Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

View Poll Results: Change Name of this Thread to New "Club Name" to Keep the Thread Going?
"West Central Georgia Camaro Club" - Let's make it official; keep it going and keep it open. 13 92.86%
Start a new thread and start all over again. :( 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2010, 08:52 AM   #113
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmy67camaro View Post
Deb,

We would love to have you join us for any of our meets or events. We haven't set a date for the cruise to Warm Springs yet because we are waiting on a few work schedules to come in. PM me your contact info, name, email, cell#, city & Camaro info and I will add you to our list. If you have friends with any generation Camaro that would like to participate, have them contact me as well.

Please drive safe and no more than 5 over the speed limit - no speeding tickets.

Everyone, bring a laptop if you have one because I might send out a "mass message and email" to set up a meeting time/location. We ought to at least do a picture of our group at C5Fest!

Lani

I will have my laptop with me!!

Drive safe everyone. See you tommorrow!!!
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #114
iluvmy67camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel
We're Here
Old 04-17-2010, 02:06 AM   #115
iluvmy67camaro

The guys that made the Camaro happen, from 1967 to the 2010, Scott and Al. It was wonderful to meet them!

Greg and I in front of Thor, pic taken by the F-Bodfather himself, Scott Settlemire! The GM/Chevy folks were absolutely wonderful to talk with and so humble about all of the support the members of Camaro5 have shown.

Friday night's cruise, we pulled over towards the end and I srcreamed and cheered until my voiced about disappeared. Then we jumped back in at the last minute to rejoin the end of the group. It was a beautiful cruise!

A sweet custom Camaro, it was really pretty!

Views from our room on the 6th floor, before people started lining up for the cruise. By then we were outside with everyone else getting ready to go.

Lots of fun Friday, can't wait for Saturday, track day!!!

Last edited by iluvmy67camaro; 04-17-2010 at 02:27 AM.
iluvmy67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:31 PM   #116
iluvmy67camaro

This guy with his Challenger came to the host hotel parking lot on Friday night looking for a girl to race on Saturday, I warned him I was not a sissy girl.

We raced three times, I flubbed the first one because I've never been on a track before, but I whooped him 2/3.

My best time 13.554 and 104.97mph

He said we were racing for pinks but refused to give it up when the racing was over.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

My Camaro is no longer a virgin. We had Jannetty Racing install a CAI at the end of the afternoon and I've ordered Flowmasters American Thunder Exhaust System and can't wait for it to arrive and get it installed.

What a weekend!

Anyone have pictures to post up??? Let's see them!!!

p.s. One of the friends of the Challenger got one of our races on video but I cannot figure out how to get it posted onto the forum. So I guess I'll send it out via email tomorrow or the next day.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #117
iluvmy67camaro

May ~ Cruise to Warm Springs

Hey All, it's time to start talking about our May Meet. It's a busy month with Mother's day on the 9th and Memorial Day Weekend the 29th-31st. and the F-Body Gathering or G-14 as it's also called, going on May 28-30, up in Atlanta. http://www.fbodygathering.com/

Non Holiday Weekends - Saturday/Sunday - are the 15th, 16th, and 22nd, 23rd.

Greg and I can go any weekday, but I know with most that is not an option. It would be helpful if everyone could let me know what dates are best.

I've been working on the route & time schedule and cost (of food) for the round trip cruise from Columbus to Warm Springs and back. And this time, EVERYONE will be given a map, my phone number, and time schedule so no one get's lost. We also need some volunteers to be in the middle of the pack and bring up the rear, to make sure we don't lose anyone. I have a set of hand held radio's, does anyone else? (walkie talkie's)

As I stated earlier, the date is yet to be determined, but we will meet at 9:00am and leave NLT 9:30am!!! That means 9:30am SHARP, we are on the road.

We will meet and start our cruise at Sonic on the corner of Gentian Road and Woodruff Farm Road (our last meet location). From there we will head out on our day trip to Warm Springs. It takes approx 45 minutes to get to Warm Springs, which has us arriving at 10:15am. You will have almost 3 hours to shop and explore this delightful village.

