Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
punk5150
 
punk5150's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jersey
Posts: 202
Crystal red caliper advice

I have a 14 Crystal Red Camaro with midnight silver rims.
Wanted to get the calipers painted 1LE red but think the calipers will clash with the CRT.
Anyone have this combo ? Sucks that CRT is such an unpopular color.
punk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #2
Hetfield03

 
Hetfield03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,278
Are you hellbent on 1LE red and not CRT? Id look at G2 website.
__________________
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:28 PM   #3
Jeff1981
 
Jeff1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 6 SPD
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Posts: 109
You should be able to take your car to a decent body shop and they could paint the calipers the same color as your car if that's the look your going for. My local body shop I use quoted me $200 to paint mine, and that's them taking them off and doing all the work.
Jeff1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:36 PM   #4
Hetfield03

 
Hetfield03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1981 View Post
You should be able to take your car to a decent body shop and they could paint the calipers the same color as your car if that's the look your going for. My local body shop I use quoted me $200 to paint mine, and that's them taking them off and doing all the work.
But it can't be the same paint. It has to be able to handle the heat from the brakes. Hes not asking for crt color either.
__________________
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:26 PM   #5
Smkn600CTD
 
Smkn600CTD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 1995 Camaro V6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 250
Here ya go.

G2 paint done about a month ago...
Attached Images
    
__________________
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS.
2009 Dodge Daytona Charger #332/400
1995 Camaro 3.4
Smkn600CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:56 AM   #6
Smokin14
 
Smokin14's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS L99 Vert
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: n.e. ohio
Posts: 241
The red on red looks good IMO.
__________________

Some things you just have to learn yourself.
Smokin14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:40 AM   #7
CamaroinCLE
 
CamaroinCLE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CRT LT
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk5150 View Post
I have a 14 Crystal Red Camaro with midnight silver rims.
Wanted to get the calipers painted 1LE red but think the calipers will clash with the CRT.
Anyone have this combo ? Sucks that CRT is such an unpopular color.
I don't think CRT is an unpopular color, I have had nothing but compliments from others on my car. CRT to me seems to look different depending on the lighting and its low in the prod numbers so look at it as we are "rare"

I would look into a body/paint shop that can match the color but have them sample it first to make sure you like it.
CamaroinCLE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:29 AM   #8
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroinCLE View Post
I don't think CRT is an unpopular color, I have had nothing but compliments from others on my car. CRT to me seems to look different depending on the lighting and its low in the prod numbers so look at it as we are "rare"

I would look into a body/paint shop that can match the color but have them sample it first to make sure you like it.
I truly wan't CRT, but they did not offer that colour in 2010, so I settled on IOM.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:55 PM   #9
punk5150
 
punk5150's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jersey
Posts: 202
The red on red doesn't look bad at all. I thought it would clash.

As far as CRT. Love the color but in terms of #'s it's he lowest selling color.
punk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.