Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 04-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #576
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
The only thing i do not like about my Sts kit is the sound o the oil pump is very loud other then that well worth the money
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #577
Shadow Camaro

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
ok so basically the kit is on sale and the guy with only two posts claims to have the kit on his car. So my question is why is this kit in production and being used if its impossible to find any hard evidence that this kit works? the dyno is nice but the only two videos i have seen were the ones made by AAC: the burnout and the drag. We all know how that drag turned out. I understand the problems behind it. Next we have a vague timeslip. I cant see myself spending 6 grand on this kit without at least a decent video depicting a succesful drag run. Am i the only one thinking this way? Even on the STS site there is only the dyno picture. No videos or anything. Where is the proof to the claim? i want to see this STS camaro up against an SS and i want to see it win. Will not even entertain the thought of buying this kit until i see that.

Rotofab CAI, SW LT Headers and High Flow Cats, SW Cat-Back, Eibach Pro rear wheel spacers, SS Grill Insert, Street Scene Front Splitter, Blacked out rear emblem, blacked out bezels, plasti-dipped lower bumper, plasti-dipped rims with yellow pinstriping, dyed interior stitching yellow, 2x Kicker CVR 12's w/ 1200 watt kicker amp. MORE TO COME!
Shadow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #578
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Camaro View Post
ok so basically the kit is on sale and the guy with only two posts claims to have the kit on his car. So my question is why is this kit in production and being used if its impossible to find any hard evidence that this kit works? the dyno is nice but the only two videos i have seen were the ones made by AAC: the burnout and the drag. We all know how that drag turned out. I understand the problems behind it. Next we have a vague timeslip. I cant see myself spending 6 grand on this kit without at least a decent video depicting a succesful drag run. Am i the only one thinking this way? Even on the STS site there is only the dyno picture. No videos or anything. Where is the proof to the claim? i want to see this STS camaro up against an SS and i want to see it win. Will not even entertain the thought of buying this kit until i see that.
Yeah, there is in the FI list thread. Why don't you ask some of them. Z_Madness has the STS turbo, and has posted several vids.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #579
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Z madness has the kit as so does Myworld right here in Chicago. He is even selling his sts kit for a new venture. His kit rocks as I have seen it and been with meets with him. Great product, but he wants a one off different setup all together...
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:42 AM   #580
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Guys can you tell us the best way to transform the stock V6 auto to STS turbo beast?

Do we just buy the STS kit with tune (plug n play) or we will need some suspension, brake, transmission, engine ...etc upgrades?

What is required for a perfect job that will keep the car running with no problems?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #581
camaro-21

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro v6
Hey everybody interested in the sts kit and its output. I'm putting a sts kit in my v6 right now with the water meth injection. I think only z madness has that set up right now so I will let everybody know how my kit turned out and if they are able to dial up the boost more to get 400 at the wheels. I also live pretty close to trifecta tuning in washington. Im getting the kit installed by illtech auto as well as pfadt lowering springs sway bars and 20x9.5 and 20x11 forgestar matte black t-14 Rims
camaro-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:23 AM   #582
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-21 View Post
Hey everybody interested in the sts kit and its output. I'm putting a sts kit in my v6 right now with the water meth injection. I think only z madness has that set up right now so I will let everybody know how my kit turned out and if they are able to dial up the boost more to get 400 at the wheels. I also live pretty close to trifecta tuning in washington. Im getting the kit installed by illtech auto as well as pfadt lowering springs sway bars and 20x9.5 and 20x11 forgestar matte black t-14 Rims
Cool beans.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #583
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Camaro View Post
Well I guess many owners have ignored it simply because its expensive!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #584
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Well I guess many owners have ignored it simply because its expensive!
Hey guys

The cost might be a factor. I have been away from the forums for a long time but whats the status of turbos. Worth it if you got the money or not?

Thx
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #585
unrestrictedmotorsports

Drives: 2011 Comp 6 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Hey guys

The cost might be a factor. I have been away from the forums for a long time but whats the status of turbos. Worth it if you got the money or not?

