Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #392
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Aby, very nice meeting you this weekend thanks for the comments.

We should not have put the car on the track, I admit it. I was not going to try to drive it with no seat time in the car, one of our staff felt he could put down a good time so we gave it a shot. It was a mistake, we need to get more seat time in this car. The car is a trailer queen, it has traveled back and fourth across the country a couple times now and but only has 400 miles on the clock... its not even broken in yet

I am going to put some miles on her, get used to the turbo and take it to a test-n-tune soon.
It was great to meet you too, and thanks for letting me inspect the heck out of your car. It's gorgeous and sounds absolutely amazing. I love the lighting mods and once I can get some information on who might be able to install the products in my area I will be buying several things. You guys were so busy at the track that I didn't want to hold up the line for too long.

I have no doubt you guys will get things worked out on the car very soon.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #393
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
On the flip side of this argument is the fact that the V6 owners have been teased and strung along for a long time already. We've seen videos and then no finished, ready for market kit, for quite some time.

Now I completely understand the situation of the AAC car, personally in hindsight it may not have been the best idea to run it on the track. If Andy knew ahead of time that videos would be made and he would have his car and his driving scrutinized like this he may not have. However, many people didn't know the full story about how the car was just finished that morning, and were looking to see what this 505 hp (420 rwhp) single turbo V6 that was a shining light to the V6 Camaro owners could do on the track.

I'm going to wait it out another 3-4 months. If nothing materializes from LPE or STS in that time, I'll be trading mine in for a V8 then modding it. Most of us are just getting tired of the waiting.
I agree whole heartedly, and believe me im tired of waiting too. I just dont understand why everyone is bashing these guys, when they were told that it wasnt finished yet. Maybe the guys who were bashing and complaining hadnt read all the posts about it, i dont know. Maybe they were expecting something completely perfect. Most people understand not to hold their breath on the first product to come out. And alot of the regulars preach this too. Dont expect it to be perfect the first time you see it.

I also agree that if it was known that the vids would surface here with these reactions, one would have second thoughts about driving it and showing off. All im saying is that, whats done is done, hopefully they learned their lesson.

At the same time, I hope that the bashing here hasnt caused them to rethink what theyre are doing for our community. I appreciate what theyre doing, and I too, will hold out for a little bit longer until everything is complete and market ready.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #394
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I agree whole heartedly, and believe me im tired of waiting too. I just dont understand why everyone is bashing these guys, when they were told that it wasnt finished yet. Maybe the guys who were bashing and complaining hadnt read all the posts about it, i dont know. Maybe they were expecting something completely perfect. Most people understand not to hold their breath on the first product to come out. And alot of the regulars preach this too. Dont expect it to be perfect the first time you see it.

I also agree that if it was known that the vids would surface here with these reactions, one would have second thoughts about driving it and showing off. All im saying is that, whats done is done, hopefully they learned their lesson.

At the same time, I hope that the bashing here hasnt caused them to rethink what theyre are doing for our community. I appreciate what theyre doing, and I too, will hold out for a little bit longer until everything is complete and market ready.
I am not trying to bash AACstyle, their car, or STS turbo. And neither is scrming. But both of us feel that, up until we said something, there was not enough transparency as to the state of this kit. The only things that had been posted were a dyno sheet showing the massive gains and a burnout video. Neither of which gave any indication that the car was not yet complete.

And then to top it all off the pre-order thread was started (although not by AACstyle) saying that the kit would "begin shipping in june." Not a mention anywhere that the kit isn't even finished yet.

We just both feel that everybody should know where this kit is in production. Obviously the hardware work is finished and they're still working on the tune. I have no doubts that it WILL be finished. Possibly even by june. But as of right now its not, and people need to know that - especially if a pre-order list is getting started.
- X
Old 04-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #395
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
I am not trying to bash AACstyle, their car, or STS turbo. And neither is scrming. But both of us feel that, up until we said something, there was not enough transparency as to the state of this kit. The only things that had been posted were a dyno sheet showing the massive gains and a burnout video. Neither of which gave any indication that the car was not yet complete.

And then to top it all off the pre-order thread was started (although not by AACstyle) saying that the kit would "begin shipping in june." Not a mention anywhere that the kit isn't even finished yet.

We just both feel that everybody should know where this kit is in production. Obviously the hardware work is finished and they're still working on the tune. I have no doubts that it WILL be finished. Possibly even by june. But as of right now its not, and people need to know that - especially if a pre-order list is getting started.
- X
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #396
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
As far as tuning goes the car has already been tuned. The tuning provided by STS is actually done by Vince @ Trifecta, who I personally talked to about this project. This car has been preached as a self-proclaimed "simple bolt on turbo", which it is. The car was tuned to run 6psi from STS and any increase simply pulls timing. At 6psi it is putting 410hp/350tq. Now, as far as doing a burnout or taking it down the strip, I would have left it in the booth, thus not risking any conclusions of a finished product.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:33 AM   #397
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
sooo basically the product isnt finished? okay thats all that had to be said in the first place.
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:09 AM   #398
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
sooo basically the product isnt finished? okay thats all that had to be said in the first place.
Correct. Hopefully it will be ready to go sometime soon though.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:42 AM   #399
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
If the car wasn't ready it shouldn't have been ran. If it wasn't ran and a post went up about why it wasn't ran most would have understood. We were all ready to see a great run and we didn't. None of us knew why because nothing was said. I don't see it as people slamming STS or the car. I see it as more people venting because they felt let down. Good luck with the car. We all want to see it have great runs.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:01 AM   #400
Mcnamee

