Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada


View Poll Results: What dates CAN you attend ?
May 15th 18 11.54%
May 22nd 21 13.46%
May 29th 26 16.67%
July 3rd 44 28.21%
August 21st 87 55.77%
August 28th 54 34.62%
September 4th 30 19.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #85
sugar'n'spice


 
Drives: .
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: .
Posts: 18,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
Tom, your opinion matters PLENTY!

Please bring American Beer...that Canadian stuff has TOO MUCH alcohol in it Makes people climb on tables and swing from chandeliers. hehehe
In that case....BRING the canadian beer!

I love the entertainment!
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #86
CajunCamaroChic

 
CajunCamaroChic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
In that case....BRING the canadian beer!

I love the entertainment!
And I am a cheap drunk! I've never been deported before, this could get interesting!
__________________
www.cajuncamaroclub.com / Cajun Camaro Club on Facebook
2010 2SS/RS, ABM, L99, Heritage Grille, Corsa CB Sport, K&N CAI, Foose Chrome Legends, etc.
CajunCamaroChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #87
sugar'n'spice


 
Drives: .
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: .
Posts: 18,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunCamaroChic View Post
And I am a cheap drunk! I've never been deported before, this could get interesting!
Wow! This is another side of you!

This definitely will be interesting!!
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #88
CajunCamaroChic

 
CajunCamaroChic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
Wow! This is another side of you!

This definitely will be interesting!!
LOL, I am from south Louisiana, wild and crazy Cajuns!!
__________________
www.cajuncamaroclub.com / Cajun Camaro Club on Facebook
2010 2SS/RS, ABM, L99, Heritage Grille, Corsa CB Sport, K&N CAI, Foose Chrome Legends, etc.
CajunCamaroChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #89
sugar'n'spice


 
Drives: .
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: .
Posts: 18,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunCamaroChic View Post
LOL, I am from south Louisiana, wild and crazy Cajuns!!
Bring it!!!!
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #90
2010CAMAROJ
 
2010CAMAROJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 HHR LT, 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wheatfield, NY
Posts: 205
Beer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I will bring the beer again....
Are you going to remember this time, or will I have to bail you out again!!!
I plan on staying over this year, so you better remember to stop at duty free so there is enough to go around LOL!!! Can't wait, looking forward to this again.. Should be a blast!
__________________
2010CAMAROJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #91
sugar'n'spice


 
Drives: .
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: .
Posts: 18,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Alright..... I'm back! Looks like the party got started without me


Date:
We are going to go ahead with the weekend of August 21st. So the event will run August 20 - 22 (see comments below concerning the Friday). I think we can say at this point that this information is CONFIRMED. Hopefully this means better weather than last year which means (unfortunately) tuks (aka toques) not required.


Schedule:
All we can say right now is what Hylton has already said. THERE WILL BE NO GM PLANT TOUR. We are working on lots of fun activities however and it will be bigger and better than last year. At minimum, come see what GM Oshawa looks like (it's huge!) and stop and look in awe at the Camaros rolling out onto public roads for the first time and awaiting delivery.
As Trent has said, plan a long weekend as stuff WILL be happening on the Friday!!! So plan on arriving either Thursday night or Friday morning. Does that mean if you can't make the Friday you shouldn't come? NO! There will be plenty of activities for Saturday and even some on Sunday for all to enjoy! But please keep in mind, Goal #1 of this event is to strengthen the bond between the Builders and the Buyers. The main event with the Builders (i.e. the plant workers) will be on the FRIDAY (not to say that some might not show up Saturday).
Goal #2 of this event is FAMILY. This is not a 'racing' event. And while I'm sure there will be some beverages consumed (ok a lot of beverages) in a party-type environment, we want this to be a family focused event.
Details on the schedule will follow once they are confirmed.... so please don't ask yet


Hotels/Venue:
Details on this will be coming soon too. As many know, we stayed at the Holiday Inn last year. That's a possibility again this year. BUT, that is not yet confirmed. So please do not book any rooms just yet.


Information for coming from the US:
In case anyone missed it, all the information needed concerning coming to Canada from the US by air or car is available on this website:
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1082.html

Here's an excerpt from that site concerning travel documents.
When returning to the United States from Canada, it is very important to note that all U.S. citizens are required to present a valid U.S. passport to enter or re-enter the United States via air. For entry into the United States via land and sea borders, U.S. citizens must present either a U.S. passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License or other Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant document. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate (original, photocopy or certified copy), Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or naturalization certificate.
Plan ahead and you'll have no problem


More Details to Follow: (I think that should be my new signature)
Over the next few months we will be planning this event. This is not a small task and can only be done thanks to a lot of people - especially those that host portions of the event (such as Martinrea last year ). As details are confirmed we will let you know. Please be patient. Last year was a bit of an experiment and I think most have said that despite the terrible weather it went off fairly well. We want to build on that success. Make no mistake, this is NOT Camaro5Fest North or anything like that. This is a family event where we hope to give some owners the chance to meet the people and see the place where their beloved cars came to life!