Thx
All I can say is that the turbo is ours is addicting. We have road raced it and the only thing I can say that needs to be added if you plan on road racing is add an oil line cooler in. We got our oil up to 285 degree but then again we are in Phoenix, AZ. But the system is worth it but we planning to put 373 gears in since its a little sluggish off the line.
unrestrictedmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #586
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrestrictedmotorsports View Post
All I can say is that the turbo is ours is addicting. We have road raced it and the only thing I can say that needs to be added if you plan on road racing is add an oil line cooler in. We got our oil up to 285 degree but then again we are in Phoenix, AZ. But the system is worth it but we planning to put 373 gears in since its a little sluggish off the line.

Wow thats a high temp for the oil. Thanks for the input.
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #587
AACstyle

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
We just got finished driving our STS powered V6 Camaro over 3000 miles (in some pretty tough conditions) in the Chevrolet Fireball Run and it ran like a champ!

Here is a video of us on the track at AMS doing an autocross event. Some of you guys wanted an audio clip of the turbo spooling, you can hear it until we get 100+mph then the wind noise is all you hear.

AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #588
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
We just got finished driving our STS powered V6 Camaro over 3000 miles (in some pretty tough conditions) in the Chevrolet Fireball Run and it ran like a champ!

Here is a video of us on the track at AMS doing an autocross event. Some of you guys wanted an audio clip of the turbo spooling, you can hear it until we get 100+mph then the wind noise is all you hear.

Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #589
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Any #s rwhp, torque etc
Old 10-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #590
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
Any #s rwhp, torque etc
See post #1
Old 10-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #591
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
See post #1
Only reason I asked is because I read the boost was uped and methanol was used, so figured the was some sort of increase.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #592
William.23

Drives: 2011 Summit White.
Did you get it tuned , if so for how much :P?

And can this same STS Install be twin O.o or only single on a v6 (:?
William.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #593
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
Only reason I asked is because I read the boost was uped and methanol was used, so figured the was some sort of increase.
The #s posted on Page 1 are @ 8psi, we set up our boost controller to run 6psi on the street and 8psi on the track. The methanol will increase hp marginally but in our case we are using it to safely up the boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.23 View Post
Did you get it tuned , if so for how much :P?

And can this same STS Install be twin O.o or only single on a v6 (:?
We are using a trifecta tune, not sure if there would be any benefit to sequential turbos on the V6 (I know this has been debated) you may want to check with STS on that.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #594
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
love the vid, might be joining you guys with the STS kit in spring
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:41 AM   #595
Babar777

Drives: Chevy CamaroV6 2010 STSturbo
hi guys
may be i have a stupid question, but...:the location of the air filter, as far as I understand it is located near the rear wheels . So every day driving in town will bring a lot of dirtiness on the filter and it will damage my engine! Am I right?
Babar777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #596
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babar777 View Post
hi guys
may be i have a stupid question, but...:the location of the air filter, as far as I understand it is located near the rear wheels . So every day driving in town will bring a lot of dirtiness on the filter and it will damage my engine! Am I right?
Nope, that area is very well protected from the elements and also there is a reusable cover for the air filter that prevents fine dust and water from splashes from getting into the system. I've daily driven for about 22,000 with filter in the same location as sts. I've driven through mud and through a hurricane all this summer and no problems. I'll send you a picture of the filter so you can see since I haven't cleaned it yet .
Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #597
Babar777

Can you send me a picture to see how that area is protected? because on the pictures from sts i see only that it's opened)))
Old 11-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #598
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babar777 View Post
Can you send me a picture to see how that area is protected? because on the pictures from sts i see only that it's opened)))
I'll take a pic when I knock off from work but on my setup the filter sits above the turbo so any direct splashing will hit the turbo first and the splash gaurd addon helps too.
Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #599
Babar777

thank's waiting for pict...
Old 03-07-2014, 07:13 AM   #600
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6
whats the part on the other exhaust pipe? (the non turbo pipe)