Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
D.I.Y. H.I.D.'s?

I didn't get the RS package because I was trying to save a few bucks. But now I regret it. My previous 3 cars had HID Xenon headlights. My camaro has plain old headlights. I can't see shit! The beam is SO narrow. If there are kits that are cheap enough, and easy enough, I might just upgrade it myself.

Anyone got any helpful links, or experience on the matter?
l008com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
did you SEARCH the DIY section???
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
l008com

I used the search bar at the top of the site, I assume that searches the whole site. Didn't get any relevant results. Maybe I'll do a google site: search instead.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
we have a great HID kit we sell here in NM dual beam system runs less than 400$ for the parts.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:17 AM   #5
SNV

Drives: 2013 BRM 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
I didn't get the RS package because I was trying to save a few bucks. But now I regret it. My previous 3 cars had HID Xenon headlights. My camaro has plain old headlights. I can't see shit! The beam is SO narrow. If there are kits that are cheap enough, and easy enough, I might just upgrade it myself.

Anyone got any helpful links, or experience on the matter?
I had a set of hids installed in my non rs. They are H13's. I had somebody install them. I seem to have a problem with one side :(. Most sets are now plug and play. I ordered a new set from xenithxenons.com . I should have them next week. I will be doing this install myself. Install info is here http://www.xenithxenons.com/category_s/13.htm
I also have a set of hid fogs install. I did that install myself and it is plug and play for the most part. Fogs came from here www.spencershids.com/shoppingcart/page2.html If you do fogs make sure you use 25 watt ballasts. Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I have a set that I was given to test by SpencersHIDs... I am not using them because of a sponsorship, so they are just sittign in my basement... I also have the foglight HIDs as well. They were extremely bright when installed, and the foglights were just as bright if not more so.

It is a pretty easy install. If you are interested, I would sell you the entire set. I was going to put them on here for sale this weekend.. PM me if you are interested.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
l008com

I have a question. Are there only two kinds of headlights TOTAL for Camaros? Xenon and Halogen? How are they listed with GM? Like do they call the Xenon "RS lights" or something like that, when you look them up from a GM Parts department?