Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #113
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Congrats!! This is definitely a story worthy of the front homepage.
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #114
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Congrats!! This is definitely a story worthy of the front homepage.
lol, you think so??? I'm sure I will be turning some heads, well anyone driving this car will be turning heads.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #115
black_camaro_SS

Drives: 13 BOSS LS
Send a message via AIM to black_camaro_SS
Nice, you are very lucky. That must be a pretigous chevrolet dealer. I bought a brand new gt500 about 4 months ago. I like it. We will see when the camaro comes out for the performance on the camaro ss. I am a little worried about america's economy at the moment. My local chevy dealer said they may stop production on the camaros because of the current economy situation. if this is true they will be put back even further which i dont want. =(

Btw i paid 38500 for my gt500 w/ a nav and hids. -14,000 for my trade so 24,500 wasnt too bad to finance.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #116
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Any word on where its going next?

Grand Opening or a Grand Re-Opening is the reason you say.?
Hmmmmmm...
Wonder if I could convince my Local dealer to do a Grand Re-Opening

Lucky you...

Did you at least get to start it up?

Still hoping for an early release.
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #117
MajorTom

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Good stuff man. Congratulations on your order. My

Good choice on the red and stick shift. That's the way to go. The color list is what's giving me the most trouble. So many good ones.

I'm with you on being a young kid affording a nice car. I'm 22 but I still get the same questions. And being young and buying it yourself is truly the more rewarding experience and you will take care of it better for sure. Don't let anyone drag you down. It's unfortunate that some people aren't lucky enough to have decent paying jobs at your age but it doesn't mean you should feel bad for it or have to explain yourself.

And right on on buying the car instead of suping up your truck.

And I hate to be a negative nancy, but a couple of things in this thread have stood out to me.

1: What color did they say that interior will be considered? Grey or black? Because I have all black interior in my GTO and it's considered one of the best interiors in GMs lineup. I like it a lot.

2: the plastics on the interior seem to look like they'd be a little rough to the touch.

3: pricing is all guesses but 33k sounds reasonable. Just being realistic. I assume the car will be worth every penny. Let's just hope it's no higher than that.
MajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #118
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post
If not, I'm calling the number on the T-shirt in the morning to find out.
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:57 PM   #119
MajorTom

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
On the subject of test drives...

I think think depending on how big the Camaro feels (perhaps the OP could tell us more about that) I can say that if it doesn't feel huge from inside, it'll be a great car to drive. Just my opinion from experience with a car with a similar powertrain. Granted the build quality may differ, but if the GTO is any indication, I believe I'll love the Camaro. The austrailian made GTO had excellent build quality as far as interior goes. And the interior appearance was really high. In comparison to say a 4th gen (no offense guys).

So, expect good things.
MajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:52 AM   #120
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
Wow thanks for the pics, that car looks amazing, I hope you get yours on day ONE.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:15 AM   #121
tony19118

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Send a message via AIM to tony19118
congrats my friend! you really have made a lot of people on this site very jealous, myself included!

"Annihilation is not too strong a descriptor when making drag-strip comparisons with the Mustang GT and Challenger R/T." - Car and Driver, June 2009
tony19118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:05 AM   #122
jrodgt

Drives: cyber gray 2lt Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
lol, i'm 18---going on 19 next month....but I am paying for the car.....so its not like its a gift from my parents or anything, I have worked hard for this...yes I know i'm lucky to not have a house payment, etc right now...but this is why I am going ahead and getting it now, so it will pretty much be payed off once other bills start pilling up on me.
hey im 19 and im going to be 20 by the time the production model comes out next year and im getting one too... i must say i always liked muscle cars but i never imagined buying one... i cant wait....
Old 09-30-2008, 04:39 AM   #123
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
oh boy....

a word from the wise.

while you may be the cool guy with a nice ride when you get the car... less you parents are pitching in half of the overall price to keep your monthly payment below 300 a month, some things you might want to consider:

-30k over 4 years @ 7.5% is a $725 a month finance payment.
-insurance on a clear licensed 19 year old driving a 425hp v8 will be at least $200 a month
-depending on driving distance, your gas cost per month at 3.50/gallon will be $120 a month.

now, that alone is $1045 per month for you to have an ss.

that's not even that bad. you can push and pull those numbers with different things (parents help/large downpayment, better insurance, better prime rate, longer finanace terms) but one way or another, you need to be making 2000 a month to live normally outside of the money that goes into your car.

so unless your making 18/hour doing something; just a cautionary heads up. you may want to go down a little bit of a humbler path then a 30k car at the age of 19; not because i dont want to see another 2010 v8 out there somewhere, but because working a 40 hour week (regardless of pay) + school + a social life = alot of pain.

like i said, a word from the wise. buy a top line ss when you can afford to spare the money (like i can via having worked my ass off by the age of 23, so that next feb... an ss isn't gonna hurt my pockets).

your young, dont tie yourself into working like a horse when you should be off drinking with girls and having the time of your life.

----

in any case, best of luck. i'm throughly jealous of your opprotunity to sit in the car.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 AM   #124
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Eric View Post
Wow thanks for the pics, that car looks amazing, I hope you get yours on day ONE.
that would be nice

--wow, I can't believe this made the frontpage...Thanks to the Camaro5 guys who did that.... Bolton593, thanks for the advice, but I have been crunching numbers and I should be fine. ....To everyone congradulating me, Thank you, it really means a lot to hear it from people...now all we have to do is wait.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:23 AM   #125
rayainsw

Drives: G8 GT\Corvette Coupe [ gone ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post

Vegas
rayainsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:13 AM   #126
smokn'

Drives: Banana boat