Drives: 2010 Camaro Synergy & '87 Monte SS
I don't know why everyone feels let down, they NEVER said its finished and they have not released the production version of this kit on a car yet with the numbers, if any of you can design a better system have at it, otherwise wait till its ready before you make your comments, most of you are being quite rude towards these guys who are trying to make something to make YOU happy, save your comments until its ready, they have got farther with a forced induction v6 than anyone yet, they just wanted us to hear it and see it....
Mcnamee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #401
santi1987

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Send a message via AIM to santi1987
BOOOOOOOO false hope. Anyways when will it be finish? I'm still curious, i want to know what time it will get on a 0-60 with boost.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #402
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnamee View Post
I don't know why everyone feels let down, they NEVER said its finished and they have not released the production version of this kit on a car yet with the numbers, if any of you can design a better system have at it, otherwise wait till its ready before you make your comments, most of you are being quite rude towards these guys who are trying to make something to make YOU happy, save your comments until its ready, they have got farther with a forced induction v6 than anyone yet, they just wanted us to hear it and see it....
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #403
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Ok, surprised the car even made it to the fest given the shipping probs,
distance and things they needed to do to it once it arrived. So it wasn't
ready for prime time. I may have done the same things, given the testosterone
level at the fest. I emailed STS with questions, their response was just a sale's
pitch "preorder now". I suggest they take one of our car's and set it up
right start to finish... until then... the waiting continue's

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #404
StangKiller818

Drives: pontiac g5 gt
i know these guys can do it. have faith in them.i bet this car will be low 13s when said and done. the car sounds mean as hell and looks mean to. only time will tell how this car is going to turn out. lets hope for the best
Old 04-22-2010, 05:38 AM   #405
Guy,USA

Drives: 2010 black rs, 1965vw convertible
Holy Smokes! Track time, dyno time.....rippin it down the street is development time. ITS NOT DONE YET. Who cares, this is alot of trail and error stuff being tried.... Jesus give STS a break they are the only Go Fast Guys that have really, really takin this V6 on! Amazing car, but the video(s) sucked! I'd fire video crew for not getting under the back of the car so I can see and hear it working. If your going to drag or do a burn out video do it right and that would be POP THE TIRES!!!!!
Guy,USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #406
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy,USA View Post
Holy Smokes! Track time, dyno time.....rippin it down the street is development time. ITS NOT DONE YET. Who cares, this is alot of trail and error stuff being tried.... Jesus give STS a break they are the only Go Fast Guys that have really, really takin this V6 on! Amazing car, but the video(s) sucked! I'd fire video crew for not getting under the back of the car so I can see and hear it working. If your going to drag or do a burn out video do it right and that would be POP THE TIRES!!!!!
Ok.... Posting dyno sheets and claiming LS7 power... putting 505 HP on the hood... doing abusive burnouts and showing off in the parking lot.... TAKING PRE-ORDERS... If you're letting your distributors take pre-orders you better be well past "trial and error". All those things suggest the kit is ready to go! It wasn't until the lack luster track performance that all of a sudden we started to hear that the kit isn't done yet... Up until that point I bet STS would be willing to let us believe the kit was done! As Xanthos pointed out, we just wanted more transparency... Again, we were certainly led to believe the kit was done...

Can you imagine if this had been a repeat of the Airaid issue! I mean if you think guys got upset over a $300 part not delivering claimed performance imagine what would happen with a $5,000 part!

As for others.... LPE was working on a kit but apparently have run into some issues... They are still trying to resolve them... so STS isn't the only one...
Old 04-22-2010, 07:04 AM   #407
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller818 View Post
i know these guys can do it. have faith in them.i bet this car will be low 13s when said and done. the car sounds mean as hell and looks mean to. only time will tell how this car is going to turn out. lets hope for the best
That's what people said about LPE.. they had faith that LPE could resolve the issues with their kit... Personally my gut is telling me there are some hurdles that may make FI (excluding N2O which is available now) on this car just not feasible... at least not for a reasonable amount of money....

As for the track... if this STS setup delivers the claimed HP increase, it needs to be well into the 12s! With simple bolt-ons we are already 14 flat with 67 GTO hitting 13.95...
Old 04-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #408
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
I seen this car on the track and actually raced it one time with my friends cammed SS because on their first pass the ticket printed it ran a 12.x but the board showed a 15.x time. Since Jason's (my friend) car was in the 12s all day long we figured it would be a good test. I was over in their pit area a lot that day as they are all from LA and some of them were who I hung around all day. It is a fact they were talking to STS on the phone trying to figure out problems and maybe I misheard on one of the last runs, whoever was driving the car was talking and I thought he stated that the AFR was 10.x:1 and if this is the case then that means it was rich and not lean which was posted earlier. Like I said I may have not heard him correctly as I was standing back just watching what they were doing and saying. This is also nothing against the driver as I do not know you so dont take it the wrong way, but the guy driving the car was a big guy and from what I heard they had a lot of stereo equipment in the back. Sooooo with that said everyone knows how heavy the car is already and with the added weight its going to pull the car down even more. Im not sure what the air difference was from STS and there in GA but that could have been some of the issue with the tune and how rich/lean the car was running. I will admit I was really itching to ask the owner if I could drive it down the track (Jason was pushing me to do so) but being as I just met the group and the car was so fresh I was not about to ask and IF they said yes have something happen to the car under my hands. I hope they get it all worked out and it runs the numbers that people are wanting to see because it sounds to me like there are a lot of owners with V6s having their eyes on this kit. Good luck AAC with the car and once I get down there to visit Jason I hope to get the chance to come by and check out your shop. Keep up with the good work on the lights and bringing new things out for us enthusiasts to google over and buy to put on our beloved rides.