Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-17-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
QUICRNU

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS A6
2010 A6 with ZL1 rear cradle -- Opinions?

To start, I have talked with a vendor or two on the forums, and I do not take their opinions lightly.... at the same time... I am much like everyone else before me... I want a car that will hook a 1.4x 60ft and also shred the corners on a road course without having to change my suspension or alignment!!

I would like to find a nice place between.

I am on here alot, and I have used the but I am staring at my ZL1 cradle wanting to put it in, I am not ready to go all in on a full on setup... but I want to get as much right as possible to avoid double work later.

586rwhp
LSA blower up front(nice and heavy)
A6
Yank 2800 Stall
DSS Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft

As of right now:
90% Weekend Cruiser
10% Strip

Dreams of
70% Weekend Cruiser
15% Strip
15% Road Course / Auto X

Want to hit the strip, surprise a lot of people stoplight to stoplight on the street, cruise thru the backroads nice and comfy but also be able to drive down to VIR and shred a track event if I get a wild hair.

Wheels / Tires
OEM ZL1 with ZL1 tires - Street/Track (Have MTs Street ETs for strip/street)

I am not opposed to having a drag pack 17 wheel set if it lets me run a more broad range suspension package. Changing wheels and tires between events is no sweat

Front suspension is stock, planning
Billet Radius Rod Inserts
Coilover/spring combo?!
Sway bar if I get the other 2 right

Rear is a FULL ZL1 Cradle from an A6 3.23 gears
-Pegasus Solid Bushings already
I really want to avoid Diff Bushings for the NVH, unless I hear that is completely Dumb - even then... I might just leave stock in her???

-Coilovers/Springs?

- Do I truly need to upgrade Trailing Arms, Toe Links Etc?

_ believe I need camber bolts

Is the ZL1 upper control Arm bushing an issue? needs upgrade?

I am not looking to destroy records anywhere, but I do want to have a car that responds so that once I know how to drive it, it will be even more rewarding.

Some things I know are static upgrades I need, brakes etc, feel free to mention them, but I am hoping to focus on what a total setup in harmony might look like... and then the best plan of attack for what to do and when, considering I want to get this cradle in the car soon.

Budget is the big question.... not looking to go crazy... I know I might have to buck up for some dual adjustable Coilovers, but I dont think I need Supercars....kinda looking to address the glaring issues with quality parts for the price. A marginal increase to a fairly stout stock piece is not overly appealing.

Lastly, if anyone has a road course suspension type setup that they can adjust to grab 1.4x or lower in a similar powered car please chime in!! real world results is awesome.

Thanks for reading.

Build Thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481043
QUICRNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:40 PM   #2
jrhagen

Drives: Camaro
You might need a bit more power. Best I have ever done in 60' is 1.5149. See mods in signature.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:46 PM   #3
QUICRNU

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS A6
I do plan to up the boost some, but the question still remains, I need it to hook and that answer is linear along the power scale from 580 to 650.

Build Thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481043
QUICRNU is offline   Reply With Quote