Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #85
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
hey Pete, here's an updated copy of my service history for my Camaro...
PM sent.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #86
cmore
 
cmore's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Tn
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
hey Pete, here's an updated copy of my service history for my Camaro...

WOW
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #87
SDCamaro10

 
SDCamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
hey Pete, here's an updated copy of my service history for my Camaro...
Oh.. My.. God..

Why have they not given you a new car yet??!
__________________
SDCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #88
mad@gm
 
Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: north carolina
Posts: 169
camaro problems

I don't know how many other people that have had as many problems as I have but my dream ss has been a nightmare, in one year I've burnt over 4qts oil, had my audio reprogrammed twice, door speakers replaced,amp replaced, rear speakers are loose and rattle(operating as designed Im told) hvac reprogrammed once and still loose heat, tires don't like to hold air, paint is coming off, clutch petal is catching almost to the top now, exhaust is rattling, loosing anti-freeze somewhere now-told no leaks, 1-3 gear is rough to up shift, 1/2 gear on downshift almost can't its so hard, trans noise-clutch release/imput shaft bearing-dont know which, dealership says they cant hear it but funny enough aamco can, dealerships treat me like mine is the only camaro with problems, and customer care I think should be renamed to don't care! Every time I finally get them to either agree they drop me like a rock and when I call back to see whats going on with a district rep that I have been promised multiple times NOBODY knows what Im talking about or has any record of those promises! I was raised a gm/chevy man but any more I really can't ever see my self ever owning another with the poor treatment I have received. Anybody got any helpful advice?
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #89
joe h
 
Drives: victory red 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: bismarck, nd
Posts: 125
Time for those of us that are getting the dealer, and gm customer service, run around to contact a hand full of automotive and consumer magazines. I contacted consumer reports and asked if they would dig a little deeper, but it takes way more than just one person.

Fact 1. majority of the service bulletins are related to either re greasing or re torquing. Saves an assload of money masking the issue instead of fixing the issue. What happens five years down the road when the grease has evaporated, or starts running.

2. Dealers, for whatever reason, are afraid to submit warranty claims.

3. GM customer service is of no help what so ever.

4. Service managers are telling customers one thing, but for whatever reason will write saying the problem cannot be duplicated. I actually had a service manager tell me gm was going to contact them the next week, but when I signed the release form, it stated the problem could not be duplicated, even after half the mechanics in the shop could hear it.

5. GM Customer service will always side with the dealer.
joe h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #90
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
I don't know how many other people that have had as many problems as I have but my dream ss has been a nightmare, in one year I've burnt over 4qts oil, had my audio reprogrammed twice, door speakers replaced,amp replaced, rear speakers are loose and rattle(operating as designed Im told) hvac reprogrammed once and still loose heat, tires don't like to hold air, paint is coming off, clutch petal is catching almost to the top now, exhaust is rattling, loosing anti-freeze somewhere now-told no leaks, 1-3 gear is rough to up shift, 1/2 gear on downshift almost can't its so hard, trans noise-clutch release/imput shaft bearing-dont know which, dealership says they cant hear it but funny enough aamco can, dealerships treat me like mine is the only camaro with problems, and customer care I think should be renamed to don't care! Every time I finally get them to either agree they drop me like a rock and when I call back to see whats going on with a district rep that I have been promised multiple times NOBODY knows what Im talking about or has any record of those promises! I was raised a gm/chevy man but any more I really can't ever see my self ever owning another with the poor treatment I have received. Anybody got any helpful advice?
mad@gm,

Have you called the customer service line noted in the first post of this thread? If so, send me your VIN and your case number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe h View Post
Time for those of us that are getting the dealer, and gm customer service, run around to contact a hand full of automotive and consumer magazines. I contacted consumer reports and asked if they would dig a little deeper, but it takes way more than just one person.

Fact 1. majority of the service bulletins are related to either re greasing or re torquing. Saves an assload of money masking the issue instead of fixing the issue. What happens five years down the road when the grease has evaporated, or starts running.

2. Dealers, for whatever reason, are afraid to submit warranty claims.

3. GM customer service is of no help what so ever.

4. Service managers are telling customers one thing, but for whatever reason will write saying the problem cannot be duplicated. I actually had a service manager tell me gm was going to contact them the next week, but when I signed the release form, it stated the problem could not be duplicated, even after half the mechanics in the shop could hear it.

5. GM Customer service will always side with the dealer.
joe h,

Send me your VIN and case number as well. I would disagree with you on a couple of points including 2. My dealer has no problem submitting warranty claims. Regarding 4, if you didn't like what was written on the paper, you shouldn't have signed it.

Very sorry to hear that both of you have experienced issues.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #91
mad@gm
 
Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: north carolina
Posts: 169
camaro problems

camaropete,
Im expecting another call back from the customer don't care people begining of the week, depending on the let down I will let every one know what happens and if your help will be needed, my guess with the past six month experience with them is nothing will be done as usual! Will let you know
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #92
joe h
 
Drives: victory red 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: bismarck, nd
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
mad@gm,
joe h,

Send me your VIN and case number as well. I would disagree with you on a couple of points including 2. My dealer has no problem submitting warranty claims. Regarding 4, if you didn't like what was written on the paper, you shouldn't have signed it.

Very sorry to hear that both of you have experienced issues.

All this was happening 3 months ago with a noisy ac compressor. Eventually the belt broke and the noise went away after fixing.

But my issue isn't only with the Camaro. I had a 2008 Impala with starter issues. The car would start super rich and take longer to fire. The dealer gave me a copy of the TSB which told the service department that the problem was normal and not to fix it. I sold the car shortly after.

Second issue with the camaro is a warped airbox. First dealer I took it to wouldn't even order a new one because the service manager wasn't in, and only he could apparently make the call on whether it was a warranty issue. So I bring the car across town to another dealer, and their service writer has no issue ordering a new one and writes down that it appears to be heat related. There is no reason a person should have issues getting a $30 air box ordered.
joe h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #93
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy
 
KeepItGreasey's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
WOW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Oh.. My.. God..

Why have they not given you a new car yet??!
hey, that was the August 2010 document... it has about a month and a half of updates now that it's October! you guys would flip your lids if you heard the full, up-to-date story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
I don't know how many other people that have had as many problems as I have but my dream ss has been a nightmare, in one year I've burnt over 4qts oil, had my audio reprogrammed twice, door speakers replaced,amp replaced, rear speakers are loose and rattle(operating as designed Im told) hvac reprogrammed once and still loose heat, tires don't like to hold air, paint is coming off, clutch petal is catching almost to the top now, exhaust is rattling, loosing anti-freeze somewhere now-told no leaks, 1-3 gear is rough to up shift, 1/2 gear on downshift almost can't its so hard, trans noise-clutch release/imput shaft bearing..............
"operating as designed" is code for "this is a bad design". a new engine that blows up the first time it's started OPERATES AS DESIGNED - but it's a shetty design.

i haven't burned oil, but i HAVE leaked oil.

been through the audio system reprogramming several times, still having problems. even talked to a GM tech on the phone, and he was talking like he wanted me to be his "guinea pig" and try all these different things to get it to work... and in the end was told that it's "operating as designed".

my tires don't hold air either. i've got an old pickup truck though, put new tires on it about 2 years ago, and they haven't leaked a pound of air pressure... go figure.

and i do have paint chipping in places other than under the rear spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe h View Post
2. Dealers, for whatever reason, are afraid to submit warranty claims.

3. GM customer service is of no help what so ever.

4. Service managers are telling customers one thing, but for whatever reason will write saying the problem cannot be duplicated. I actually had a service manager tell me gm was going to contact them the next week, but when I signed the release form, it stated the problem could not be duplicated, even after half the mechanics in the shop could hear it.

5. GM Customer service will always side with the dealer.
the dealers are afraid of having to do "warranty" work for the same problem, two times or more. so they'll cover it up, do it "internally" as a quick fix, or try to take your car back without giving you any paperwork describing the authorized work.