There are three options for things to do in Warm Springs:

1. Warm Springs Antiques and Crafts Unlimited Mall - My favorite destination! It's about two miles out of town and even has an art gallery full of unique works by Arthur Riggs (very cool dude)
http://acum.org/

2. FDR's Little White House and Museum - If you've never gone, it's worth it.
http://gastateparks.org/net/go/parks...d=49&s=0.0.1.5

3. Warms Springs Village - Lots of gift shops and one of a kind stores and antique shops. Something for everyone can be found here in the village, including a Harley Shop the last time we were there. They usually have live music, home made ice cream and FUDGE... yummy, collectables, furniture and just about anything else you can think of.
http://www.warmspringsvillage.com/

We could all stay together as a group but I encourage everyone do go and do your own thing and meet up for lunch... which means we all agree to meet at the same time for lunch and no one can be late!!! NO EXCUSES!!!

We will eat lunch at the Bulloch House at 12:45, they will only hold the reservation for 20 minutes, so if we are not there by 1:00pm we go hungry! We have our table(s) for 1 1/2 hours, after that they kick us out to feed more hungry folks. The food is great and the fried green tomotatoes divine and if we are lucky they will have fried chicken livers on the menu that day. Skip dessert, we are eating that at the Country Kitchen located in the Country Store at Calloway Gardens.
http://www.thebullochhouse.com/index.html

After lunch we will cruise West on 190, it's a beautiful drive with quite a few places to pull over and take in the scenery as we head to the Callaway Gardens Country Store to do some more shopping. (stock the cupboards with yummy stuff) They have great gift products to send home to your families. And of course, dessert at the Country Kitchen is not to be missed, the little restaurant behind the store overlooks the woods and mountains. Just beautiful.
http://store.callawaygardens.com/cal...T.svl=deptnav1

Along the way we may drive by the Great Lawn at Callaway Gardens, might be another great photo op for all of us to line up our cars with that beautiful back drop.

Finally we will head south on 27 and stop by The Old Barn and Daniels Wood Den, (the place is amazing). He has hand crafted the most amazing furniture out of reclaimed old timber, barn wood, vintage doors, wrought iron and more plus I think there are antique dealers selling their wares as well (it's been a few years since I've been there).

After leaving the Old Barn, we drive back into North Columbus and arrive at B-Merrell's for refreshments before we all head home. If you have never been to B-Merrell's, they have the best wings in town and BEER from all over the world. It's a great place to start your world beer tour, and when you finish months from now you get a t-shirt and your picture on the wall.
http://www.bmerrells.net/index.html

Please note, these quotes are approximate and are probably high and have not been finalized. I will post the actual cost after I speak to the managers next week and finalize the arrangements.

$14.50 per person - The Bulloch House for Lunch - Includes Buffet, Salad Bar, Drinks, Dessert, Tax and Tip

$10.00 per couple - Optional - The Country Kitchen at the Country Store, Callaway Gardens. Share a slice of pie or cake and two drinks.

$5.00 - 10.00 per couple - Optional - B-Merrell's for refreshements (Beer, Tea or Soda). *If you are also feeling hungry, they have the best wings in town and other delighful food! Not sure how much and the price for additional food is not reflected above.

Okay folks, time for some feed back so I can get the ball rolling on this!

Lani

P.S. There was talk of Friday Nights at one of the drag strips, Phenix City or Reynolds. I'm not at all familiar with either... so if anyone is, and you are willing to get involved and volunteer to handle those events for our club that would be just AWESOME!!! Let me know ASAP.

Last edited by iluvmy67camaro; 04-23-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #118
Cataula15

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro SS
Hi Lani. Thanks for posting pics from C5F. Looks like you guys had a great time and I'm so jealous I couldn't go. As for May, my schedule is only open on Sunday 23rd. My son's last baseball game is on 15th, and I am working on the 16th and 22nd. The other issue is that if the event is planned on the 23rd, I don't get off work until 9am and would be pushing impossible to make a 9:30 start time. The nice thing is that the drive route covers my stomping ground (Harris County) and I could probably meet up with you guys somewhere prior to lunch. Let me know what is decided and we'll go from there.

