Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
suhailrehman

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2010 1LT Imperial Blue
Using the Phone over Bluetooth on Export Vehicles

Hi Guys,

I just picked up my Camaro 1LT IBM (Middle East/GCC Spec), as far as I can tell, the car does not come with the OnStar/Phone module but does come with a PDIM module as I have AUX/USB/Bluetooth audio support.

I can get bluetooth to work for wireless music streaming, but I have no luck in making phone calls. It's sad because I have all the steering mounted controls for phone usage and the phone button on the stereo just mutes/un-mutes the audio.

What are my options to get this working?

Suhail
suhailrehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
suhail, there really is no option to get phone bluetooth in the Camaro at the moment. I'm sure you know this already, the phone bluetooth is part of the OnStar module which you've said is not on your car. Your best bet is to find a used OnStar module that has the bluetooth built into it.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
ViperTech

Drives: Ignis Sport
Same problem here,but Iwantone, let me inform you,that is not possible to install a OnStar Module on these export units,the underdashboard wiring harness does not have ANY connector or antenna to wire the module,there is a completely different harness. I followed these treads,and did a lot of research to try to solve this for our customer,but the most I was able to do,was to install a aftermarket Parrot system,which the customer declined.
BTW, Parrot systems have the radio connectros male/female to make a "T" wiring connector for those guys which want to install an amp or some audio mod. Is the same connector for other gm models. We also checked with GM and is not available for now.Perhaps they will develop some solution as an accesory in the future,but as for now, no solution on sight.
ViperTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Really? I did not know that, ViperTech. Thanks for the info