GM Customer Service: after 3 or 4 weeks of contact and conversations, i had my case handed off to some poor lady who had no prior knowledge of my issues. she called me, told me that my case would be closing, and she offered me free oil changes and tire rotations for a year............... 1 - i only get one oil change per year because i put so few miles on my Camaro......... 2 - the tires are different sizes and can't be rotated. i pointed this out to the lady on the phone, i denied the offer, and told her that i would be taking my car in for an oil change in a few weeks and i would be paying for it myself.

as for "inability to duplicate the problem"... whenever i bring my Camaro in with a problem, i duplicate it for the service writer, and explain the problem in the clearest terms possible. then my car is at the dealer for a week, i come to pick it up and they were "unable to duplicate customer's concerns". i have, more than once, grabbed that paper and walked back to the service tech and shown him exactly what the problem is and duplicated it right in front of him. all i get in return is a stupid expression on his face.

i have even had problems, such as "engine flutter"... i described it to the service writer... the tech drove it and noticed the flutter and thought it was unusual... then the tech drove it with the shop foreman to point it out, and the foreman said it was a "normal operating characteristic" - the hell it is - and i get the car handed back to me a few days later with no work being performed on it.

time and time again i find myself describing problems to people who don't know jack about the 5th gen Camaro or any of the technologies involved... getting into deep conversations, explaining to them how these systems work, how they SHOULD work, and how mine is malfunctioning. and all i get in return is that stupid expression on their faces.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #94
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy
 
KeepItGreasey's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe h View Post
But my issue isn't only with the Camaro. I had a 2008 Impala with starter issues. The car would start super rich and take longer to fire. The dealer gave me a copy of the TSB which told the service department that the problem was normal and not to fix it. I sold the car shortly after.
this is another dealer problem.

they confuse the term "normal" with "COMMON", as in a "common problem". just because EVERY 2008 Impala has this problem, it doesn't mean that it's "normal".
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #95
mad@gm
 
Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: north carolina
Posts: 169
I would guss the reason they havent given me a new car yet is cause they allready got my money and dont care! Hell my 2SS dont even have back up assist when its listed as standard, the selling dealer told me that mine was built too soon when I asked the build date was 7/21/09 and they said it wasnt added till 8/09, yeah thanks gm
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #96
BA-Jackpot
 
BA-Jackpot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 SS Camaro white/ Orange stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Loretto Tennessee
Posts: 78
Good luck to all you guys. I got a new truck for my Camaro. The only way I could see not losing my arse on this car was to dump it. I had alot of these problems, too. It become the expected from anything associated witht the government.
Good ole chevy has become Government Motors.
Hope the truck dont have any problems, cause for some dumb reason, I traded for a chevy truck.
I hope because it is not a high performance sports car designed for enthusiasts who remember the muscle days, it wont be as much of a hassle, but my expectations are not as they usede to.
I was under the false impression that a car with 426 horsepower from chevrolet would have had the drivetrain to go with the rest of the car. The car has potential,but if I get another performance car, it wont the be the Camaro. And I will tell anyone who will listen NOT to buy one. Dont Beleive the HYPE!!!
Thanks to folks at the dealer and people like camaropete for helping me see that I would never get any support on this car.
BA-Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #97
mad@gm
 
Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: north carolina
Posts: 169
Hey guys, I was talking to a guy at a shop I used to work at and he claims to have watched a show on camaros and says that the first six months of production were soo screwed up that they were called back and crushed. Sounds kinda strange to me but anything is possible I guess. Anybody ever heard of this happening?
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #98
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
Hey guys, I was talking to a guy at a shop I used to work at and he claims to have watched a show on camaros and says that the first six months of production were soo screwed up that they were called back and crushed. Sounds kinda strange to me but anything is possible I guess. Anybody ever heard of this happening?
You can't believe everything you hear.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 54 02-06-2016 11:33 AM
Gran Turismo 5... No Camaro? 5thGenOwner 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 111 12-06-2011 10:06 AM
Camaro Scotty Camaro inventory - Fly in or we'll ship to you! CamaroScotty Dealer Camaros for Sale 40 05-24-2010 09:52 PM
Major Pedders Event in Houston! Saturday, Jan 30th! Meet DMS Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - Texas 39 02-01-2010 12:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.