3500rpm launch, constituted "Abuse". Believe me, I'm not making this up. He closes with GM hasn't "offically" determined the response for your vehicle.

My car now has an additional clutch problem. At 1500rpms, the clutch slips and the engine revs. I took it back to the dealer and told him of the problem, and he just looked at me. GM customer ASSistant *Donnie* said that wasn't GM's problem. That was between me and the servicing dealer.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #240
fast34me

Tips To Avoid Warranty Issues

Here's how to get the most out of your vehicle's warranty:
  • Read your warranty. Often bundled with your owner's manual, the warranty gives a general description and specific details about your coverage. If you have misplaced your owner's manual, look for it online. Check the "Owners" section of your manufacturer's website.
  • Be aware of your warranty period. If problems arise that are covered under the warranty, get them checked out before the warranty expires.
  • Service your car at regular intervals. This is a good idea in any case. But for the sake of keeping your warranty intact, follow the manufacturer's recommended service schedule. Details are in your owner's manual.
  • Keep all service records and receipts, regardless of who performs the service. This includes oil changes, tire rotations, belt replacement, new brake pads, and inspections. Create a file to keep track of repairs; it will come in handy if you have to use your warranty. If you ever have a warranty claim and it appears that you did not maintain your vehicle, your claim could be denied.
  • Complain. If you think a dealer's service advisor denied your warranty claim unfairly, ask to speak with a supervisor. If you still aren't satisfied, contact the manufacturer or go to another dealer. You also may wish to file a complaint with your state Attorney General, local consumer protection office, local Better Business Bureau, or the FTC.
For More Information

Visit ftc.gov for free information on buying, financing, leasing, renting and maintaining vehicles.
The FTC works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. Watch a video, How to File a Complaint, at ftc.gov/video to learn more. The FTC enters consumer complaints into the Consumer Sentinel Network, a secure online database and investigative tool used by hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
July 2011
Old 02-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #241
Chevrolet Customer Svc

fast, could you send me the case number you were given? I'd like to look and see if I can help you with this. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #242
fast34me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
fast, could you send me the case number you were given? I'd like to look and see if I can help you with this. I hope to hear back from you soon.

You've got Mail.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #243
trucker north

Drives: black silver stripe 1 ss
Camaro issues

The only problem I have is front tire cupping on the inside tread making a airplane sound . The dealer says it is not of there concerne. It is a fault that is because you cant rotate the tires . They have a smaller one on the front . I say the alignment is off enough to cause this . I should not have to drive a 34,000 dollar car that sounds like a small plane !! It is a 1ss 2010 with 25,000 miles on it .The problem started at 5,000 miles ,and I think that Gm should help with this.
trucker north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #244
fast34me

Continuing driving and see if your car is still "Acting UP"...LOL

Quote:

Customer Assistant Rep. from the Resource Center left a message advising me to continue driving the car to 'see if the clutch was still acting up'.

This is the same person who last week advised me to use Roadside Assistance to have the vehicle towed due to the clutch slipping.

I can't imagine any significant change in operation, as the clutch has not been repaired, replaced, or even looked at........
Old 02-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #245
fast34me

The Lemon Law final Demand Letter, after involving the BBB.

Then notifying your Congressional Reps. in The US House of Representatives, and the US Senate.

Afterall, they approved the TARP bailouts that kept GM alive with our tax dollars, and still own @ 1/3 of the company, and should know what type of service the public is receiving from the "New and Improved" General Motors.......

My problems are not unique, and are illustrated in PI's and TSB's. Documentation will be needed in arbitration or court.

The resolution I've requested, has already been used to satisfy other customers, with the same issues.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 AM   #246
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Does anyone know if there's any update on the creation or possible creation of a TSB for V6 brakes that consistently squeak and squeal? I have gone through GM Customer Service and obtained a case number, had my dealer take a look at my brakes three times, but because there was no TSB, they couldn't do anything. Apparently, there is a TSB on the V8 brakes, but not V6 even though there are plenty of people having the same issues. The dealer always says "we can't replicate" but as I drive off the lot...they make all kinds of noise. My warranty will be expiring soon and if there's something out there regarding the V6 brakes, I'd sure like to know about it. Thanks in advance for any input.
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #247
fast34me

GM Legal Dept. retrocatively revokes payment for accepted liabilites.....

GM dealership threatens me with previously PAID warranty repairs that were reneged on by GM, (partial, or Complete, Breach of Contract? Any one who's passed the bar exam, feel free to chime in..... LOL) Said my warranty was blocked... I told the dealership owner it was because they lied and said the car was fixed, and it still can't be driven. Told them they didn't evaluate the transmission. Specifically the grinding second gear. She said it was beyond the scope of the tech's ability.

GM dealership who did my mods, is now afraid to repair the damage without GM's blessing, and I wouldn't let them without something in writing from GM.... They checked and my warranty isn't voided or blocked. YET.

GM just recentlly announced record profits. The employees are getting profit sharing.
Too bad the sons of britches don't reward the loyal American Customers who stepped up in Jan and Feb of 2009 and placed orders, while they were in BK, with the simple common courtesy of repairs due, ENTIRELY, to the inherent design flaws of their CAMAROs......

Hey Jeff Morris, what's the address of GM's Legal Dept.? I think this needs to be escalated. It's gonna take a Congressional Inquiry to resolve a 4K repair issue.....

GM's acting like an insurance company, and when you think of warranty issues, that's exactly what they are. The way they benefit, is by denying the public their benefits, and thereby reducing their liabilities, and expenses, and increasing their profits.

I bet Jeff Morris will not respond......
Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #248
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Hi fast34me, I will be looking into this. Unfortunately with legal cases I cannot intervene but I will see what I can get done for you.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #249
fast34me

lost that bet

Quote:
Hi fast34me, I will be looking into this. Unfortunately with legal cases I cannot intervene but I will see what I can get done for you.

Oooops, I lost that bet! Yeah, I wouldn't expect you to get in the middle of a dust up, but I figured you might be able to see what the deal is.
Thanks for your help Jeff.

and you've got mail
Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #250
clayton006

Drives: 2011 2SS Black M6
I've contacted GM customer service with my re-occurring 1-2 shift grind issue on my 2011 Camaro. After the first 50 miles the first service stop was having second gear replaced. I've been back to the shop two more times since then (1900 miles later) and I can demonstrate the problem for the service writer and my salesman. My salesman was kind enough on his lunch time to drive my car with me in it and produce the same issue (Trying to eliminate the driver factor in the equation). This is 5 minutes after I took my car from their service department where they were "unable to reproduce the problem" 200 yards to my salesman who was able to get this to happen without thinking about it and just driving the car.

I have a case number if anyone is willing to follow up. I can PM the number to whoever needs it and provide the salesman name who drove my car (who said he'd be happy to speak with anyone from GM customer care because he doesn't like the fact that I'm not satisfied).

I've been very patient with this issue since it has been going on since the purchase of the car in November of last year. I don't want to get rid of the car I just want it fixed properly so I can enjoy it to its full potential.
clayton006 is offline   Reply With Quote