As far as drag strip, Friday nights is test and tune at Reynolds. It's a little bit farther, but a much better track. I've run on both and Reynolds offers 1/8 and 1/4 mile runs where PC only has a 1/8 mile track. My preference would be Friday night at Reynolds. The other thing is that the longer we wait to plan this, the warmer it will get and the cars will show a slight decrease in performance due to higher temps. I think we ought to plan this for early June to be best or wait til the fall.

Later...
Rich

2010 Rally Yellow 1SS

6.2L LS3 Engine
Appearance Modifications: GM Hockey Stick Stripes, Custom Cut Hood Spears
Performance Modifications: SLP Skip-Shift Eliminator, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter, Volant CAI, Vogtland Performance Lowering Springs, Muffler Delete
Cataula15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #119
iluvmy67camaro

Old 04-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #120
Deb's 2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS
Lani-

The trip warm springs sounds great. You have really put a lot of time and effort in research for this!! Saturday the 22nd is the only date we can come. I look forward to hearing if this will work out so we can attend.

Thanks,
Debbie
Deb's 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #121
Hawkeye
I am Iron Man

Drives: LT M6
Hello all,

My name is Mike, living in Valley AL, not terribly far from Columbus. Moved here to take a job at the new Kia plant. Love my job, but not much to do around these parts lol
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #122
iluvmy67camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Hello all,

My name is Mike, living in Valley AL, not terribly far from Columbus. Moved here to take a job at the new Kia plant. Love my job, but not much to do around these parts lol
Mike,

Welcome to our club, we're so glad you stopped in to say hello and we hope you come and stay for a while and join in with us. If you would like to be receive information on all of our activities, PM me your name, phone#, email, city and Camaro info and I will ad you to our club list. All email's are sent out BCC for privacy.

Where are you from originally, how do you like living in Valley and how is the job at the Kia plant? I've heard good things about it and I'm trying to talk my daughter into applying for a job up there. She's a Massage Therapist and the economy is not supporting her financially right now so she needs a different job.

Got any pictures of your Camaro that you would like to share? If so, post them up because we would love to see them!

ttyl,

Lani
Old 04-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #123
Hawkeye
I am Iron Man

Drives: LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmy67camaro View Post
Mike,

Welcome to our club, we're so glad you stopped in to say hello and we hope you come and stay for a while and join in with us. If you would like to be receive information on all of our activities, PM me your name, phone#, email, city and Camaro info and I will ad you to our club list. All email's are sent out BCC for privacy.

Where are you from originally, how do you like living in Valley and how is the job at the Kia plant? I've heard good things about it and I'm trying to talk my daughter into applying for a job up there. She's a Massage Therapist and the economy is not supporting her financially right now so she needs a different job.

Got any pictures of your Camaro that you would like to share? If so, post them up because we would love to see them!

ttyl,

Lani
Sure, I'll have to tell my story a little later, I'm still at work

But here is the only pic I have access to right now...my beautiful fiance behind the wheel. First time on a six speed and doing great!

Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #124
iluvmy67camaro

May Cruise Date - 22nd or 23rd?

Hello Everyone,

I've been getting replies on the May Cruise Dates via email and by PM as well as a few posting here on the thread, it looks like we are down to two dates, the 22nd or the 23rd, with the numbers leaning more to Sunday the 23rd.

This week is the time you need to get your preference on the date to me because I need to finalize the details by the end of the week. Posting it up here on the thread is the easiest for me to keep track of.

That's all for now,

Lani

p.s. why is everyone soooo quiet?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #125
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Lani, we're flexible, and thanks for your efforts with the club. You did well with the drags, I'm about ready to put mine back on the track again, that was fun.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #126
iluvmy67camaro

May ~ Cruise to Warm Springs

*~~~***~~~*~~~***~~~*~~~***~~~*~~~***~~~*~~~***~~~*~~~***~~~*

Sunday, May 23rd, We Cruise to Warm Springs.

I've been working on the route & time schedule and cost (of food) for the round trip cruise from Columbus to Warm Springs and back. And this time, EVERYONE will be given a map, my phone number, and time schedule so no one get's lost. We also need some volunteers to be in the middle of the pack and bring up the rear, to make sure we don't lose anyone. I have a set of hand held radio's, does anyone else? (walkie talkie's)

9:00am - Meet @ Sonic Drive-In, corner of Gentian Rd and Woodruff Farm Rd.
The same location as our last meet, 9:30am SHARP, we are on the road.
It is about a 45 minute drive.

10:15am - Arrive in Warm Springs. You will have just over two hours to shop
and explore the delightful village of Warm Springs.

12:30pm - Meet @ The Bulloch House for Lunch.

2:00pm - Back on the road for the rest of our cruise.

6:30 - (approx) Arrive at B-Merrills for refreshments. This is the end of our cruise and our day but Greg and I are staying for dinner and would like to welcome everyone else to dinner as well. I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to some WINGS!!!

There are three options for things to do in Warm Springs:

1. Warm Springs Antiques and Crafts Unlimited Mall - My favorite destination! It's about two miles out of town and even has an art gallery full of unique works by Arthur Riggs (very cool dude)
http://acum.org/

2. FDR's Little White House and Museum - If you've never gone, it's worth it.
http://gastateparks.org/net/go/parks...d=49&s=0.0.1.5

3. Warms Springs Village - Lots of gift shops and one of a kind stores and antique shops. Something for everyone can be found here in the village, including a Harley Shop the last time we were there. They usually have live music, home made ice cream and FUDGE... yummy, collectables, furniture and just about anything else you can think of.
http://www.warmspringsvillage.com/

We could all stay together as a group but I encourage everyone do go and do your own thing and meet up for lunch... which means we all agree to meet at the same time for lunch and no one can be late!!! NO EXCUSES!!!

We will eat lunch at the Bulloch House at 12:30, they will only hold the reservation for 20 minutes, so if we are not there by 12:50pm we go hungry! We have our table(s) for 1 1/2 hours, after that they kick us out to feed more hungry folks. The food is great and the fried green tomotatoes divine and if we are lucky they will have fried chicken livers on the menu that day. http://www.thebullochhouse.com/index.html

After lunch (time and # of Camaro's permitting, we will make the detour, otherwise we stay on schedule) we will cruise West on 190, it's a beautiful drive with quite a few places to pull over and take in the scenery as we head to the Callaway Gardens Country Store to do some more shopping. (stock the cupboards with yummy stuff) They have great gift products to send home to your families. And of course, dessert at the Country Kitchen is not to be missed, the little restaurant behind the store overlooks the woods and mountains. Just beautiful.
http://store.callawaygardens.com/cal...T.svl=deptnav1

Finally we will head south on 27 and stop by The Old Barn and Daniels Wood Den, (the place is amazing). He has hand crafted the most amazing furniture out of reclaimed old timber, barn wood, vintage doors, wrought iron and more plus I think there are antique dealers selling their wares as well (it's been a few years since I've been there).

After leaving the Old Barn, we drive back into North Columbus and arrive at B-Merrell's for refreshments before we all head home. If you have never been to B-Merrell's, they have the best wings in town and BEER from all over the world. It's a great place to start your world beer tour, and when you finish months from now you get a t-shirt and your picture on the wall.
http://www.bmerrells.net/index.html

Please note, these quotes are approximate and are probably high:

$14.50 per person - The Bulloch House for Lunch - Includes Buffet, Salad Bar, Drinks, Dessert, Tax and Tip

$10.00 per couple - Optional - The Country Kitchen at the Country Store, Callaway Gardens. Share a slice of pie or cake and two drinks.

$5.00 - 10.00 per couple - Optional - B-Merrell's for refreshements (Beer, Tea or Soda). *If you are also feeling hungry, they have the best wings in town and other delighful food! Not sure how much and the price for additional food is not reflected above.

RSVP by 21 May.

Lani

p.s. Hopefully everything is covered. If you have any questions, please ask.

Last edited by iluvmy67camaro; 05-08-2010 at 01:26 PM.