Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
snide1

Drives: 2SS IOM/Mercedes/Super Duty
Green only on V6's

Had a dealer tell me today that green is only available on V6 model, is this true?
snide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Not only just on V6's, but only on 1LT's
Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
correct-a-mundo.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I showed my girlfriend some pictures of the Synergy Green last night and her response was "oooohh, you should have waited for that!" When I told her that it was only available on the lowest model she said, "Why would they do that???"

I like the looks of the color. I also love the look of Summit White. Still glad I didn't wait for either, however. <3 my CGM
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69778

Quote:
“The Synergy Special Edition package is designed for customers who want a unique performance car at an attainable price,” says Camaro marketing manager, John Fitzpatrick. “For under $27,000, Camaro Synergy Special Edition offers standout styling, modern technologies like Bluetooth, and 304 horsepower under the hood.”

Q. Is the package available on the LS, 2LT or SS models?
A. No. This special edition package was designed to be a unique package at a tremendous value for consumers. This was best achieved by combining features such as the painted 19-inch alloy wheels and LED light pipes with the 1LT model.

Q. Is the Synergy Green exterior color available on the LS, 2LT or SS models?
A. Not at this time; however, Chevrolet reserves the right to make the exterior color available if there is enough market demand.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkikuchi View Post
I showed my girlfriend some pictures of the Synergy Green last night and her response was "oooohh, you should have waited for that!" When I told her that it was only available on the lowest model she said, "Why would they do that???"

I like the looks of the color. I also love the look of Summit White. Still glad I didn't wait for either, however. <3 my CGM
Not quite the lowest model, that would be an LS. The 1LT is one step up.

R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
dzinity28

Drives: 2010 Synergy Special Edition
Its not on the lowest model,that would be the LS. We needed a V6 anyway due to all the driving we do on a daily basis.We have people stopping us in parking lots asking if they can take a picture of this car.We have seen people with video cameras following us down the road. A movie studio has inquired about using it in a few shots in a movie. We got every option available for this car,and we are going to add the halo's aftermarket. Besides all of that it is a Special Edition with limited numbers made. I'm just tired of people taking shots at this vehicle for whatever they see as a shortfall. I don't take shots at everybody who drives a black camaro,because there are so many out there just like theirs! To each his own! I'm just a happy Camaro driver and I am happy for every other Camaro driver out there! They are all awesome cars!
dzinity28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Jophiel

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzinity28 View Post
Its not on the lowest model,that would be the LS. We needed a V6 anyway due to all the driving we do on a daily basis.We have people stopping us in parking lots asking if they can take a picture of this car.We have seen people with video cameras following us down the road. A movie studio has inquired about using it in a few shots in a movie. We got every option available for this car,and we are going to add the halo's aftermarket. Besides all of that it is a Special Edition with limited numbers made. I'm just tired of people taking shots at this vehicle for whatever they see as a shortfall. I don't take shots at everybody who drives a black camaro,because there are so many out there just like theirs! To each his own! I'm just a happy Camaro driver and I am happy for every other Camaro driver out there! They are all awesome cars!
The haters are just green with envy...

Anyways, I totally agree. The green is rad. I don't think i'll get it though unless the dealer gives me halos.
Jophiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I like the green
Old 03-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
You can always add halos from AAC. Heck, my dealer was even willing to remove the headlamps and let me ship them to AAC for the halo install and then reinstall them before I ever paid for the car. Mine had these halos lit and waiting for me the day I got the keys.
Attached Images

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #11
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
Not quite the lowest model, that would be an LS. The 1LT is one step up.
Quote:
I always seem to forget about that LS
Which is for the best because as much as I love my girlfriend I probably would have spent an hour explaining the trim differences and bored her to death. She loves the car -- but I just don't get the feeling she's quite as into the details

For all of you Synergy owners: Enjoy your beautiful and fairly unique rides!
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #12
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
All cars are 1LS with addons.

The Synergy is V6 only but has quite a bit of the RS package and then some.

I really like the green ambient lights in the doors. Paddles to shift on steering is interesting..... not sure if that will ever be used though. Remote start nice.... as is the connectivity package.
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
Blade

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Send a message via AIM to Blade
There is no shortfalls on this car. Its perfect for people with a set budget in mind. I woulda wanted the full RS package with the color, but hey I think its still a great car. People who think its low on the totem pole are just haters.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #14
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
I think the Synergy Green is a pretty kool color. But they should have included the halo lights factory installed. Then most wouldn't be upset that want a v6 at least. The regular lights look alright too but the factory halos make the car seem more alive. And after market halos are not the same they dont have the center of the headlight all the aftermarket I have seen is the circle halo ring not the center of the headlight with it.
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #15
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
The Synergy is V6 only but has quite a bit of the RS package and then some.
The Synergy Green Edition has nothing that is included w/ the RS Package w/ the exception of the spoiler, and rear spoilers aren't exclusive to the RS.... So, there is nothing about Synergy that equates to having quite a bit of the RS.

RS gives you HID w/ Halo Rings, Synergy does not.
RS gives you 20 x 8 front and 20 x 9 rear rims in midnight silver, Synergy gives you 19" Sterlings.
RS gives you painted roof moldings, Synergy does not.
RS gives you a rear spoiler, as does the Synergy.
RS gives you darker tinted rear tail lamps, Synergy does not.

2014 SS Performance Sedan - Red Hot 2 - Black Leather. S/R. Full size spare.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #16
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
You can always add halos from AAC. Heck, my dealer was even willing to remove the headlamps and let me ship them to AAC for the halo install and then reinstall them before I ever paid for the car. Mine had these halos lit and waiting for me the day I got the keys.
Interesting

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #17
MikeZ28

Drives: '04 GTO, '00 Z28, '95 Z28
Why on earth would GM have trim-level-specific colors? Ugh. Why can't I buy the car the way I want it instead of taking what GM wants to sell? GM needs to learn from Scion; I don't like those cars but at least you can order them a lot of different ways.
MikeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #18
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
we have had some hints that it will be available on the SS. camaro scotty kind of hinted at it, also, there are one or two gm videos about the camaro that were posted on the chevy site and youtube that have different designers/engineers talking about the car and there is a poster in the background with the 2011 colors and synergy green is one of them. after seeing this color in person, i hope to order a synergy green ss this fall.
dr damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #19
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Saw one yesterday (synergy green) at a local dealer- outside in the sun- Bright, bright, bright green.
I don't think I would even like this parked next door in my neighbors driveway let alone mine. Would get tired of it real quick. Just my opinion of course.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #20
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
After being one of the ones to hate on Synergy Green it's really growing on my every time I pass by it at the dealer. With it being a good color I hope that it does make it to the SS model. I'd love to see the Synergy Special Package setup on the 1SS.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
dzinity28

Drives: 2010 Synergy Special Edition
I've never seen so many "Follow the Leader" Haters in my life! Sorry I don't want to be like everyone else and drive a WHITE or BLACK car..... My Bad!
dzinity28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #22
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Love the green, hate the restrictions.

But I'mma not be offended by someone who has a silver/black/white car trying to trash my choice. At least I'm not in a sea of the same colour.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #23
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
If enough people complained, GM would change it.

It happened with Blue and the SS. Back pre-production, GM said that IBM (and I think ABM) would not be available on the SS. Later, they changed their minds.

I think it's a great color and it's unique.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #24
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
Quote:
I've never seen so many "Follow the Leader" Haters in my life! Sorry I don't want to be like everyone else and drive a WHITE or BLACK car..... My Bad!

u got a green car cool no1 is hating its their opinions if u like it then who cares what people think relax
youngoliver is offline   Reply With Quote