Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM   #1
Orange 2010 Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Ride Tech HQ Level 2 Coil Over Question?

I am getting ready to install the Ride Tech HQ Level 2 coil Over suspension on my 2010 SS Camaro & have a Few questions for those of you who have installed the system.

QUESTION ONE: Are the solid upper bearing mounts for the front strut assy's really needed for a street driven car?

For those of you who have the standard upper rubber top mounts,are you satisfied with the performance & over-all handling?

QUESTION TWO: For lowering the car approx. 1.5 in., front & rear, how much open thread length do you have under the SPRING PRE-LOAD adjusting collars for a first attempt to SET THE DESIRED RIDE HEIGHT?

QUESTION THREE: Have you had any problems with the end links that come with the system that are used for the front strut assy's?

Thank You SO MUCH in advance for the help regarding these questions.

All The Best

Orange 2010 Camaro
Orange 2010 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #2
krusher

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
Sorry i cant answer any of your questions but i have one of my own to you. How much do these weigh compared to oem front and back difference?
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #3
Orange 2010 Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
Sorry i cant answer any of your questions but i have one of my own to you. How much do these weigh compared to oem front and back difference?
I will post the weight numbers for the Ride Tech & OEM FRONT & Back ASAP. I should have the car down off the rack by the week-end & will be installing the new coil overs.

I need to finish up the new axle back center exit exhaust I designed first.

All The Best

Orange 2010 Camaro
Attached Images

Orange 2010 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #4
krusher

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
Damn that's pretty sweet. I'm sorry i guess i was mistaken i thought these were the ones with reservoirs. I think i might know it's only like 5 lbs diff on the front if i remember right. Either way i would to have either set. Ridetechs look pretty awesome.
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #5
cdb95z28

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE NPP Recaros SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange 2010 Camaro View Post
I am getting ready to install the Ride Tech HQ Level 2 coil Over suspension on my 2010 SS Camaro & have a Few questions for those of you who have installed the system.

QUESTION ONE: Are the solid upper bearing mounts for the front strut assy's really needed for a street driven car?

For those of you who have the standard upper rubber top mounts,are you satisfied with the performance & over-all handling?

QUESTION TWO: For lowering the car approx. 1.5 in., front & rear, how much open thread length do you have under the SPRING PRE-LOAD adjusting collars for a first attempt to SET THE DESIRED RIDE HEIGHT?

QUESTION THREE: Have you had any problems with the end links that come with the system that are used for the front strut assy's?

Thank You SO MUCH in advance for the help regarding these questions.

All The Best

Orange 2010 Camaro
I am also in the process of installing these coilovers, so not much feedback yet.
Question #1: Mine is not a daily driver, but I am sensitive to NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) so I cannot offer any input here yet.

Question #2: I am waiting for the rear shocks from RideTech as they did not have some of the parts ready to ship to me, but they did send the fronts. So basically I cannot adjust even my fronts yet. I have mine currently at about 2" from the bottom of the adjuster to the top of the aluminum strut body. Try that and if you need to tweak it, jack up the nose of the car to take the weight off of the tires and the adjuster will still spin somewhat easily by hand.

Question #3: Here is a link about a broken end link:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=Ridetech
Other than that no other problems.

I did change the ABS harness mount and the brake line mount brackets. I swapped them from one side to the other and bent them a little to mimick the OE angles.
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7L-SOLD http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/cars...-c-lt1-691328/
2002 Saturn SL2 1.9L-Hauls groceries, white like most other appliances
2012 Chevrolet Traverse LT-Hauls Kids
1981 'Vette-Chevette that is, "Yeah, I had a 'Vette"-SOLD(obviously)
1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic/1991 Chevrolet Caprice-Old man cars while I was in my 20s & 30s
cdb95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:34 AM   #6
jjgixxer

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Would also like to see what you guys are running length wise when your done. I'm also waiting on the rear shocks to get here. Would be nice to get it close the first time install.
jjgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote