Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-20-2017, 06:11 PM   #1
joesailor

Drives: 2010 1LT Silver/Red
Service Stabilitrak Message

Hello, question for you guys.

With a little help today, I just installed a new inner tie rod on the passenger side of my car. The alignment is way off and have an appointment to get it taken care of tomorrow morning.

Right now I'm getting a "Service Stabilitrak" message on my car, along with the indicators that go with it. Also my traction control automatically went off too.

If I get the alignment fixed, should this fix the Stabilitrak message on my car?
joesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2014 1LT RS
You're in luck! Getting an alignment just might fix your issue: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509148
K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Custom Cat-back Exhaust (w/ Magnaflow and Solo Performance); Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Camber/Caster Bolts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
joesailor

Thanks! I had to drive it a few miles and it felt pretty weird. Steering wheel all cockeyed. That makes me feel better. I'll post an update tomorrow after the appointment.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
joesailor

Got it fixed this morning and now it works great and no messages or indicators on dash.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
A tip for those changing components in the steering.

Jack the car, spin the tire and mark it all around with something you can accurately put a pointer on (a scribe works on a dirty tire). Measure at the front and back of the tire. You want the front to be in about 1/8" from the back. The only way to measure is to make a trammel or buy one. Here's a diy trammel https://enderw88.wordpress.com/2008/...e-trammel-bar/

You can make much simpler trammels if you only use them on one car. The idea is to get you to an alignment shop with the wheels pointed in generally the right direction.