Thank you for the info, Scott!
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #92
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
 
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sparta Chevrolet, Sparta, MI
Posts: 2,105
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
WooHoo!!

Can't wait!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #93
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131
 
viper1cobra's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 & 2010 SIM 2LT/RS Born 041509
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Far West TEXAS
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Alright..... I'm back! Looks like the party got started without me


Date:
We are going to go ahead with the weekend of August 21st. So the event will run August 20 - 22 (see comments below concerning the Friday). I think we can say at this point that this information is CONFIRMED. Hopefully this means better weather than last year which means (unfortunately) tuks (aka toques) not required.


Schedule:
All we can say right now is what Hylton has already said. THERE WILL BE NO GM PLANT TOUR. We are working on lots of fun activities however and it will be bigger and better than last year. At minimum, come see what GM Oshawa looks like (it's huge!) and stop and look in awe at the Camaros rolling out onto public roads for the first time and awaiting delivery.
As Trent has said, plan a long weekend as stuff WILL be happening on the Friday!!! So plan on arriving either Thursday night or Friday morning. Does that mean if you can't make the Friday you shouldn't come? NO! There will be plenty of activities for Saturday and even some on Sunday for all to enjoy! But please keep in mind, Goal #1 of this event is to strengthen the bond between the Builders and the Buyers. The main event with the Builders (i.e. the plant workers) will be on the FRIDAY (not to say that some might not show up Saturday).
Goal #2 of this event is FAMILY. This is not a 'racing' event. And while I'm sure there will be some beverages consumed (ok a lot of beverages) in a party-type environment, we want this to be a family focused event.
Details on the schedule will follow once they are confirmed.... so please don't ask yet


Hotels/Venue:
Details on this will be coming soon too. As many know, we stayed at the Holiday Inn last year. That's a possibility again this year. BUT, that is not yet confirmed. So please do not book any rooms just yet.


Information for coming from the US:
In case anyone missed it, all the information needed concerning coming to Canada from the US by air or car is available on this website:
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1082.html

Here's an excerpt from that site concerning travel documents.
When returning to the United States from Canada, it is very important to note that all U.S. citizens are required to present a valid U.S. passport to enter or re-enter the United States via air. For entry into the United States via land and sea borders, U.S. citizens must present either a U.S. passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License or other Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant document. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate (original, photocopy or certified copy), Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or naturalization certificate.
Plan ahead and you'll have no problem


More Details to Follow: (I think that should be my new signature)
Over the next few months we will be planning this event. This is not a small task and can only be done thanks to a lot of people - especially those that host portions of the event (such as Martinrea last year ). As details are confirmed we will let you know. Please be patient. Last year was a bit of an experiment and I think most have said that despite the terrible weather it went off fairly well. We want to build on that success. Make no mistake, this is NOT Camaro5Fest North or anything like that. This is a family event where we hope to give some owners the chance to meet the people and see the place where their beloved cars came to life!
Thanks for the Updated info. I am looking forward to future Updates as they are available.

As soon as the date for the event is locked in, We will try to get the time off to go.
__________________
viper1cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #94
CanadianCamaro

 
CanadianCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1cobra View Post
Thanks for the Updated info. I am looking forward to future Updates as they are available.

As soon as the date for the event is locked in, We will try to get the time off to go.
The date is locked and loaded.... book your time now
__________________

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #95
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
I will again have the Buffalo convoy. Those interested in driving up along side me, please post it here AND pm me your full contact information- name, cell phone, etc so I'm sure I have everyone's info for that morning so noone gets left behind. We will be meeting in the parking lot of the Seneca Niagara Casino in Niagara Falls, NY right next to the border crossing of the Rainbow Bridge on Friday beginning at 7:30 AM and be on the road NLT 8:00 AM.
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #96
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
I will again have the Buffalo convoy. Those interested in driving up along side me, please post it here AND pm me your full contact information- name, cell phone, etc so I'm sure I have everyone's info for that morning so noone gets left behind. We will be meeting in the parking lot of the Seneca Niagara Casino in Niagara Falls, NY right next to the border crossing of the Rainbow Bridge on Friday beginning at 7:30 AM and be on the road NLT 8:00 AM.
..and you won't have to put your kids on the schoolbus that morning!
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #97
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
..and you won't have to put your kids on the schoolbus that morning!
Hence the NLT 8am instead of 9am
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #98
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Hence the NLT 8am instead of 9am
Is Amy coming up with you again?
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOUTH CAROLINA, NC, GA, MEET & GREET DEC 5,2009 michael's maro USA - Southeast 222 12-06-2010 08:16 PM
6th Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet 2010 meissen USA - Great Lakes 126 06-08-2010 07:49 PM
HUGE Orange County Horsepower Meet, Greet, & PCH Cruise 03/07/10 redracer1 USA - California 18 03-09-2010 03:58 PM
Toronto Star Article Oct 10th 2009 - Oshawa Meet & Greet RetroDude Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 24 10-14-2009 09:11 AM
Michigan FBody Meet & Greet, May 30th, Milford Michigan meissen USA - Great Lakes 23 05-30-2009 11:24 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.